GDT: Islanders Training Camp 2020-21 Season

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Its just odd, Uncle Leo waived and cleared yet on roster? I understand to maximize LTIR but then why the waiver. And where's Timashov ?

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Its just odd, Uncle Leo waived and cleared yet on roster? I understand to maximize LTIR but then why the waiver. And where's Timashov ?
LL was hoping he would be grabbed. He was not, so now on roster until tomorrow for cap reasons.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal

Some surprises. Bellows appeared to have a job with the 23-man roster. And I expected Bolduc to be at least in the taxi squad after hearing Trotz's comments. And Skarek instead of Schneider is another surprise. Once Timashov clears the waivers, he will be added to the taxi squad.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Some surprises. Bellows appeared to have a job with the 23-man roster. And I expected Bolduc to be at least in the taxi squad after hearing Trotz's comments. And Skarek instead of Schneider is another surprise. Once Timashov clears the waivers, he will be added to the taxi squad.

This is a paper transaction to some extent to get us the most cap room. Fully expect bellows to be called back up tomorrow. but then again what do I know.

Reactions: xIsle

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
I believe Skarek is only a formality, LL said the Schneider contract will be finalized soon

Reactions: xIsle

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Schneider will be on the taxi squad once signed and Skarek moved down. With Komarov, Hickey and Timashov all waived they are all going to taxi probably, with Bellows moving up.
Taxi squad will then be: Komarov, Hickey, Czarnik, Koivula, Timashov, Schneider

Ladd is going to Bridgeport.
Dal Colle on IR for now. I suppose we will see a lot of these lesser paid players rotating the IR to keep us cap compliant and give everyone a run out.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I know Staple said once they announce the rosters, there will be moves made that make no sense and are merely paper moves. But didn't Trotz say that Bellows earned himself a spot on the team?

Doesn't your first sentence answer your question?

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Right now we have 17 forwards, 8 defensemen, and 3 goalies on the main roster, IR, and taxi squad for 28 players total.

My understanding is that once Timashov clears and Schneider signs, both will be added to taxi squad and Skarek sent down.

Then Wahlstrom, Bellows, Komarov, Koivula, Czarnik, Hickey, and Timashov will be moved up and down between taxi squad and the main roster.

If my understanding of the rules is correct, Wahlstrom, Bellows, and Koivula can be moved without limit due to them being waiver-exempt, while Komarov, Czarnik, Hickey, and Timashov can be moved for certain amount of days/games due to them clearing waivers already.

Hence, the main roster (23 players) will look like this:

Lee – Barzal – Eberle
Beau – Nelson – Bailey
Pageau with 2 out of Johnston/MDC/Bellows/Wahlstrom/Komarov
Martin – Cizikas – Clutterbuck
2 out of Johnston/MDC/Bellows/Wahlstrom/Komarov as 13th and 14th forwards

Pelech – Pullock
Leddy – Mayfield
Greene – Dobson
Aho

Varlamov
Sorokin

Taxi squad:

1 of Bellows/Wahlstrom/Komarov
Koivula
Czarnik
Timashov
Hickey
Schneider

Not sure where Kuhnhackl fits in this picture.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Not sure where Kuhnhackl fits in this picture.
My guess is Koivula will go to the AHL when Kuhnackl is signed, if not sooner. He likely was only there so MDC could be on IR and still make the minimum 4 players for the taxi squad. Though, it could've been someone else who was only on the taxi for that purpose; Koivula is just my guess because he needs playing time to develop and likely won't see much on the taxi squad.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
My guess is Koivula will go to the AHL when Kuhnackl is signed, if not sooner. He likely was only there so MDC could be on IR and still make the minimum 4 players for the taxi squad. Though, it could've been someone else who was only on the taxi for that purpose; Koivula is just my guess because he needs playing time to develop and likely won't see much on the taxi squad.
Timashov cleared and then was sent down to AHL. So, they are keeping a roster place for Kuhnhackl I guess.

Reactions: Seph

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Hawks fan coming in peace for info. I’m looking for a sneaky goalie pick in my fantasy league and Sorokin would be great for it if he ends up getting 50% of the starts. Is that likely in your opinion?

Time for a brag disguised in an unsollicited update on my salary cap fantasy league in which I rolled the dice on Sorokin as he was a cheap goalie option. He allowed me to load my forwards and defensemen with more expensive options and I will finish 1st out of 43 participants thanks to his more than decent contribution. I'm now a fan of Ilya haha!

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Time for a brag disguised in an unsollicited update on my salary cap fantasy league in which I rolled the dice on Sorokin as he was a cheap goalie option. He allowed me to load my forwards and defensemen with more expensive options and I will finish 1st out of 43 participants thanks to his more than decent contribution. I'm now a fan of Ilya haha!

Congrats man, Sorokin was a major boom for you!

Is it a keeper league? Do you get keep him for cheap next season?

Reactions: LavalPhantom

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Congrats man, Sorokin was a major boom for you!

Is it a keeper league? Do you get keep him for cheap next season?
Thanks!

No I don’t, and he will be more expensive next year as the pool doesn’t follow real salaries but determine them based on the expected number of points the goalie will generate. Sorokin was forecasted as the 3rd goalie for some reason so it was a flaw I could only exploit once.

Reactions: PWJunior

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

that’s great that you’re now a fan of his because according to Dreger he’s being traded to your Blackhawks!

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
that’s great that you’re now a fan of his because according to Dreger he’s being traded to your Blackhawks!
Haha yes! Well that’s actually the reason why I had made research on him before the season. Too bad it didn’t happen! Looks like you got a good one in him!

Reactions: SI90

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I actually remembered you asking about this way back during training camp, lol. I just read this post and thought, "wasn't that the Hawks fan"...and sure enough.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->