GDT: Islanders Training Camp 2020-21 Season

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Do we have any explanation as to why Timashov’s contract hasn’t been announced/he hasn’t practiced? Part of me thinks the plan for the third line was Bellows/Pageau/Timashov, but for some reason he hasn’t practiced

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Insane. Still think Aho starts with the team, but Bolduc might have the inside track because of his size here in the long run. Probably makes more sense to have him keep playing games in Bridgeport instead of wasting away on the bench, but awesome to see what coach thinks of his progression. Long term, we’re probably looking at:

Keep?

The next one will be his first one.;)

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
sorry, I meant Bolduc might have the edge in the long run because of his size. They like big guys that can skate well, and pretty soon they’ll have 3 in Dobson, Wilde, and Bolduc on the roster
Ah ok.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Also wondering now if a plan for the offseason might be to shed Leddy's cap and go Pelech/Pulock, Bolduc/Dobson, Aho/Mayfield next year. Having a year away from Boychuk could possibly do some positive things for Leddy's trade value

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Looks like the team is listing Dobson at 6'4, 195 after this year's physicals. Seems like he's starting to fill out a bit - could've sworn they had him listed at 180 last season

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Also wondering now if a plan for the offseason might be to shed Leddy's cap and go Pelech/Pulock, Bolduc/Dobson, Aho/Mayfield next year. Having a year away from Boychuk could possibly do some positive things for Leddy's trade value

You would have to think Leddy wants to stay and they’d really want him to but he’s going to have to take a massive discount for that

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
You would have to think Leddy wants to stay and they’d really want him to but he’s going to have to take a massive discount for that

Yeah, I think he's got another year after this as well. So either he plays out his contract and walks, or plays this year and is dealt in the offseason and replaced with Aho for cap reasons

Leafslet

Oct 19, 2011
TO
can someone explain to me the komorov situation?

someone mentioned that he is being sent through waivers to save money, but that wouldn’t save much money, and then I read another poster say he’s likely to be on the taxi squad? does the taxi squad not count against the cap then?

JZCislesHockey

Jul 29, 2013
Long Island, NY

someone mentioned that he is being sent through waivers to save money, but that wouldn’t save much money, and then I read another poster say he’s likely to be on the taxi squad? does the taxi squad not count against the cap then?

Taxi squad players count against the cap the same way that a guy buried in the AHL does.

Reactions: Leafslet

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

The taxi squad works like if a player was in the AHL. Basically if you send a player down they need to go through waivers and if a player is ont he Taxi squad, the first 1.075M of their salary doesn't count towards the cap

Arsenalogist24

Dec 10, 2013
Great to hear such praise on Bolduc today. I don’t see him playing much this year with the Isles but good to know we have another one on the way.

Ultimately I think we need to do better with cashing in on one or some of these young D especially since we’ve been struggling with drafting and signing scorers. Toews for the 2 2nd’s was a tough one to swallow especially for a team in win now mode

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad