Post-Game Talk: It's done. It's over now. (McDavid's x-rays came back negative)

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
Anybody else notice that Lucic was out with a LBI? Groundwork for a one way trip to “Robidas island” or is my tinfoil hat too tight?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
My wife screwed her ankle good and proper a couple years back. The doc who saw her told her it's worse to sprain ankles and tear ligaments than break bones. What pissed me off about Hrudey was how he said it. Amber is trying to be positive about it with a "Maybe its not as bad as it looked" speach and Hrudey is right there to deflate it all.

Definitley looked mid shin. Connor drinks his milk to escape that crash without any broken bones.

I didnt see that segment so I will take your word for it. If Hrudy was trying to paint a negative picture then he deserves some pushback for being a dick.

Regarding the sprain....I sprained my ankle playing football. That was it for sports for the rest of that year. Almost 9 months after I hurt it I was walking in a gravel parking lot (uneven ground) and my ankle shifted to the side a little and the level of pain completely caught me off guard. I hadnt even thought about my ankle for weeks and thought it was healed...it wasnt.
It actually took a year to heal properly.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I didnt see that segment so I will take your word for it. If Hrudy was trying to paint a negative picture then he deserves some pushback for being a dick.

Regarding the sprain....I sprained my ankle playing football. That was it for sports for the rest of that year. Almost 9 months after I hurt it I was walking in a gravel parking lot (uneven ground) and my ankle shifted to the side a little and the level of pain completely caught me off guard. I hadnt even thought about my ankle for weeks and thought it was healed...it wasnt.
It actually took a year to heal properly.

Yeah it was during their post-game wrap up when he said it.

It's crazy how long sprains can take to heal up. Even now, my wife will take a mistep or something and she'll favor her ankle.

Last edited:
Reactions: guymez

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The season's over. And, with that, I'm sure there's a lot of fans that want to get rid of the negativity nice and clean, avoid having the Oilers' fan war and return to a better hockey world.

Reactions: The Batman

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
So... Negative x ray means no broken bones? Then it's a bruise? Doesn't make sense

Could still be ligament damage which is worse.

Modern surgery has come a long way though.

If it is torn ligaments hopefully he gets Dr. James Andrews or someone of that stature. Dr Andrews does a lot of the high profile NFL surgeries.

Reactions: Peanut Butter

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

If it is torn ligaments hopefully he gets Dr. James Andrews or someone of that stature. Dr Andrews does a lot of the high profile NFL surgeries.

I'm sure Katz has him on speed dial, or at least does now. Just in case.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Giordano didn't do anything dirty on the play. If anything, Connor did by grabbing Giordano's stick. It's just a hockey play. When players live by racing past other players (see: Bobby Orr), injuries are a constant risk.

Okay, so now onto next season:

Keep
McDavid
Draisaitl
RNH (or trade him for two really good players)
Klefbom
Nurse
Kassian
Koskinen (untrade-able now anyway)
Chiasson

Get rid of
All other players
Lowe / MacT
W. Gretzky

Blast into Outer Space
Lucic
Nicholson
Katz

if I knew how, id make it loop 0:48-1:10 :P

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I have never had so much disdain for this team. Nobody did anything to challenge Giordano or go after him. If Nurse or Kassian aren't going to do anything there are still 15 other guys who could. Bunch of ****in losers.
Agreed. I couldn’t look myself in the mirror, never mind face my captain if I’d finished the game like those bunch of p***yes did. Lost a lot of respect for Kassian tonight.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Agreed. I couldn’t look myself in the mirror, never mind face my captain if I’d finished the game like those bunch of *****es did. Lost a lot of respect for Kassian tonight.

To be fair, you rarely ever see any sort of major wholesale retribution anymore, unless you have a crazy guy like Tom Wilson on your team.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I've never see such a reckless dive. What do you think would happen going for the legs? Seriously, do people think that was not dirty? Even if McDavid didn't hit the net, it was guaranteed he was going full speed into the boards. I definitely believe that should be suspension worthy. That is an absolutely dangerous play regardless the player. It shouldn't be done, period. Taking out the legs is dirty as ****.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

It’s the Oilers, they’ll get Dr. Nick

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I've never see such a reckless dive. What do you think would happen going for the legs? Seriously, do people think that was not dirty? Even if McDavid didn't hit the net, it was guaranteed he was going full speed into the boards. I definitely believe that should be suspension worthy. That is an absolutely dangerous play regardless the player. It shouldn't be done, period. Taking out the legs is dirty as ****.
Nothing will be done because he “feels bad”.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad