Staples Twitter: Isles Sign Sbisa

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I am a high functioning autistic who has presented most of my base hockey theories on TSN1260 Alan Mitchell’s “Lowetide” blog and HF boards.

My father and friend were the lead minds for Aerospace industry greatest practical minds of last 150 years.
Father development of:1. Canadian Avro Arrow - basis for the entire American fighter jet industry, 2. Nuclear powered rocket program in Jackass flats NV, 3.for Apollo service module and lunar lander, 4. Retro fit of Hawk SAM to make it functional from late 60,s to 2000, 5. Landsat satellite development and tracking program, 6. first Motorola home satelite dish, 7. Exocet missle, 8. Designing & commisioning many of the worlds satelite tracking programs for NATO partner countries................

These minds lead me to reject (@ 13yr) Academic linear binary aproach looking for formulaic solutions In forward/ reverse binary variable (T/F & +/-) linear path confirmation.

I used a Boolean multivarible Sequence of event (SOE) mapping of outcomes for machines/sport robot/human actions allowing Identification of the 40-500% affects to create my theories. We now see the leading binary linear academic theorists reject thier work by using my approach.

I have used two two observations (to 100% break down GA portion of hockey) that date back
1. 50 yr (flin Flon bombers violence about attack defend net) that lead to the entire high danger shot density portion of analytic tree.
-Shot density (12 yr)
-Home plate/ perimeter Ratio. (12yr)
-Elite HD dmen
- Dpairs establish save% avg baseline goalies perform around
- Goalies are measured +/- versus Dpair Save% baseline.
- Off dmen are rovers who create a 3F-1R-1D-1G who occupy forward zone space on offence and abandon def of HD area must be measured against Dmen.

2. 44 yr ago Playing with 7 yr old Ron Gunville (Player Personel Director of P.A. Raiders) I observed him moving like a table hockey goalie. The shots hit him at a high %. The have 0% chance off going in ( closed shot). Driver of a whole other collection of def affect.
- Table hockey goalie ( creates closed shots)
- open / closed SH: only open sh need accelerated goalie movement to make SV.
- 0% Corsi = ( blocks + misses + closed sh)
- elite 0% corsi Men (subject goalies to lowest % of storable Corsi)
= 0% corsi/CA ( #1 Russell, #2 DeHaan) 12 year old theory

My two ( 2 kinds of ZS) player Situation usage 3d matrix ( 3 axis multi variable) based on team, comp, ZS (60% Face Off & 40% coach bench change w/ or w/o pocession) establishes expected baseline and +/- performance ranges for the 258 or 512 situations.

When I looked at cup success:
1. Who wins championships (2 teams 1conf & 1 Cup/conf)
Top 5 GA teams can win a championship with bottom 30GF
Top 5 GF teams need top 15 GA to win championships
GA teams make/ advance in playoffs 20-40% more than GF teams.
GA drives championships
2. What is a repetitive cup core roster:
I have discussed this theory on HF boards for many years.
Vegas 100% copied it.
1. HD coach
Gallant
2. Top 10 HD goalie ( 1 available in exp draft)
Fluery
3. 3+ top,60 HD dmen (4 last 3 seasons) (9 available in exp)
Vegas took all 9
3 top 10 Mcnabb, Stoner, Schmidt
2 top 25 Methot, TVR
2 top 45 C. Miller, Sbisa
2 top 60 Engelland, Garrison
4. Top 8 team Cummulative Top 125 fwd ( 16g 39p) production. ( 5 avail)
185 groups of 16/39 absilble from top 125 fwds.
Mcdavid = 2.65
Neal, Perron, Eakin, Smith, Marschesault,
With Increased TOI prospects Karlsson, Haula, Tuch
5. +ve goal diff special team.

A team that puts emphasis on 2D-1G HD sys and has parts 1,2,3 is Conf final competative every yr.
2. Griess Top 10 last 3 yr
3. Sbisa top 45 HD, boychuk used to be top 30.

CHL scouts I talk to agree with the Rover structure theory
When HD perimeter ratio was (1.5/2):1 rovers offensive performance had more value than def.
Now that it is 5:1 the Def is much more important.
Rovers establish save % baselines of .897 to .907
Since Top 5 rovers generate ev off at #6 to #9 fwd and #6 rovers on down generate at #10 (4 th line) to AHL level. You want it in the 270 to 360 forward superipr at generating offence.

NYI Def establishes brutal save% baselines.

But you now have
2/4-5 GA cup core
Griess
Sbisa

If you see a rover skating up the puck that allows opp to set up NZ traps that greatly reduce zone entry. Often leading to,pout,and situations in front of thier own net.
I will fully admit I did not understand everything here, but what I did get was really fascinating , and thanks for posting it. I hope you're right when it comes to the Isles here.

Reactions: dood

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
high danger shot density
I honestly did not understand most of what you posted (my problem, not yours!), but the quoted words above jumped out at me because the Isles last year gave up a ridiculous number of shots from the slot (high danger area, right?). Like, to the point where it's almost an easy fix. That's my main reason for optimism this year with Trotz as coach.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I am a high functioning autistic who has presented most of my base hockey theories on TSN1260 Alan Mitchell’s “Lowetide” blog and HF boards.

My father and friend were the lead minds for Aerospace industry greatest practical minds of last 150 years.
Father development of:1. Canadian Avro Arrow - basis for the entire American fighter jet industry, 2. Nuclear powered rocket program in Jackass flats NV, 3.for Apollo service module and lunar lander, 4. Retro fit of Hawk SAM to make it functional from late 60,s to 2000, 5. Landsat satellite development and tracking program, 6. first Motorola home satelite dish, 7. Exocet missle, 8. Designing & commisioning many of the worlds satelite tracking programs for NATO partner countries................

These minds lead me to reject (@ 13yr) Academic linear binary aproach looking for formulaic solutions In forward/ reverse binary variable (T/F & +/-) linear path confirmation.

I used a Boolean multivarible Sequence of event (SOE) mapping of outcomes for machines/sport robot/human actions allowing Identification of the 40-500% affects to create my theories. We now see the leading binary linear academic theorists reject thier work by using my approach.

I have used two two observations (to 100% break down GA portion of hockey) that date back
1. 50 yr (flin Flon bombers violence about attack defend net) that lead to the entire high danger shot density portion of analytic tree.
-Shot density (12 yr)
-Home plate/ perimeter Ratio. (12yr)
-Elite HD dmen
- Dpairs establish save% avg baseline goalies perform around
- Goalies are measured +/- versus Dpair Save% baseline.
- Off dmen are rovers who create a 3F-1R-1D-1G who occupy forward zone space on offence and abandon def of HD area must be measured against Dmen.

2. 44 yr ago Playing with 7 yr old Ron Gunville (Player Personel Director of P.A. Raiders) I observed him moving like a table hockey goalie. The shots hit him at a high %. The have 0% chance off going in ( closed shot). Driver of a whole other collection of def affect.
- Table hockey goalie ( creates closed shots)
- open / closed SH: only open sh need accelerated goalie movement to make SV.
- 0% Corsi = ( blocks + misses + closed sh)
- elite 0% corsi Men (subject goalies to lowest % of storable Corsi)
= 0% corsi/CA ( #1 Russell, #2 DeHaan) 12 year old theory

My two ( 2 kinds of ZS) player Situation usage 3d matrix ( 3 axis multi variable) based on team, comp, ZS (60% Face Off & 40% coach bench change w/ or w/o pocession) establishes expected baseline and +/- performance ranges for the 258 or 512 situations.

When I looked at cup success:
1. Who wins championships (2 teams 1conf & 1 Cup/conf)
Top 5 GA teams can win a championship with bottom 30GF
Top 5 GF teams need top 15 GA to win championships
GA teams make/ advance in playoffs 20-40% more than GF teams.
GA drives championships
2. What is a repetitive cup core roster:
I have discussed this theory on HF boards for many years.
Vegas 100% copied it.
1. HD coach
Gallant
2. Top 10 HD goalie ( 1 available in exp draft)
Fluery
3. 3+ top,60 HD dmen (4 last 3 seasons) (9 available in exp)
Vegas took all 9
3 top 10 Mcnabb, Stoner, Schmidt
2 top 25 Methot, TVR
2 top 45 C. Miller, Sbisa
2 top 60 Engelland, Garrison
4. Top 8 team Cummulative Top 125 fwd ( 16g 39p) production. ( 5 avail)
185 groups of 16/39 absilble from top 125 fwds.
Mcdavid = 2.65
Neal, Perron, Eakin, Smith, Marschesault,
With Increased TOI prospects Karlsson, Haula, Tuch
5. +ve goal diff special team.

A team that puts emphasis on 2D-1G HD sys and has parts 1,2,3 is Conf final competative every yr.
2. Griess Top 10 last 3 yr
3. Sbisa top 45 HD, boychuk used to be top 30.

CHL scouts I talk to agree with the Rover structure theory
When HD perimeter ratio was (1.5/2):1 rovers offensive performance had more value than def.
Now that it is 5:1 the Def is much more important.
Rovers establish save % baselines of .897 to .907
Since Top 5 rovers generate ev off at #6 to #9 fwd and #6 rovers on down generate at #10 (4 th line) to AHL level. You want it in the 270 to 360 forward superipr at generating offence.

NYI Def establishes brutal save% baselines.

But you now have
2/4-5 GA cup core
Griess
Sbisa

If you see a rover skating up the puck that allows opp to set up NZ traps that greatly reduce zone entry. Often leading to,pout,and situations in front of thier own net.

tl;dr

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I’m ok w this as long as his presence doesn’t justify keeping Toews in the pressbox.

Depth is good when inevitable injuries strike.

Toews actually makes this team better. He should be in the top 6 unless he has two terrible games to finish the preseason.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
I will fully admit I did not understand everything here, but what I did get was really fascinating , and thanks for posting it. I hope you're right when it comes to the Isles here.

Boolean can be a math structure or philosophy.
SOE is a number of events, actions, motions.
All I do is look for high ratio variances.
1.avg high danger shot (homeplate) goes in 5 times more than perimeter shots. Where should you defend and we’re should you try to get shots from.

Early on people tried to define tough. Fighting is not tough.
I looked at forwards with high homeplate penetration rates.
Eberle was the 5 th best. It goes in partnership with high career shooting %.

When you look at the 80,s Off dmen (Rovers) scored at a similiar rate as forwards. Perimeter shots went in almost as much as homeplate area shots.
But Now after the top 5 off dmen (rovers) you get 4th line forward offence.
That does not justify the high High danger shot rates. Which is important.
Avg high danger shot is 17.5% successful = .825 expected save%
Avg perimeter LD sh is 3.5% successful. = .965 expected save%
Dpairs establish an expected save% for goalies to perform around.
30 shots in std gm. With avg shots.
Worst 11.5-14.5
14.5hdsh + 15.5 LDsh = .898 save% baseline
Avg 9 - 11.5
10.5 Hdsh + 19.5 LDsh = .916% baseline
Best 7.0 - 9
7.0 Hdsh + 23 Ldsh = .932 save% baseline

Rovers abandon HD area to attack. Causing a 1D-1G defence of homeplate area. Causing high HDsh/60 = bad to brutal evga rates.

You want the best goalies at stopping shots relative to baseline.
Price, Murray, Holtby, Talbot, Griess ........
Brian Elliott (#7 hd Goalie) faced as much as 2 games worth of shot density (exp save%/GA) in a game. For the Giordano- hamilton pair he had an expected save% baseline of .898. Yet he had a .937 save%
.937 - .898 = + .039 save% performance. He made a bad Def pair look good.

CGY have been bottom 3 HD def team the last 5 seasons.
Hiller #7 HD goalie in Anaheim. Faced 28.8 sh/gm and 13.7 HDsh
His expected save % established by the adpair was . 900 yet he ended up with a .918 save% +.018 for the season.
This is a cup caliber goalie.

A large % of shots on net hit a goalie. 0% chance of going in.
So dmen who generate high blocks, Misses, hit goalies make a goalies job easier. Dmen like Russell and DeHaan allow the lowest % of shots that hit open space in net elevation which require actual movement to make a save.

Thier are elite Combo dmen who are elite HD and 0% Corsi Dmen who can make a D partners baseline numbers better than they are.
Repetitive top 5 is DeHaan.

you are looking to identify and eliminate High acting -ve Goal diff actions.
You are looking to identify and increase repeat rate of +ve goal diff actions.
Looking to get/ keep the players who are +ve and get rid of players who are -ve.

I ran into D. Sutter the summer he was considering retiring.
I congratulated him on the cup wins and trading for Brayden Mcnabb.
DS: Your an anslytics Guy.
RTB: Yes but iI believe in visual ( video) Scouting paired with data analysis.
DS: we are turning players into F........ robots.

My goal diff success mapping. Identifies the best path of actions to achieve GF or GA.
You want a high rate of shift repeatability (Belichek and Me Theory)
Coaches have less flexibility in system play.
Championship winners have cores of high shift repeatable +ve goal diff action players.
DET
CHI
BOS
LAK
PIT
NSH
WSH
VGK
Best collection of robots!

Think of traditional trite sayings.
Go to the net.
Defend the net.

There is a reason you hear them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metnut

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Go to the net.
Defend the net.

Great stuff. This may sound like a silly example, but not long before I had to "retire" from dekHockey I played in a league where I was 10-15 years older than most of the players. One of my last games we were very short players and only had a sub or two, so I played the whole game. And on top of that I had a leg injury and had limited mobility. I played defense so I focused on defending the slot and basically let opposing players have the corners/boards. I always kind of did that to some extent, but this game was over the top. I actually had a really good game. If you shut down the opposition in the slot, they kind of don't score much. Last year's Isles were the opposite.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Only reasoning I can see is so you can get him to pass through waivers, and we don't care about cap space this year.
im not talking about cap space im talking about real actually money out of someone pocket

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
Off dmen ( rovers) keep the puck from forwards who are 4 times better at generating offence.
Is that a good way to outscore your opposition!

Running fwd NZ trap reduces Zone entry the most.
Greatly reducing CA.
Quick transition passes to forwards does not let opposition run Fwd NZ trap resulting in higher CF.
Common sense actions.

I spent the last 10years as the data collector/verifier and Scientific/Financial modelling advisor for a companies ( Carbon Tax driven) Alberta Coal Power Plant Conversion Analysis.

My wife an award winning ( sports page) editor/writer for 14 years in the Sun/Postmedia ( Canada’s largest) newspaper chain.

Often referred to my 10pm to 2-3am. Hockey analytics seccions as my Rainman, Beautiful mind moments. Though memorizing 500,000 pieces of data and graphing them in 3d to 10 array in my mind to develop theories is beautifulmind.

But the conversion capture to paper, digital picture capture of whiteboard/window analysis, excel populated data columns.
Have actually done the conference room analysis scene in Ben Afflecks “Accountant” as part of Coal Power Plant Conversion.

I have played/participated in a series of sports at international/ national/provincial/town level in Canada. Fastball, hockey, football, Soccer, Rugby.......

High School highlight:
Playing MLB and partner with Free S. First to hold Rhueben Mayes (former NCAA single gm rushing record holder) ( NFL Off rookie of year) to under 100 yds rushing when he was racking 300 - 500 yds per game.

Like to break down all actions and relate them to similiar actions in other sports. Understanding 3 hr a night of modifying play mechanism for a sport.

Practical game Analysis partnered with kiniesology based human mechanism play/ coaching in partnership with results based data analysis.

I like to refer to common sense.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Boolean can be a math structure or philosophy.
SOE is a number of events, actions, motions.
All I do is look for high ratio variances.
1.avg high danger shot (homeplate) goes in 5 times more than perimeter shots. Where should you defend and we’re should you try to get shots from.

Early on people tried to define tough. Fighting is not tough.
I looked at forwards with high homeplate penetration rates.
Eberle was the 5 th best. It goes in partnership with high career shooting %.

When you look at the 80,s Off dmen (Rovers) scored at a similiar rate as forwards. Perimeter shots went in almost as much as homeplate area shots.
But Now after the top 5 off dmen (rovers) you get 4th line forward offence.
That does not justify the high High danger shot rates. Which is important.
Avg high danger shot is 17.5% successful = .825 expected save%
Avg perimeter LD sh is 3.5% successful. = .965 expected save%
Dpairs establish an expected save% for goalies to perform around.
30 shots in std gm. With avg shots.
Worst 11.5-14.5
14.5hdsh + 15.5 LDsh = .898 save% baseline
Avg 9 - 11.5
10.5 Hdsh + 19.5 LDsh = .916% baseline
Best 7.0 - 9
7.0 Hdsh + 23 Ldsh = .932 save% baseline

Rovers abandon HD area to attack. Causing a 1D-1G defence of homeplate area. Causing high HDsh/60 = bad to brutal evga rates.

You want the best goalies at stopping shots relative to baseline.
Price, Murray, Holtby, Talbot, Griess ........
Brian Elliott (#7 hd Goalie) faced as much as 2 games worth of shot density (exp save%/GA) in a game. For the Giordano- hamilton pair he had an expected save% baseline of .898. Yet he had a .937 save%
.937 - .898 = + .039 save% performance. He made a bad Def pair look good.

CGY have been bottom 3 HD def team the last 5 seasons.
Hiller #7 HD goalie in Anaheim. Faced 28.8 sh/gm and 13.7 HDsh
His expected save % established by the adpair was . 900 yet he ended up with a .918 save% +.018 for the season.
This is a cup caliber goalie.

A large % of shots on net hit a goalie. 0% chance of going in.
So dmen who generate high blocks, Misses, hit goalies make a goalies job easier. Dmen like Russell and DeHaan allow the lowest % of shots that hit open space in net elevation which require actual movement to make a save.

Thier are elite Combo dmen who are elite HD and 0% Corsi Dmen who can make a D partners baseline numbers better than they are.
Repetitive top 5 is DeHaan.

you are looking to identify and eliminate High acting -ve Goal diff actions.
You are looking to identify and increase repeat rate of +ve goal diff actions.
Looking to get/ keep the players who are +ve and get rid of players who are -ve.

I ran into D. Sutter the summer he was considering retiring.
I congratulated him on the cup wins and trading for Brayden Mcnabb.
DS: Your an anslytics Guy.
RTB: Yes but iI believe in visual ( video) Scouting paired with data analysis.
DS: we are turning players into F........ robots.

My goal diff success mapping. Identifies the best path of actions to achieve GF or GA.
You want a high rate of shift repeatability (Belichek and Me Theory)
Coaches have less flexibility in system play.
Championship winners have cores of high shift repeatable +ve goal diff action players.
DET
CHI
BOS
LAK
PIT
NSH
WSH
VGK
Best collection of robots!

Go to the net.
Defend the net.

Thank you for your two educational posts. Some team should really hire you!

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Because smart organizations spend big on players who are among the very worst in the whole sport while letting their talented guys walk over 500k a year.

So, uh, when did that happen here?

And DON'T even bother mentioning Nielsen and Okposo, who left because they wanted to. And got horrific overpayments to do so. And have floundered with bottom dwellers ever since.

Last edited:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
At the moment, I see it going down like this...

The team starts with the expected top 6 and sends Toews to BPort to start the season. He gets his game feet back and enjoys plenty of PP time.

Sbisa is the guy in the pressbox.

As soon as someone gets a little injury and misses a couple of games or needs a day off, Sbisa suits up.

If anyone gets in Barry's doghouse and he wants to send him a message, Sbisa is in the line-up.

If someone gets a more serious injury and is out of the line-up for an extended period of time, Toews comes up and immediately jumps into the top 6.

And he likely won't look back once he does.

Last edited:
Reactions: periferal

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
im not talking about cap space im talking about real actually money out of someone pocket
And I'm sure the billionaires appreciate your concern for their financial well being. I have to imagine they did not anticipate having to budget for a player payroll in the bottom 10 of the league when they bought the team. But I'm also willing to bet that they have sufficient funds to pay a team salary in the bottom 10 of the league, and were prepared for a team salary of at least that when they purchased the team.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So, uh, when did that happen here?

And DON'T even bother mentioning Nielsen and Okposo, who left because they wanted to. And got horrific overpayments to do so. And have floundered with bottom dwellers ever since.
Was referring to Calvin deHaan, a legit top 4 D who the team literally let walk over 500k. It was not an accident that you can pinpoint last season going straight to hell to when he got crushed by the Kings player falling right on top of him. And you might want to check out the article in The Athletic about how a total freak accident at a Sabres practice messed Kyle up in an unimaginable way. He was literally an all star for us before that happened. And in the article was a very interesting comment by one of his closest friends on just how much he loved and respected Kyle. After reading it I am convinced of this: if Kyle had stayed the catastrophe that befell this organization on July 1st never would've happend.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Was referring to Calvin deHaan, a legit top 4 D who the team literally let walk over 500k. It was not an accident that you can pinpoint last season going straight to hell to when he got crushed by the Kings player falling right on top of him.

Calvin was a good Dman - our best defensive Dman last season and perhaps the season before.

He signed for a tick over 4.5 million for four years.

I don't know if Lou and co. offered him 4 million per, but let us not forget the following:
1) Due to his shoulder injury history, his contracts can no longer be insured. As such, when there's another injury, the team is on the books for his full salary one way or the other. Wrong of the NYI not to pony up either the dough OR the years in light of that?
2) Toews has been the heir apparent for de Haan for several years now. Will he, or Pelech for that matter, become the non-injury-prone version of de Haan as soon as this season?

And once again, do we even know if de Haan was seriously considering remaining here?

And you might want to check out the article in The Athletic about how a total freak accident at a Sabres practice messed Kyle up in an unimaginable way. He was literally an all star for us before that happened. And in the article was a very interesting comment by one of his closest friends on just how much he loved and respected Kyle. After reading it I am convinced of this: if Kyle had stayed the catastrophe that befell this organization on July 1st never would've happend.

Tragedy aside, Kyle Okposo was never, ever at a level worth giving him 6 million per over 7 seasons! He never reached that height.

I'm sorry, but that would have been a terrible signing on Snow's behalf, even if it wouldn't have been the first - or last - he made.

And once again, HE wanted to move on.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
At the moment, I see it going down like this...

The team starts with the expected top 6 and sends Toews to BPort to start the season. He gets his game feet back and enjoys plenty of PP time.

Sbisa is the guy in the pressbox.

As soon as someone gets a little injury and misses a couple of games or needs a day off, Sbisa suits up.

If anyone gets in Barry's doghouse and he wants to send him a message, Sbisa is in the line-up.

If someone gets a more serious injury and is out of the line-up for an extended period of time, Toews comes up and immediately jumps into the top 6.

And he likely won't look back once he does.

Boychuck is bound to be out at some point.

Reactions: Islanders4Cups

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Calvin was a good Dman - our best defensive Dman last season and perhaps the season before.

He signed for a tick over 4.5 million for four years.

I don't know if Lou and co. offered him 4 million per, but let us not forget the following:
1) Due to his shoulder injury history, his contracts can no longer be insured. As such, when there's another injury, the team is on the books for his full salary one way or the other. Wrong of the NYI not to pony up either the dough OR the years in light of that?
2) Toews has been the heir apparent for de Haan for several years now. Will he, or Pelech for that matter, become the non-injury-prone version of de Haan as soon as this season?

And once again, do we even know if de Haan was seriously considering remaining here?

Tragedy aside, Kyle Okposo was never, ever at a level worth giving him 6 million per over 7 seasons! He never reached that height.

I'm sorry, but that would have been a terrible signing on Snow's behalf, even if it wouldn't have been the first - or last - he made.

And once again, HE wanted to move on.
The story about deHann has been reported in several places. They literally refused to match the contract he was offered by 500k a year. If they keep him and decide to have Toews take his spot they would at worst have an asset of good value with which they could trade. Instead they lost him for nothing (Which is another trend for this organization: losing their valuable players for nothing).

As for Kyle, he initially asked for $7 million as the start of would be negotiations in the July before his walk year. Garth responded by cutting off all negotiations and basically telling him to scram (And if that sounds familiar you're right: he did the exact same thing with CdH). And when Kyle left Garth went out and replaced him with Andrew Ladd for basically the same cost as keeping Kyle, which clearly was a total disaster. And as pointed out if Kyle stays (And he wanted to because he was happy here, as mentioned Garth basically told him to take a hike) the team doesn't end up getting flattened like a pancake this offseason.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Every move is met with chicken little outrage. Its ridiculous. Trotz knows what he's doing. Lou knows what he's doing. Chill out people. Our top 6 is excellent (Beauvillier looks great, 30 goals for sure). We have a banging 4th line, and a 3rd line that may be excellent defensively. Pulock is poised for a breakout season. Toews will make the team. We have a legendary goalie coach who should help our goalies get back to where they were when they had their best seasons. NOBODY is giving this team a chance. I think this team will be better than last year's. May not make the playoffs, but I can see them cutting the goals against by 50-75 goals due to having Trotz as a coach and Korn as a goalie coach.

Step away from the ledge ladies and gents, if anyone starts to tank, Lou will get rid of them. Hell, I even notice actual better defensive play, and actual effort out of Brock Nelson ! :eek:. It's gonna be a more enjoyable squad to watch than last year.
Found the bath salts! Scott had them!

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Looks like our roster is solidified then.

Beau-Barzal-Eberle
Lee-Nelson-Bailey
Filppula-Kovar-Komarov
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Kuhnhackl
*Ladd (IR?)

Leddy-Boychuk
Sbisa-Pulock
Hickey-Pelech
Aho/Mayfield

Lehner
Griess

The only thing possibly problematic is what happens when Ladd comes back. Who’s the odd man out then? Someone will have to get waived or sent down. To me though, icing this team means Ladd will be out long term. Also worth mentioning that Ross Johnston is on a one way contract. He’ll most likely start the year in Bridgeport but we could very possibly have 25 guys vying for 23 spots at some point this season.
And unless I'm missing some news (on vacation on Japan) no JHS either....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad