Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
says he led his team in points this season as well as freshman and junior year and was named NCAA rookie of the year in 2013-14 season.

Not sure what that means though, in the grand scheme of things. Is that a legit hockey program or is he just the best player on a crap team?

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Not sure what that means though, in the grand scheme of things. Is that a legit hockey program or is he just the best player on a crap team?

Legit prospects sign NHL deals, so no this guy is probably nothing special.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

He also led the team in scoring his senior year as well (so basically every year except his sophomore year). Sacred Heart is an okay program, probably a bit on the upswing, but don't have the amount of financial support and name recognition as a two more recent programs who have broken out in D1 (Penn State & UCONN). They play in the Atlantic Hockey association against teams like Canisus (Corey Conacher), RIT (Chris Tanev), Bentley, etc.

He's more than likely a career minor leaguer.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
not sure if dobber is considered legit, but...

Barzal ranked 11th, and considered an offensive player.
Beauvillier ranked 19th, and considered an offensive player. i would have him as a two-way...
JHS ranked 30th, and considered offensive. given his solid performances so far, i see him rising.

if all 3 are considered to be top 20, i would be very happy. time to get these kids some serious experience!

of note: Quine @ 64. MDC @ 77. Verhaeghe @ 199.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-...top-200-fantasy-prospect-forwards-march-2017/

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
says he led his team in points this season as well as freshman and junior year and was named NCAA rookie of the year in 2013-14 season.

Candidate for an AHL 17-18 deal if he impresses. Sacred Heart has never produced a regular AHL player and has only had a handful of guys who stuck with pro hockey in the ECHL level over the years.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
not sure if dobber is considered legit, but...

Barzal ranked 11th, and considered an offensive player.
Beauvillier ranked 19th, and considered an offensive player. i would have him as a two-way...
JHS ranked 30th, and considered offensive. given his solid performances so far, i see him rising.

if all 3 are considered to be top 20, i would be very happy. time to get these kids some serious experience!

of note: Quine @ 64. MDC @ 77. Verhaeghe @ 199.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-...top-200-fantasy-prospect-forwards-march-2017/

The list appears to count the usual suspects as one would expect for such a compilation, however, the credibility takes a bit of a hit for me with Jimmy "Old Man" Vesey ranked so high. After his quick start, he has regressed significantly and has been next to worthless since the calendar flipped to 2017. Unless he adds significant strength ASAP, he looks like a man-child who beat up on teens in college. That said, it is always nice to look at any such list for comp purposes.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Any of our Russian friends have any input on what's going on with Sorokin ? Seems like Fasth is playing most of the games in round 2 of the playoffs, and Sorokin dodn't even dress for the game today as a backup (a 2-1 loss, CSKA now down 3 games to 2 in the 2nd round of the playoffs).

I wonder if he's hurt. If he's not, I wonder if there is any friction between him and the team ? Maybe he can come over a year early (get his contract terminated ) ? Might be reading too much into this, have no idea what the situation is.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Any of our Russian friends have any input on what's going on with Sorokin ? Seems like Fasth is playing most of the games in round 2 of the playoffs, and Sorokin dodn't even dress for the game today as a backup (a 2-1 loss, CSKA now down 3 games to 2 in the 2nd round of the playoffs).

I wonder if he's hurt. If he's not, I wonder if there is any friction between him and the team ? Maybe he can come over a year early (get his contract terminated ) ? Might be reading too much into this, have no idea what the situation is.

Sorokin played first two games in the second round, not too good though, that's why they tried Fasth (not too successfully either), probably Sorokin would've be starting yesterday, but he got sick.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Sorokin played first two games in the second round, not too good though, that's why they tried Fasth (not too successfully either), probably Sorokin would've be starting yesterday, but he got sick.
Thanks for the info Caser, much appreciated.

Regards,
Scott

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
The list appears to count the usual suspects as one would expect for such a compilation, however, the credibility takes a bit of a hit for me with Jimmy "Old Man" Vesey ranked so high. After his quick start, he has regressed significantly and has been next to worthless since the calendar flipped to 2017. Unless he adds significant strength ASAP, he looks like a man-child who beat up on teens in college. That said, it is always nice to look at any such list for comp purposes.

yeah, dobber's lists are heavily influenced by fantasy values, which obviously is not all encompassing.

still, i like seeing our boys up there...

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Hopefully he recovers from the mumps quick. Another playoff run when he's the main man could be beneficial.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Linus Söderström is playing pretty great in the playoffs right now. Being 1# on a SHL team as a 20 year old is pretty special.

Regular season stats: 22 games, 1.34 gaa, 94.3% svs%

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Linus Söderström is playing pretty great in the playoffs right now. Being 1# on a SHL team as a 20 year old is pretty special.

Regular season stats: 22 games, 1.34 gaa, 94.3% svs%

Between him and Sorokin I hope we hit the lottery with one of them. His team needs a franchise goalie bad.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Between him and Sorokin I hope we hit the lottery with one of them. His team needs a franchise goalie bad.

Honestly, I think we hit on both of them. After next season they will both be in North America fighting for the backup job. After one season in North America one of them will be ready and Greiss' contract will be up. Perfect timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad