Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I have never seen a first of series home playoff game with less demand than this one. Is it really because people are that upset it's a Tuesday?

On the flip side, everyone wants the Friday game.

I wonder what that does for game 6 if they are up 3-2?

usahockey1980

Apr 30, 2016
playoff demand

I have never seen a first of series home playoff game with less demand than this one. Is it really because people are that upset it's a Tuesday?

On the flip side, everyone wants the Friday game.

I wonder what that does for game 6 if they are up 3-2?

It is the Islanders in Brooklyn and it does not matter if it is regular season or playoffs. The Islanders do not sell well because the fans do not want to travel to Brooklyn. Fridays game is selling better than Tuesday but still tickets for Fridays game are very cheap for a playoff game. It is tough for many fans to get to Brooklyn for a weekday game and currently there is not enough of a Islanders fan base in Brooklyn to support the team. If the Islanders go further in the playoffs then hopefully they will bring in more fans from the local area.

Another issue is most fans are not stupid and many who want to go to the game Tuesday night will keep waiting to buy as ticket prices will drop much much more.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
It is the Islanders in Brooklyn and it does not matter if it is regular season or playoffs. The Islanders do not sell well because the fans do not want to travel to Brooklyn. Fridays game is selling better than Tuesday but still tickets for Fridays game are very cheap for a playoff game. It is tough for many fans to get to Brooklyn for a weekday game and currently there is not enough of a Islanders fan base in Brooklyn to support the team. If the Islanders go further in the playoffs then hopefully they will bring in more fans from the local area.

Another issue is most fans are not stupid and many who want to go to the game Tuesday night will keep waiting to buy as ticket prices will drop much much more.

I'm just trying to figure out what will it take for people to really want to come out. I sold everything I had left except a pair for game 6. Will people come out of the woodwork for the third round, or will it take the SCF to get people to want to come to Brooklyn?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'm just trying to figure out what will it take for people to really want to come out. I sold everything I had left except a pair for game 6. Will people come out of the woodwork for the third round, or will it take the SCF to get people to want to come to Brooklyn?

With the Rags out, I'm guessing the ECF will be a legitimate enough event (beyond just a hockey game) that will cause some ticket demand.

The interminable breaks in this series doesn't do the demand any good either. There's barely any chatter on this board and we are all diehards.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
With the Rags out, I'm guessing the ECF will be a legitimate enough event (beyond just a hockey game) that will cause some ticket demand.

The interminable breaks in this series doesn't do the demand any good either. There's barely any chatter on this board and we are all diehards.

Interesting that you mention the Rangers. The ECF are actually one of the hardest rounds to sell and make good money on. The way my strips worked this year, they were 161/185/267/351. The ECF were WAY more than the previous round and a lot of people always decide to save their money for the Finals.

usahockey1980

Apr 30, 2016

That is a good question... We just do not know. We also do not know the playoff schedule for next round as a Saturday Home game would be nice... haha. I would also like to know what the Islanders ticket prices will be for the next round.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
If this series is 2-2 after Friday, I think game 6 has a strong(er) demand. At that point you'll have games every other day, and it will be a clinching game for someone. Of course, if that someone is the Islanders, it will be a lot more in demand.

usahockey1980

Apr 30, 2016
Interesting that you mention the Rangers. The ECF are actually one of the hardest rounds to sell and make good money on. The way my strips worked this year, they were 161/185/267/351. The ECF were WAY more than the previous round and a lot of people always decide to save their money for the Finals.

I am a Islanders fan and I do not think the Islanders stand a chance against either Pittsburgh or Washington so I don't think I be to willing to spend much on the ECF unless the Islanders can show that they can even play on the same ice with those 2 teams which I doubt very much. The Isles got very lucky to end up in the other bracket playing Florida instead of Pittsburgh in the First round in my opinion but I am hopefully wrong.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
are you guys actually worried it wont be packed tomorrow?

i was worried a bit in first round, but found quickly that isles fans are fickle and will wait for prices to come down

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
are you guys actually worried it wont be packed tomorrow?

i was worried a bit in first round, but found quickly that isles fans are fickle and will wait for prices to come down

I think it will be pretty packed. The last game 6 had over 2000 seats move on StubHub in 24 hours... Buy buyers are waiting for the sellers to lower prices, and the sellers are trying not to budge. It's a game of chicken.

usahockey1980

Apr 30, 2016
Isles game 3 pricing prediction

I think it will be pretty packed. The last game 6 had over 2000 seats move on StubHub in 24 hours... Buy buyers are waiting for the sellers to lower prices, and the sellers are trying not to budge. It's a game of chicken.

There is a big difference between a Clinching Game 6 and a Game 3. I would say by 4PM tomorrow prices will drop probably to $40 or less for obstructed view and full view will be at $60 or less. Tickets will move fast but not fast enough and by 6 PM they will practically be giving the seats away. That is my prediction.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
That is a good question... We just do not know. We also do not know the playoff schedule for next round as a Saturday Home game would be nice... haha. I would also like to know what the Islanders ticket prices will be for the next round.
If Isles make it to the ECF there is no conflict with BC - if would be an issue if Isles had home ice, but they don't.

So, next round should follow standard playoff format.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Has anyone heard anything about refunds for the unplayed home game 4 in first round?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
what you talking about? We played all of our scheduled home games last series

If you bought extra strips or didn't go "pay as they play" you probably bought the full 4 games. I know I was charged for 4 games for my extra strips. Somehow the Islanders managed to bill me for my extra 2nd round strips but not refund my unplayed games from round 1. Strange, huh?

usahockey1980

Apr 30, 2016
If you bought extra strips or didn't go "pay as they play" you probably bought the full 4 games. I know I was charged for 4 games for my extra strips. Somehow the Islanders managed to bill me for my extra 2nd round strips but not refund my unplayed games from round 1. Strange, huh?

Same thing happened to me. I did not ask them when I will receive refund. People with pay as you play prob only paid for 3 games. I paid in full and also was charged for all 4 games. The Islanders are one of the worst organizations if not thee worst when it comes to managing ticket accounts, refunds, etc.... I am sure we will get it back one of these days, prob after the Islanders playoffs are over is my guess. I will try to contact them to find out when we will be refunded.

Sideshow Bob

Nov 18, 2008
springfield prison

2000 moved, maybe, but not all 2000 SOLD on stubhub. I think a lot of listings were pulled from stubhub when people who had tickets but may have been on fence about attending decided to go to game after winning game 5 and having a shot to clinch, or had friends who they gave tickets to for face. I know I pulled my stubhub listing for game 4 of round 1 as well as for tonights game when friends were able to go and use the tickets that I could not use.

usahockey1980

Apr 30, 2016
1,450 seats left on StubHub for tonight

It will be getting even cheaper tonight. 1,450 seats left on SH. They are moving though. GO ISLES!

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Just took a look at Stub Hub - ticket demand is pretty strong. Close to $100 to get in and only 600 or so tickets left. If you waited around to get a good deal you may have struck out.

Weird how different it seems from Tuesday. I understand the whole weekend vs. weekday sitch, but still....

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Just took a look at Stub Hub - ticket demand is pretty strong. Close to $100 to get in and only 600 or so tickets left. If you waited around to get a good deal you may have struck out.

Weird how different it seems from Tuesday. I understand the whole weekend vs. weekday sitch, but still....

I've been watching this all day. Even with the rain, people seem like they want to go. I hope Tuesday's demand is even stronger, as I still have a pair to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad