Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
That looked horrifying....I just hope he can recover enough to live a healthy life, who cares about hockey after that.
He probably does. Would suck to see such a talented kid lose out on potential money and fame over such a nasty hit.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
That was a clean hit too. Brutal.
I hate to say it, but yea, wasn't especially dirty. Just really hard hitting.

Assuming Ish. recovers and continues to play hockey, I am sure he will learn a few things about zone entry from this episode

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Do top end CHL defenseman score at above PPG clip typically? I didn't realize that.

As his team isn't that great as Scott pointed out, more than anything, I just want to see him put on some muscle. And get top pairing duties in the WJC.

Yes, some do (more exception than the norm of course). Maybe his production will improve when he’s traded.

How has he looked defensively?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
doesnt this just feel like typical islanders luck :(

Poor guy looked so good in his first game, then this

WTF, I know.

Sheesh. Hope this doesn’t derail his development, I was excited about him. Hope he’s on the mend.

His puck carrying opens him up to these.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I hear he was moving all his extremities, so probably just a bad concussion. Hopefully the first and only of his career.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Hope the kid is alright in the end.

He literally put himself on the trolley tracks. You don't cut to that area of the ice with your head down.

Reactions: Hagstrom

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Looked nasty but a clean hit. He was simply too small and needs to start looking up

Cutting to the middle one on three is a bad hockey play that not even Eric Lindros got away with.

Man, I hope he's alright, and never ever does that again. (This is another reason why I take people calling players "perimeter players" with a grain of salt. He's got to chip and go middle or carry to the outside there.)

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Hope the kid is alright in the end.

He literally put himself on the trolley tracks. You don't cut to that area of the ice with your head down.

Truly awful, but yes... Hockey 101 - have to keep your head up in that situation

Reactions: Hagstrom

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018

Well some good news

Hopefully his parents were kept in the loop. Gotta be scary finding out your kid was severely injured halfway across the world.

I love Ish’s game (when he isn’t skating headdown into center ice) so I will be hoping for a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad