Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part III

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
And maybe they won't. Its a pain in the ass for them....Their message is that they'll get back to us about updated guidelines.

I have not been to a playoff game yet but I heard they barely even look at the documentation when people show it. So not sure how many people are showing BS cards to be honest

Green

Nov 13, 2019
I just watched the press conference and I am not sure why there was no mention if arenas and sporting events are allowed to open up at 100% with no vaccination requirement, I am sure the Islanders were anticipating this press conference which is why the delay, it was just an advertisement for the NY state fair which they said will be open at 100% and no requirements and for people to vacation in NY

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
wow that's awesome. You've seen some real shitty teams for a while so you def enjoy this ride.
Yeah there's been a lot of pain and suffering with the Islanders for me. That's why I'm so excited about everything our owners have done. From Lou and Barry, to the arena, to the training facilities. Everything has been first rate once Ledecky and Malkin started digging out of the mess they bought.

Reactions: Riseonfire

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I have not been to a playoff game yet but I heard they barely even look at the documentation when people show it. So not sure how many people are showing BS cards to be honest
They've looked at my documentation but I don't think the examination is for whether a card is fake or not. If you have the wherewithal to go out and get a fake vax card, I'm pretty sure these guys working the door aren't going to bust you. You're an asshole but you'll probably get in.

Reactions: Riseonfire

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
emergency announcement everyone:

No matter when your ticket window time is, you can get on and start waiting in line already.

your welcome-

Last edited:

crasherino

May 9, 2013
anyone get through yet? I jumped on early similar to you (although my time was at 1pm) and I'm still in the queue. Kinda bullshit....well, not for you I guess.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
anyone get through yet? I jumped on early similar to you (although my time was at 1pm) and I'm still in the queue. Kinda bullshit....well, not for you I guess.

took me 90 minutes for my noon time. Stick with it.

Any comments on how many they are letting in? I got 5 rows behind the benches, so thinking they are getting rid of the tarps unless I am mistaken.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Just posted this in the Ticket thread. Got this after waiting in the queue and 10 minutes after my time slot started and Ticketmaster kept telling me "no events."

Hi ____,

Extraordinary demand for Islanders playoff tickets has stopped today's Season Ticket Member presale.
Therefore, the Member presale is being reset for tomorrow, Wednesday, June 16th. An email will follow with more information to all Season Ticket Members later today.
If you have successfully purchased tickets for the Semifinals, they are valid and will be honored.
Thank you for this very powerful display of support for the Isles.
Let's Go Islanders

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
they just tweeted that suspended until tomorrow now. what a joke.

Ledecky needs to gut the ticket ops people and bring in professionals.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Just posted this in the Ticket thread. Got this after waiting in the queue and 10 minutes after my time slot started and Ticketmaster kept telling me "no events."

Hi ____,

Extraordinary demand for Islanders playoff tickets has stopped today's Season Ticket Member presale.
Therefore, the Member presale is being reset for tomorrow, Wednesday, June 16th. An email will follow with more information to all Season Ticket Members later today.
If you have successfully purchased tickets for the Semifinals, they are valid and will be honored.
Thank you for this very powerful display of support for the Isles.
Let's Go Islanders
I've been waiting for 80 minutes and I'm almost at the front. I gotta do this again tomorrow? I take back all the nice things I said about the Islanders organization. Well, that's not true, but this shouldn't happen. This isn't something new - its round 3. The reason its a staggered sale is to not be overloaded.

Curious to see what happens when I get to the front.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
they just tweeted that suspended until tomorrow now. what a joke.

Ledecky needs to gut the ticket ops people and bring in professionals.

Couple problems that might've led to this:

-Ticketmaster not checking time slot before letting people into the queue. This puts everyone on the same line, regardless of time, and screwing over some people with an earlier slot;
-Mad rush to the queue since people were spreading rumors/mob rush on possibility of being able to buy earlier, because of the first factor above.

If I had to guess, because of the huge number of people in the queue, the Islanders aren't even sure what availability looks like for timeslots after 12/1PM and people were complaining they've been waiting so long.

I've been waiting for 80 minutes and I'm almost at the front. I gotta do this again tomorrow? I take back all the nice things I said about the Islanders organization. Well, that's not true, but this shouldn't happen. This isn't something new - its round 3. The reason its a staggered sale is to not be overloaded.

Agreed. If it's like me you're going to get a "no events" warning. My time slot started at 2 and I got that, even before they sent out that email 10 minutes later.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau

Just got the the front. Nothing happened. A screen pops up saying "there are no events available for purchase". I am livid we have to do this bullshit again tomorrow

crasherino

May 9, 2013

-Ticketmaster not checking time slot before letting people into the queue. This puts everyone on the same line, regardless of time, and screwing over some people with an earlier slot;
-Mad rush to the queue since people were spreading rumors/mob rush on possibility of being able to buy earlier, because of the first factor above.

If I had to guess, because of the huge number of people in the queue, the Islanders aren't even sure what availability looks like for timeslots after 12/1PM and people were complaining they've been waiting so long.
That's likely exactly what happened. But it shouldn't - their system is fully capable of admitting certain people at specific times, keeping track of ticket limits per account and generally hosting a sale like this. Fairly straightforward for pretty much the only game in the ticketing business.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
That's likely exactly what happened. But it shouldn't - their system is fully capable of admitting certain people at specific times, keeping track of ticket limits per account and generally hosting a sale like this. Fairly straightforward for pretty much the only game in the ticketing business.

Ticketmaster is one of the best examples of what monopolies do to the consumer experience.

Reactions: crasherino

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Just got the the front. Nothing happened. A screen pops up saying "there are no events available for purchase". I am livid we have to do this bullshit again tomorrow
Probably because it wasn't your time yet.

I got to the front and just bought 4 tix to each game. After I bought the first game, it wouldn't take me to the list of games. But I went back to the link in my email, clicked on that and it took me to the other games.

Total shitshow but at least I don't have to deal with it tomorrow.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Agreed. If it's like me you're going to get a "no events" warning. My time slot started at 2 and I got that, even before they sent out that email 10 minutes later.
If your time slot started at 2, you may be OK. Mine started at 1pm and I was able to complete the purchase. Took some finagling, as described in my other post, but it worked out.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Probably because it wasn't your time yet.

I got to the front and just bought 4 tix to each game. After I bought the first game, it wouldn't take me to the list of games. But I went back to the link in my email, clicked on that and it took me to the other games.

Total shitshow but at least I don't have to deal with it tomorrow.

How was the pricing compared to last round? the same or more?

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
If your time slot started at 2, you may be OK. Mine started at 1pm and I was able to complete the purchase. Took some finagling, as described in my other post, but it worked out.

I'm still getting "no events." I never had the opportunity to see the listings.

Maybe 1PM was the cutoff. Regardless, Islanders might have to get rid of some of the later timeslots they had designated for today strictly on availability. Potential for some upset fans incoming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad