Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Random question hope someone can help me out on.

People are always saying "Ho-Sang has XX points in his last xx games" and so on. How can you view a prospect or AHLer's game log? I'd love to know a place I can see that information without having to go from box score to box score.

http://theahl.com/stats/player/6455/54/josh-ho-sang

If you open up a boxscore and click on the link to the player you can see a breakdown of all the games he played

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
They got a "Steel" in him. Sorry, too hard to pass up.

Seriously though, I'm stunned he went so late in the 1st. He's a premier talent.

I don't get to see many Canadian juniors other than at international tournaments played around Europe.

So when I saw Steel at the Ivan Hlinka, I was flabbergasted. I couldn't help but hope this organization would somehow grab him, maybe if we'd have a pick around 15-25.

The tools he's got... they were just so evident. For a week in Eastern Europe, he looked like one of those kids where you really don't worry too much about the actual production at any stage of junior, cause the tool set just screamed 'Looks like a future NHL impact player'.

I'm sure he ended up dropping in the draft rankings for good reason. Time will only tell if he makes it as many other factors ultimately play a role.

But there are things he's just got and WHL fans are getting a good taste of what they are.

Definitely one to watch moving forward!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Barzal with a goal(yes a goal) and assist in 2 periods so far. Would be nice if he can get 2 more points to become a 2 PPG player

IIlya4Life

Jun 6, 2014
Can we get Ilya Sorokin over this summer or next summer? BTW he is does not have playoff loss yet in KHL, round 2 for CSKA Moscow starts next Wednesday I believe

I was wondering the same thing, is there anyway we can offer his Russian team a buyout of next year and have him and greiss as our goalies? Would be a heck of a 1-2 punch.

Dump Burebe

Try to trade halak again in offseason, offer to pay half his contract.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
1. Do we still own his rights?
2. Does it even matter?

Pretty sure he's still Isles property and would become an RFA this year. Don't think it matters much though. Staple tweeted back when he went to the KHL again that he didn't believe Petrov would come back. I might be mis-remembering, but I think it was because he didn't want to play in the AHL.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/kirill-petrov

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
He should have been in the NHL when we signed him originally. You don't wait that long for Petrov to come over to treat him like a normal prospect. If he wasn't good enough then send him down, but he should've been up.

Why? He came to training camp and didn't make the team. Plus, who should have been scratched for him? In the beginning of the season last year we had:
Bailey-Tavares-Okposo
Lee-Nelson-Strome
Kulemon-Nielsen-Grabovski
Martin-Cizikas-Clutter

He could have been our 13th forward and been scratched until injury or get playing time in the AHL. He waited all of 13 games (only had 5 points) before he bolted. He clearly had no real commitment towards having a career here.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Why? He came to training camp and didn't make the team. Plus, who should have been scratched for him? In the beginning of the season last year we had:
Bailey-Tavares-Okposo
Lee-Nelson-Strome
Kulemon-Nielsen-Grabovski
Martin-Cizikas-Clutter

He could have been our 13th forward and been scratched until injury or get playing time in the AHL. He waited all of 13 games (only had 5 points) before he bolted. He clearly had no real commitment towards having a career here.

From what I recall he looked pretty decent in the preseason. There would've been no harm in having him start as the 13th forward due to Grabo's injuries and the more competition the better.

People go down with injuries and when you wait so long for Petrov to come over, you gotta give him a shot.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
From what I recall he looked pretty decent in the preseason. There would've been no harm in having him start as the 13th forward due to Grabo's injuries and the more competition the better.

People go down with injuries and when you wait so long for Petrov to come over, you gotta give him a shot.

Okposo went down with an injury and Petrov happened to be injured at that time so they called up someone else and he missed his chance. I understand the feeling that the situation was mishandled I just disagree. Everyone wants to talk about earning icetime and then thinks this guy should make the team so as not to "**** him off." I don't even think he really wanted to be here in the first place, there were rumors at that time that he used this little trip as a negotiating tactic with his KHL team. Its all in the past I guess, I just don't think he ever had done anything in his career to warrant the respect he thought he deserved. We weren't bringing over a Radulov/Panarin, we were bringing a 24 year old that had 15 points in 47 games the previous year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Okposo went down with an injury and Petrov happened to be injured at that time so they called up someone else and he missed his chance. I understand the feeling that the situation was mishandled I just disagree. Everyone wants to talk about earning icetime and then thinks this guy should make the team so as not to "**** him off." I don't even think he really wanted to be here in the first place, there were rumors at that time that he used this little trip as a negotiating tactic with his KHL team. Its all in the past I guess, I just don't think he ever had done anything in his career to warrant the respect he thought he deserved. We weren't bringing over a Radulov/Panarin, we were bringing a 24 year old that had 15 points in 47 games the previous year.

People only talk about earning ice time when it's advantageous to their position on a player. If they like them, they've earned the ice time so it should be given over an NHL regular (i.e. Pulock over Hickey). If they dislike the player, they didn't earn the ice time and that's the problem (i.e. Strait vs everyone). If the player they like didn't "earn" the ice time, then they talk about how they are so good they shouldn't have to. Most are very inconsistent on the topic and only use subjective criteria for answering whether or not someone has earned their time.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
People only talk about earning ice time when it's advantageous to their position on a player. If they like them, they've earned the ice time so it should be given over an NHL regular (i.e. Pulock over Hickey). If they dislike the player, they didn't earn the ice time and that's the problem (i.e. Strait vs everyone). If the player they like didn't "earn" the ice time, then they talk about how they are so good they shouldn't have to. Most are very inconsistent on the topic and only use subjective criteria for answering whether or not someone has earned their time.

"I'm open-minded to any idea I already believe in"

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

I just think when you invested in a pick back in 2008 and all of a sudden there is a shot of him playing in the NHL, he doesn't need to "earn" the ice time like a Thomas Hickey or Brian Strait should.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I just think when you invested in a pick back in 2008 and all of a sudden there is a shot of him playing in the NHL, he doesn't need to "earn" the ice time like a Thomas Hickey or Brian Strait should.

I'm not talking about anyone in particular, rather the use of the term ice time. I've seen so many people flip flop depending upon the player in question. It's all subjective.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Could Sorokin be loaned to the Isles from CSKA once their season ends? (already 5 games into the playoffs). I'm assuming there is zero motivation from CSKA to do that though.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I see Robbie Russo got called up for the Red Wings. I've only seen him play one or two times, but I recall him developing quite well at Notre Dame. Interested in seeing how he pans out.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
I see Robbie Russo got called up for the Red Wings. I've only seen him play one or two times, but I recall him developing quite well at Notre Dame. Interested in seeing how he pans out.

Always liked Russo never understood why he did not get a contract? On another note anyone see or know how Pokka has looked. I really thought he would have made it to the NHL by now.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Always liked Russo never understood why he did not get a contract? On another note anyone see or know how Pokka has looked. I really thought he would have made it to the NHL by now.

He missed some time due to being academically ineligible. Probably left a sour taste on someone who is a middling prospect at best.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010

I think it really just came down to a numbers game, and management decided he was too far down the depth chart to make the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad