Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Is Bode Wilde going back to Juniors? or is he going to play college hockey?

That was one of his “issues” and reasons why he fell so late in the draft.

But from what I understand he’s going to the NCAA which I don’t like. I’d prefer him in JRs playing more games and minutes.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Really? Where did you hear that?

That’s great news! Wilde can be a real stud D man. Think of hamonic in his prime but on a teroids and a better shot.
“Just in terms of learning to be a pro and playing a pro schedule, I think juniors is really going to be the right move,” Wilde said. “I was a lot more anxious than I was excited to go to college. So I’m a lot happier now playing juniors.”

Wilde is a wild one for Islanders

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
That was one of his “issues” and reasons why he fell so late in the draft.

But from what I understand he’s going to the NCAA which I don’t like. I’d prefer him in JRs playing more games and minutes.

It’s known that he will go to the OHL to play with Fellow isles draft pick and USDP teammate Blade Jenkins in Saginaw

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
I mean if he isn’t a good student better to just focus on the thing he is passionate about and try and make it work. Risky but probably the best move for Wilde. By his own admission academics would just distract him

Also, Wilde is a Canadian citizen.

If you play in juniors as a Canadian you get tuition costs paid for after 4 years of juniors (99% sure that’s true)

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
I was at the 2015 draft when barzal and AB were drafted in sunrise FL at the BB&T center.

I was not happy that we gave up on reinhart so quickly. Wow was I wrong. Thank you barzal / snow!. One of snows best moves to make up for a crap top draft pick.

Other than that, to be honest I have been very on point at the draft. I wanted no part of dal colle, I wanted no part strome. Dal colle / strome all have 1 thing in common. weak skaters!!! Why would you want skating as a weakness from a high pick in the new NHL? Big fail. Pat myself on the back.
I only started watching Reinhart after draft and felt he was a miss just didnt see the wow factor. MDC same thing where i did not see anything . Barzal was the opposite, I watched and seen alot of wow in his game in juniors just wanted him to shoot more. JHS i also see what i look for in a player, was concerned
how he was handled before being sent down so with new group i expect a player here as well

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
did anyone catch a glimpse of Yannick Rathgeb during rook camp/scrimmage ?

first impressions ?

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
did anyone catch a glimpse of Yannick Rathgeb during rook camp/scrimmage ?

first impressions ?

Very impressed. One of the standout players from the entire scrimmage. Looking forward to see how he does in BP

Reactions: dood

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Are we doing the top 25 prospect poll this year? With our cabinet depth it'll be interesting to see what the consensus picks.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
So with the Signing of Johnston & Kovar today another 2 forwards are added to the big club. But what does these signing say for the youngsters? I think Trotz is smart enough to say, if for example Josh Ho-Sang is a better player and is more responsible now over say Leo Komarov, hopefully Trotz plays JHS. At the same time, all of these signings provide a problem for some younger guys like JHS or Bellows to possibly crack some NHL ice time to prove themselves. I think a somewhat similar story can be said for the D corp. We have Mayfield, Pelech and Hickey on long-term deals, but what about Aho, Toews and MVS? I think when the young guys are ready to play, they should be playing even if its in December. But these older players coming in/re-signing can cause a log jam for the younger kids. What do you guys think? Should we stick with the vets or let the younger pipeline kids play?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
So with the Signing of Johnston & Kovar today another 2 forwards are added to the big club. But what does these signing say for the youngsters? I think Trotz is smart enough to say, if for example Josh Ho-Sang is a better player and is more responsible now over say Leo Komarov, hopefully Trotz plays JHS. At the same time, all of these signings provide a problem for some younger guys like JHS or Bellows to possibly crack some NHL ice time to prove themselves. I think a somewhat similar story can be said for the D corp. We have Mayfield, Pelech and Hickey on long-term deals, but what about Aho, Toews and MVS? I think when the young guys are ready to play, they should be playing even if its in December. But these older players coming in/re-signing can cause a log jam for the younger kids. What do you guys think? Should we stick with the vets or let the younger pipeline kids play?

There could still be trades coming and injuries happen. Last year, Aho saw 20+ NHL games last year when no one was expecting him to even sniff a call up.

Also, I think Johnston and Kuhnhackl could very well be waived, and a guy like Filppula could start the season in the pressbox. Hint; he’s not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad