Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Anyone think Dobson gets 9 games?
I wouldn't be surprised. He's a very mature kid already, and is an excellent skater, who makes smart defensive plays. That being said, he'd have to have a remarkable camp to beat out Toews and Aho.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised. He's a very mature kid already, and is an excellent skater, who makes smart defensive plays. That being said, he'd have to have a remarkable camp to beat out Toews and Aho.
Plus Rathgeb may be ahead of him as a RH D who is 4 years older and has played with men.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
WJC Summer Showcase prelims start tonight. Sweden Vs USA Blue, not televised anywhere though. I think once the games start, NHL Network is carrying them though.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

I'd be shocked if Dobson gets 9 games. We're too saturated with defensemen: Leddy, Boychuk, Hickey, Pulock, Pelech, Mayfield as NHL players with guys like Rathgeb, Toews, MVS, Wotherspoon, Quenneville badly wanting to make the jump to the NHL.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Mirageas may be one of our more underrated prospects. And if by chance we end up with Hughes, he's obviously got a history with Wahlstrom.
Mirageas has great wheels, so even if he winds up being JUST a shutdown defenseman, he can get the puck out of the defensive zone fast. Anyone know the results of the game between USA and Finland ? Was Salo on Finland's team ? Did Wahlstrom do any damage ?

I noticed it was the Farabee-Hughs-Wahlstrom line being mentioned. They'd be crazy to break up that line come December at the WJC.

Reactions: SI90

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Mirageas may be one of our more underrated prospects. And if by chance we end up with Hughes, he's obviously got a history with Wahlstrom.

Mirageas stats actually look decent(especially if you compare them to Quinn Hughes), my only fear watching youtube clips of him is his shot seems weak

That shot looks like it may work in College but that is not an NHL level shot. All that beign said I do think Mirageas has jumped a few guys on our top prospect list.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Mirageas stats actually look decent(especially if you compare them to Quinn Hughes), my only fear watching youtube clips of him is his shot seems weak

That shot looks like it may work in College but that is not an NHL level shot. All that beign said I do think Mirageas has jumped a few guys on our top prospect list.

You're right, he had an excellent freshman season.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Mirageas' shot looks like he's not even trying. But he obviously has good accuracy. Likely something that could be worked on, but if he shoots well, it's not as important that he shoots hard.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Mirageas' shot looks like he's not even trying. But he obviously has good accuracy. Likely something that could be worked on, but if he shoots well, it's not as important that he shoots hard.
Yeah. Most point shot goals are screens, so in a way it's almost more important to get a shot through the block and on net than it is to have a cannon of a shot. Although, I'll take Pulock's shot since we have it. ;)

Reactions: dood

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

Really? Dobson is awfully skinny I'm worried about how he would be playing against men.

Mavericknyc1980

Jul 14, 2006

Sleeper, might not be a hard shot but it sure is quick

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Mirageas’ shot is fine.

It’s quicker than Hickey’s is and gets through traffic better than Hamonic’s did.

Reactions: Frankie41987

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

And he'd have to be signed to his ELC.

The 9 game trial would simply be about avoiding burning off the first year of the ELC.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If this doesn’t make you excited I don’t know what will.

“ CAN #2 LD Noah Dobson (NYI, 12, 18) - Playing on his off-side, he easily looked like Canada Red's best defender tonight, as he was a force on both sides of the puck. A really great skater with a long lengthy powerful stride who can take off quickly and didn't hesitate to join the rush. Looked like a fourth forward on some shifts and picked his spots really nicely. Great puck protection ability along the wall and in the corners made him a useful addition to the cycle. Showed off a great shot from the point but can also lead the play with his passes too. Defensive game was nothing to sneeze at, as he was a menacing presence in the corners and won most of his one-on-one battles. Got caught reaching on Jack Hughes more than once. Other than that, he was physical and decently reliable in his own zone. Fairly dependable in a first pairing role and versatile enough to be used in all situations.“

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland

“ CAN #2 LD Noah Dobson (NYI, 12, 18) - Playing on his off-side, he easily looked like Canada Red's best defender tonight, as he was a force on both sides of the puck. A really great skater with a long lengthy powerful stride who can take off quickly and didn't hesitate to join the rush. Looked like a fourth forward on some shifts and picked his spots really nicely. Great puck protection ability along the wall and in the corners made him a useful addition to the cycle. Showed off a great shot from the point but can also lead the play with his passes too. Defensive game was nothing to sneeze at, as he was a menacing presence in the corners and won most of his one-on-one battles. Got caught reaching on Jack Hughes more than once. Other than that, he was physical and decently reliable in his own zone. Fairly dependable in a first pairing role and versatile enough to be used in all situations.“
Hopefully they finally got there Kenny Jonson. A defenseman who is a great skater but excels playing both ways.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

I found out that Dobson played LD for his entire first season at ABT. He switched over to RD this past season. It's in one of his combine videos. That makes me feel even better about getting him, not surprising considering he's so intelligent. Reminds me of a bit of CdH in that regard.

He's going to be the #1RD for Team Canada, it's his spot to lose. Seems like he's carrying the puck well so he's not afraid to be the puck dominant d-man for the top pairing. He's going up against Hughes brothers, holding his own. It's going to be a fun year to watch the WJC.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I found out that Dobson played LD for his entire first season at ABT. He switched over to RD this past season. It's in one of his combine videos. That makes me feel even better about getting him, not surprising considering he's so intelligent. Reminds me of a bit of CdH in that regard.

He's going to be the #1RD for Team Canada, it's his spot to lose. Seems like he's carrying the puck well so he's not afraid to be the puck dominant d-man for the top pairing. He's going up against Hughes brothers, holding his own. It's going to be a fun year to watch the WJC.

Shows is versatility and high IQ. Love it.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

I have no idea what you are worried about after watching that video. Potvin rarely used a slap shot from the point either. It looked fine to me.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I have no idea what you are worried about after watching that video. Potvin rarely used a slap shot from the point either. It looked fine to me.
After watching Pulock shoot some people get spoiled. Not everyone has a 100 mph rocket. Having a quick accurate shot is just as effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad