Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Hopefully his parents were kept in the loop. Gotta be scary finding out your kid was severely injured halfway across the world.
I thought of that too. I hope they didn't see the video before getting a positive report.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
think this kid is on the Uconn campus trying to get extra attention from the female students now? Just saying...

Americans have been in bed with Russians long before Ishkakov came to UCONN.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
So far Sorokin's stats this season has been wholly underwhelming.

12 games, 1 shutout, 918 sv % (good for 20th in the league)

For comparison, CSKA's other goaltender Lars Johansson

8 games, 4 shutouts, 964 sv % (1st in league)

If those trends continue, Sorokin is going to lose more and more playing time to Johansson. One positive out of this may be that it becomes the impetus for him to come overseas. Then at least we can see what we have.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
That Ruslan hit looked career changing. I hope he recovers, he got fully bull dozed ... hopefully he is ok and this winds up being a lesson that motivates him to change his game/style so he can have a successful carer.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
I'm hoping DalColle can carve out a Brett Connolly career. Drafted by Tampa Bay high out of junior for being a deadly scorer, never put it together, turned out to be a solid bottom 6 now with Washington that contributes a little offense. Probably not likely, but it's the only path I see left for him.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007

That's kinda strange. As far as I know, Isles can't legally help him out of the deal (legally is the key word here I guess), so any buyout would be between Sorokin and the team only, but I don't know why they'd just let him go... unless he got so bad that they'd be better off cutting bait.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
That's kinda strange. As far as I know, Isles can't legally help him out of the deal (legally is the key word here I guess), so any buyout would be between Sorokin and the team only, but I don't know why they'd just let him go... unless he got so bad that they'd be better off cutting bait.

Isles can't approach the team with a buyout offer, but it doesn't stop them from wiring money to him and he uses it to pay out his contract.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Dobson’s Titan aren’t looking to good a year removed from winning the memorial cup. Can’t wait until he’s in the WJC.

Last edited:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Dobson’s Titan aren’t looking to good s year removed from winning the memorial cup. Can’t wait into he’s in the WJC.

I think it's gotta be awkward to know that he's already been traded and it won't happen for like 2 months. He's also the new Captain.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I think it's gotta be awkward to know that he's already been traded and it won't happen for like 2 months. He's also the new Captain.

He picked up an assist on his teams only goal thus far. They’re losing 5-1 with 10 min to go in the game. They’re coming off of being shutout 6-0

Bode Wilde with 2 more assists tonight. His team trails 4-3 with about 10 to go as well.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Bode Wilde didn’t play tonight. Saginaw wins 6-0 Jenkins with an assist

Wilde was injured last game. Haven’t seen any updates on his status.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
What’s the deal with Dobson ? And the trade? They have one in agreement?

Yes but the rules are a player can’t be officially traded until the school semester is over.

Right now there is an agreement in place to trade him to chicoutimi when the trade period opens.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Yes but the rules are a player can’t be officially traded until the school semester is over.

Right now there is an agreement in place to trade him to chicoutimi when the trade period opens.
That’s brutal, why hang that over a team much less a player for so long?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Interesting.
I know there have been rumors in the press about the isles having interest in Columbus' Bob, but I would like to see what Sorokin can do at the nhl level before heavily investing in a high price,ufa goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->