Post-Game Talk: It's done. It's over now. (McDavid's x-rays came back negative)

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Loving all the Batman content being posted recently.

I am a simple man. I see Batman, I hit like.

I think @Cloned is the creator and main driver.

I did want to post the Batman from "Justice League: Gods and Monsters", as to what the Oilers' should've done last night, but there wasn't any good video of Dr. Kirk Langstrom sinking his fangs into someone's neck while in his Batman suit.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think @Cloned is the creator and main driver.

I did want to post the Batman from "Justice League: Gods and Monsters", as to what the Oilers' should've done last night, but there wasn't any good video of Dr. Kirk Langstrom sinking his fangs into someone's neck while in his Batman suit.

@The Batman started it with his Batman gifs. I just made them more viral.

Reactions: oilers'72

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
To be fair, you rarely ever see any sort of major wholesale retribution anymore, unless you have a crazy guy like Tom Wilson on your team.
I’m not asking for wholesale. Just one guy to stand up and say ‘f*** that shit’. Even one. The more I think about it the angrier I’m getting.

For example how about Chiasson? He’s no shrimp, and if I recall he’s done fairly well for himself in a couple scraps. McDavid personally turned him from waiver wire scrub to 21 goal man who is definitely going to get a contract from somebody next season. I know if a guy added a couple million to my bank account I’d drop the gloves for him without a second thought.

Or Larsson or Klefbom could have made themselves useful for once. There’s any number of guys who don’t have the rap sheet Kassian has who could have squared up with that gutless worm. Wimps ... the lot of them.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
So... Negative x ray means no broken bones? Then it's a bruise? Doesn't make sense

It means that if there is an underlying injury (which given his condition I'd say is insanely likely) it's a muscle/ligament/meniscus injury. X-rays can only see bone and silhouettes of certain organs depending upon the angle they are looking at. They won't detect much else. Given the situation it's likely that it's a tear of some sort - probably around his knee. My guess would be his ACL or the MCL given the point of impact from below the knee, which can be pretty serious. We just have to pray that it's not a bad tear. As many other posters have stated, this can be a very very serious injury. They X-ray being negative isn't really a good or a bad thing. I'd prefer a clean break tbh because that is fairly easy to fix and rehab.

If you're wondering my background, when I first started my RN I worked at the Glenrose for a couple years and moved on to ICU for a number of years. While I wouldn't say I'm an authority on this at all as I'm not an expert in diagnostic imaging by any means, I just hope it helps to give some clarity given that there is a lot of misinformation (medically) on this board.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
I’m not asking for wholesale. Just one guy to stand up and say ‘**** that ****’. Even one. The more I think about it the angrier I’m getting.

For example how about Chiasson? He’s no shrimp, and if I recall he’s done fairly well for himself in a couple scraps. McDavid personally turned him from waiver wire scrub to 21 goal man who is definitely going to get a contract from somebody next season. I know if a guy added a couple million to my bank account I’d drop the gloves for him without a second thought.

Or Larsson or Klefbom could have made themselves useful for once. There’s any number of guys who don’t have the rap sheet Kassian has who could have squared up with that gutless worm. Wimps ... the lot of them.
I mean it's not going and punching someone in the face, but I did see Nurse make an effort to seek out hits on Gaudreau after that hit, of course Johnny was bailing out every time Nurse came close, but that's a much better response in my mind. You put a little boy on the ice and have him be your best player and they injure your star then jr. should bear the brunt of it. That's how the NHL wants it since no one is allowed to fight anymore.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Congrats to Drai on #50. Too bad he couldn't tie Ovie especially with that open net attempt. Glad Connor was on the ice for that at least. Also very happy Johnny cry baby didn't get to 100.

Why wasn't Lucic playing in this game? Where's the response on giordano or hacking away at gaudreau? This team is a bunch of f'in losers. And thank you NHL for allowing players to have their way against Connor all the time. I guess this is what they want. Best player in the league out with injury bc the refs don't care to stop anything ever against him.

F you NHL, f you flames, f you to this season! We better win that lottery next week. No team deserves it more.

Reactions: TB12

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I’m due I’m disappointed that Nuge or one of the other senior leaders of the team didn’t step up to Giordano and make him answer the bell for that garbage. Instead of finishing the season standing up for your teammate by Nuge smashing Giordano aka Mr Beans face in we just went out with a whimper.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I’m due I’m disappointed that Nuge or one of the other senior leaders of the team didn’t step up to Giordano and make him answer the bell for that garbage. Instead of finishing the season standing up for your teammate by Nuge smashing Giordano aka Mr Beans face in we just went out with a whimper.
Giordano would kill Nuge

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I’m not asking for wholesale. Just one guy to stand up and say ‘**** that ****’. Even one. The more I think about it the angrier I’m getting.

Vegas is lucky to have gotten Reaves. He's the dude I wanted to acquire a few seasons back, before Lucic was signed.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Congrats to Drai on #50. Too bad he couldn't tie Ovie especially with that open net attempt. Glad Connor was on the ice for that at least. Also very happy Johnny cry baby didn't get to 100.

Why wasn't Lucic playing in this game? Where's the response on giordano or hacking away at gaudreau? This team is a bunch of f'in losers. And thank you NHL for allowing players to have their way against Connor all the time. I guess this is what they want. Best player in the league out with injury bc the refs don't care to stop anything ever against him.

F you NHL, f you flames, f you to this season! We better win that lottery next week. No team deserves it more.

Fun fact: Drai doesn't have a single empty net goal this year. Every of one his 50 goals beat a tender. I wonder if that has ever happened before?

Reactions: dssource and TB12

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Anybody else notice that Lucic was out with a LBI? Groundwork for a one way trip to “Robidas island” or is my tinfoil hat too tight?

. Kinda a catch 22 here. McJesus gets injured and all of OILERNATION is praying he will be ok. Lucic misses last game and everyone is praying he is hurt long term

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I wonder if that last shot was going to go in the empty net before it was high sticked out of the air. Man the oilers can have some shitty luck.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Katz doesn't own Rexall

He sold is just over 3 YEARS ago now, but people keep posting as if he owns it. It's odd for such a fanatical fan base.

Side note: he sold all his pharmacy businesses for about $4 billion, with about half in cash (from the sources I have read). Close to $2 billion in cash, crazy. The even crazier thing, is how he built his empire on leveraged assets, all stemming from a few hundred thousand dollar loan in the early 90s. Imagine turning a quarter million-half million loan into $4 bill in about 25 years!

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I’m due I’m disappointed that Nuge or one of the other senior leaders of the team didn’t step up to Giordano and make him answer the bell for that garbage.
L O double f***ing L at the idea of RNH ever stepping up in this sort of situation.
I did see Nurse make an effort to seek out hits on Gaudreau after that hit, of course Johnny was bailing out every time Nurse came close, but that's a much better response in my mind
Yeah, I’ll give you that. Nurse was totally prepared to do something if anyone had given him the slightest opportunity. But in typical Flame fashion they tucked in their tails.

Last edited:

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
With the fastest player in the league, the Oilers are fourth last in PP's over the year. Flames are second - the Wideman incident seems to have helped their cause.

I realize that the Oilers lack of skill is a factor but please - McDavid could be drawing 4 a game himself it things were consistent. Definately bias there.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Fun fact: Drai doesn't have a single empty net goal this year. Every of one his 50 goals beat a tender. I wonder if that has ever happened before?
Brett Hull scored all of his 86 in 1991 by beating the goaltender every time.

Gretzky beat the goaltender 88 times (of 92 total) in 1982.

I can't recall now how many ENG Gretzky had from his 87 in 1984, but maybe 83...?

Anyway, Hull scored 86 with no empty nets.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

Didn't see the game
Don't even know what happened except for reading here

But I will never not agree with this stance.
2017 was not fantastic only because we made the playoffs, but it was also because we finally stood up for ourselves and gave s**t BACK.

Pretty clear we're back to our same old garbage.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
L O double ****ing L at the idea of RNH ever stepping up in this sort of situation.
Yeah, I’ll give you that. Nurse was totally prepared to do something if anyone had given him the slightest opportunity. But in typical Flame fashion they tucked in their tails.

Your radar is slipping. Everything Todd from Leduc states is satire. His name for RNH is Feral Pine Marten. So I doubt he's being serious at all about RNH ever standing up to anybody weighing 180 or more lbs.

Nuge likes to dance with the weakest players in the NHL when he ever does pick a scrum.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Didn't see the game
Don't even know what happened except for reading here

But I will never not agree with this stance.
2017 was not fantastic only because we made the playoffs, but it was also because we finally stood up for ourselves and gave s**t BACK.

Pretty clear we're back to our same old garbage.

What happened is maybe emblematic of the season. There's say 7 players in the lineup that even care. We have a very small amount of players that actually consider themselves part of the team, really. Most players here know where they are, and where that is is on a rotating conveyer belt that just keeps churning out support players and picking new ones. Guys don't come in here and give their all because they know it won't matter, they'll be gone soon enough anyway. Its how this org operates and its a very huge problem. Nuge spoke to it today. A team needs consistency and continuance in coaches, managers, players. Pick the right ones and have some stability.

We expect everybody to be accountable to team when outside of 7 players this ISN'T a team because few accept that they will even continue to be here. They pay attention, they know this is Team revolving door. So you do enough to get a chance elsewhere and are happy to get it. Ryan Strome is the quintessential Oiler. Play better before and after coming here because here has no loyalty. Here, you are nothing, and treated like nothing. Its why the support players here don't lift much more than a finger. To me its the Belanger dynamic. It just keeps happening because its an established pattern.

So when players don't care enough here because they know they are no continued value here, and the team always moves on and finds other players theres no reason to knock yourself out here. You'll be garbage in the eyes of management here soon enough. Players come here with that fatalistic impression of the org.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Your radar is slipping. Everything Todd from Leduc states is satire. His name for RNH is Feral Pine Marten. So I doubt he's being serious at all about RNH ever standing up to anybody weighing 180 or more lbs.

Nuge likes to dance with the weakest players in the NHL when he ever does pick a scrum.

He certainly wouldn't fight somebody like Dan Hamhuis, for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad