Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part III

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I bought it. North lot behind the track for $25 a game.

Same, I'm sure it's not much of a discount, but if I'll be buying the pass anyway, may as well get whatever discount there is. I think @Bones45 posted the speculative prices without the pass but I forget - was it $30 for the North lot?

Reactions: MJF

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Anyone purchase the season parking pass? Parking isn’t going to be cheap. Wonder how expensive it will be if we don’t buy the discounted parking?
I don’t think I was given the option to purchase parking or not. It was just part of it.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Same, I'm sure it's not much of a discount, but if I'll be buying the pass anyway, may as well get whatever discount there is. I think @Bones45 posted the speculative prices without the pass but I forget - was it $30 for the North lot?
I really was expecting them to charge $40 to park.

I realized even if it isn’t much of a discount $25 is going to be cheaper than Uber/Lyft. Especially after a game and they charge surge pricing.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Was looking at some other forums and people complaining that they can't even give their seats away. Do you guys think most people renew, or do they blow through the waiting list this off season?

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Was looking at some other forums and people complaining that they can't even give their seats away. Do you guys think most people renew, or do they blow through the waiting list this off season?

A winning team changes a lot. It has been hard to sell games this year for sure.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I'm mostly curious because a decent amount of my friends are not renewing, as they can't give the seats away. The team boasted a huge waiting list and I feel like they are going to blow through it quickly. Quite a few folks I know that make most games are dropping them to buy a few minutes before the game. The days of having season tickets and seeing the same people every game are sadly coming to a close. If you're playing the long game, it looks like overpaying for playoff tickets and picking up the regular season for less is the more cost effective option.

A winning team changes a lot. It has been hard to sell games this year for sure.
They are winning now. The crowd the other night looked like Barclays.

Covid and the constantly shifting schedule hasn't helped, either.
That was just a few games. People lost interest before the postponements.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
I’m having trouble moving seat this year I mostly blame the teams record and place in the standings.

another issue is many of the guys I sold tickets to purchased season tickets this year at new arena.

I think I’m going to renew baring a price increase.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I’m having trouble moving seat this year I mostly blame the teams record and place in the standings.

another issue is many of the guys I sold tickets to purchased season tickets this year at new arena.

I think I’m going to renew baring a price increase.
Where are your seats?

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
next year attendance is going to plummet, I am guessing a large percentage of people bought season tickets at UBS because of the chance to get tickets at the last year at Nassau and the playoffs which were included in getting UBS season tickets, I am guessing UBS next year and the coming years are going to look like Nassau/Brooklyn during weak years until the team is good again which I am guessing could be a long time

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Unless they start winning games in the second half of the season, I think they will lose allot of their new season ticket holders who thought they would be able to offset some of the cost by selling some games.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Unless they start winning games in the second half of the season, I think they will lose allot of their new season ticket holders who thought they would be able to offset some of the cost by selling some games.
What do you think will happen if they win a few, and raise prices?

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Anyone who buys season tickets as an investment vehicle, as a money making opportunity the way things are in the world is out of their minds.

I certainly didn’t buy my seats with the intention of making a profit… I did assume that at the very least, I could sell my seats at my discounted season ticket holder price to at least get my money back for the games I wasn’t attending.… Quite frankly, I can sell my parking pass for more money then I can sell both my tickets for in section 214.

… Digital ticketing working in concert with secondary markets have destroyed the conventional way season-ticket holders go about their business… This will be my last year for sure.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I certainly didn’t buy my seats with the intention of making a profit… I did assume that at the very least, I could sell my seats at my discounted season ticket holder price to at least get my money back for the games I wasn’t attending.… Quite frankly, I can sell my parking pass for more money then I can sell both my tickets for in section 214.

… Digital ticketing working in concert with secondary markets have destroyed the conventional way season-ticket holders go about their business… This will be my last year for sure.

Lmao this is sad and true. Ive had to make a new rule with my wife, no selling parking unless the game tickets sold 1st. Parking in South lot sells every time. f*** I should charge 40 bucks and I bet someone still buys it.

Reactions: RWWallpaper

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

I hear you.

I think the people who should buy season ticket are those who will go to 90% of the games, like having the same seat every game, like the people they sit near, have partners to split their seats with, and don't get irritated if they can't break even on the games they can't go to.

Otherwise you're better off picking and choosing games on the secondary market, sitting wherever you like at lower prices during the regular season, paying the market price for premium games (which around here are only Rangers games), and during the playoffs hold your nose and pay the marked up prices.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Not a chance in hell im renewing next year with the current state of cost and team performance.

We'll see what the Isles present to me.

Im thinking between the blues upstairs on a partial package may be the better move.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Not a chance in hell im renewing next year with the current state of cost and team performance.

We'll see what the Isles present to me.

Im thinking between the blues upstairs on a partial package may be the better move.

Same sentiment here. I recently turned 27 and this is my first time as a full STH and for the first 10 games or so it was exciting, despite the performance on the ice it was fun going to check out the new place. Now, with the state of the team and the batshit insane in arena prices they can forget another full priced season from me to see the most offensively inept team in the league.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Really weird the way the email said nothing about renewing, just vague references to the 50th anniversary and a link to a video. Without people here mentioning the prices for next season and renewal info was on that page, I'd never have thought to click.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad