Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
So with the Signing of Johnston & Kovar today another 2 forwards are added to the big club. But what does these signing say for the youngsters? I think Trotz is smart enough to say, if for example Josh Ho-Sang is a better player and is more responsible now over say Leo Komarov, hopefully Trotz plays JHS. At the same time, all of these signings provide a problem for some younger guys like JHS or Bellows to possibly crack some NHL ice time to prove themselves. I think a somewhat similar story can be said for the D corp. We have Mayfield, Pelech and Hickey on long-term deals, but what about Aho, Toews and MVS? I think when the young guys are ready to play, they should be playing even if its in December. But these older players coming in/re-signing can cause a log jam for the younger kids. What do you guys think? Should we stick with the vets or let the younger pipeline kids play?

i hope that LL has an eye to the expansion draft, ergo the 'stifling' of the youngsters. i think he is smart enough to not leave some really good asset exposed. after the draft, we are full speed ahead.

not saying, just guessing.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
i hope that LL has an eye to the expansion draft, ergo the 'stifling' of the youngsters. i think he is smart enough to not leave some really good asset exposed. after the draft, we are full speed ahead.

not saying, just guessing.

We should have no issues with the expansion draft. Seattle will be choosing from our crap and Lou will not be kissing the ring like Snow did to McPhee.

Reactions: dood

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
You would be my top choice to be a mod actually. Sorry @YearlyLottery.
BahJ9_d.jpg

Number one, I order you to take a number two.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
We should have no issues with the expansion draft. Seattle will be choosing from our crap and Lou will not be kissing the ring like Snow did to McPhee.

Won't we still have to protect Ladd and Boychuk?

All of a sudden, spots fill up fairly quick - Barzal, Beauvillier, Ho-Sang, Pulock

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Won't we still have to protect Ladd and Boychuk?

All of a sudden, spots fill up fairly quick - Barzal, Beauvillier, Ho-Sang, Pulock

We will have no NMC's by the expansion draft, we are not forced to protect anyone. Ladd and Boychuk can and will likely be exposed.

Like I said, Seattle can choose from our crap.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Ladd's NMC expired this summer, so we won't have to worry about him. Boychuk's expires next summer, but possibly not until after the expansion draft so we may have to protect him still.

At least Boychuk feels worthy of protection. We should pray to the high heavens that Seattle brings in Ladd as their Neal

Reactions: Macch

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Ugh....I forgot about that. We lost a first and second round draft pick just so we could protect CdH and Nelson. Are you f***ing kidding me?

Isles Drive For 5

Aug 20, 2014
I remember last week at some point, someone in either this thread (can’t find it, which is why i’m posting) or another, was talking about one of the interviews that Lou did. I remember this person saying that Lou had some good things to say about Robin. I wasn’t sure if the poster was referencing Lehrner, or Salo. Anybody happen to know which player Lou was complementing? If Salo, that would be nice, because having another high quality defensive prospect would really help us in the long run. I’m doubtful that he was referring to him though. After all, didn’t he just come off a disappointing season in the league he was playing in? Anyway, just curious.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I remember last week at some point, someone in either this thread (can’t find it, which is why i’m posting) or another, was talking about one of the interviews that Lou did. I remember this person saying that Lou had some good things to say about Robin. I wasn’t sure if the poster was referencing Lehrner, or Salo. Anybody happen to know which player Lou was complementing? If Salo, that would be nice, because having another high quality defensive prospect would really help us in the long run. I’m doubtful that he was referring to him though. After all, didn’t he just come off a disappointing season in the league he was playing in? Anyway, just curious.

I believe that was Lehner.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

bioman22

Jun 29, 2009
He was referring to Lehner

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I'm hoping and praying Soderstrom hits the ground running to start the AHL season.

As much as I believe Lehner will do a good job I want to see some actual hope and stability.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Almost forget just how sick this kids release is. He flicks his wrist and the puck gets wired top shelf.
After years of getting pure playmakers and pass first guys it’s nice to have 2 young Goal scorers in Bellows and Wahlstrom.

The American Snipers!!!

Maybe MDC will feel motivated to work harder to gain strength and improve his skating now and finally become a viable NHL player? OK, maybe not, but we can dare to dream.

I would have thought that seeing Bernier trapped in the AHL alongside him, another player who didn't work hard enough to take his game to the next level, might have gotten him going. But I guess not.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I was just perusing the trade board and I saw a thread proposal that involved Marner + Liligren + a 1st for Pieterangelo. That trade is stupid and not really the point but it underscores how valuable legit top pairing defenseman are - especially RHDs. Just makes me even more happy that we have Dobson in the pipeline - especially considering he's the value we got for Hamonic. There's no guarantee of anything obviously, but considering his potential ceiling, we may have just stepped in sh!t. He could be the kind of guy that you simply aren't able to trade for or otherwise acquire - they're just not available other than being homegrown.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I was just perusing the trade board and I saw a thread proposal that involved Marner + Liligren + a 1st for Pieterangelo. That trade is stupid and not really the point but it underscores how valuable legit top pairing defenseman are - especially RHDs. Just makes me even more happy that we have Dobson in the pipeline - especially considering he's the value we got for Hamonic. There's no guarantee of anything obviously, but considering his potential ceiling, we may have just stepped in sh!t. He could be the kind of guy that you simply aren't able to trade for or otherwise acquire - they're just not available other than being homegrown.

Exactly, the positional value of a big, swift, and skilled RD is through the roof. Probably the 2nd most valuable commodity in the league behind a star #1C.

If Wilde turns into a player, we could have 3 young high end RD's. Dobson, Pulock, and Wilde could be a devastating RD group.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Exactly, the positional value of a big, swift, and skilled RD is through the roof. Probably the 2nd most valuable commodity in the league behind a star #1C.

If Wilde turns into a player, we could have 3 young high end RD's. Dobson, Pulock, and Wilde could be a devastating RD group.

I'll take this blue line in 2020....

Leddy - Dobson
Pelech - Pulock
Toews - Wilde/Boychuk

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
That Bellows video makes me think Jim Burt on skates. But hey, maybe that works. Jim Burt was always a lot more effective than he looked.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Ironically, even if Bellows made it to the roster this season and would, in many ways, be completely overwhelmed from the NHL game, I think his shot alone and propensity to take it would pot him 15-20 goals. He's got that innate sniping ability and likes to release with regularity.

It would be FANTASTIC if he and Wahlstrom basically became a sniping tag-team (perhaps on different lines), much like having a Brock Boeser type on each side.

When does training camp start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad