Islanders Season Ticket-holders | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
I've been watching this all day. Even with the rain, people seem like they want to go. I hope Tuesday's demand is even stronger, as I still have a pair to sell.

Strong demand, slowed a bit late in they day (clearly).

Tonight and Tuesday were like night and day. I have seats I sold for twice as much today as they did for Tuesday's game. Ridiculous.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Strong demand, slowed a bit late in they day (clearly).

Tonight and Tuesday were like night and day. I have seats I sold for twice as much today as they did for Tuesday's game. Ridiculous.

I hope the fact that it's game 6 means more than its being on a Tuesday.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
From a STH perspective, what happens now?
If you didn't auto-renew and didn't pay for your seats, I'm assuming that account will be inactive.
If you auto-renewed, do you now get to look at that inventory for your seats if you want to move?
Is there still another step in their relocation left?
...and refunds. Can people post when they get them?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If you didn't auto-renew and didn't pay for your seats, I'm assuming that account will be inactive.
If you auto-renewed, do you now get to look at that inventory for your seats if you want to move?

In February my rep said there would be a main round of relocations in June or July. I was assuming that would be after the renewal deadline for those who didn't auto-renew.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Curious, now that people have had a year to get used to it.. will most of you renew? Others looking to give it a try?

I auto-renewed in January.

I put up with 15 years of Charles Wang, 3 years of Millstein/Gluckstern, Spano, the Gang of 4, the late 1980s. Why stop now?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Curious, now that people have had a year to get used to it.. will most of you renew? Others looking to give it a try?

I bought a half season primarily because of the dynamic pricing and I wanted to be able to go to the 'popular' games and not have to deal with it and thought I would sell off the rest and break even. That didn't happen. I lost quite a bit of money.

I made it to about 10-12 games and figured out what locations I liked and ended up not renewing, but coming in as new business late in the season to get extra strips. I really like my new seats and think they will sell well for games I can't make.

This season, all half plans were just $10 more than the fulls in the same location. They figured out that it's a bad way to price it and at the lower price points it's just easier to buy a full season. The additional benefits they offered also added a lot of value.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Didn't renew at all. They took the invoice for next season out of my account a few days ago. All that displays is the $25 service charge but it doesn't allow you to pay it obviously.

Don't see why the account would become inactive. Account manager can still be used for individual game purchases, ticket offers, transfers from current ticket holders, etc.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Didn't renew at all. They took the invoice for next season out of my account a few days ago. All that displays is the $25 service charge but it doesn't allow you to pay it obviously.

Don't see why the account would become inactive. Account manager can still be used for individual game purchases, ticket offers, transfers from current ticket holders, etc.

You're right. I forgot about that. I've used an old Yankee account to buy games like that.

My invoice for next season was gone over a month ago.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Just got this....

Thank you for joining us at Barclays Center for the Islanders' inaugural season in Brooklyn.

The 2015-16 season was filled with great moments. The four overtime playoff games at Barclays Center were thrilling and your cheers made the atmosphere electric. With John Tavares' series-clinching goal against Florida, we all experienced a night that will forever be remembered in Islanders history.

This past season was a learning process for us. From the beginning, we sought feedback from Islanders fans, listened to your concerns and addressed your issues whenever we could. We consider the fans our greatest resource, and we appreciate your input throughout the season.

We hope that our efforts improved your experience at Barclays Center, but we know that there is still work to be done. Our goal is to provide Islanders fans with the best possible service, and that is an ongoing mission.

We are already at work planning improvements for the 2016-17 season. You can anticipate seeing six additional weekend games added to the schedule. There will be more access to the team through new events and a tenure-based benefits program. We will replicate and build upon your playoff entertainment experience next season. We will continue to work with the management team at the Long Island Rail Road with the goal of providing train service similar to the 2016 playoffs.

We are looking forward to more great moments with the Islanders, and to seeing you back at Barclays Center for the 2016-17 season.

Good that there will be more weekend games.....

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
As someone whose been a STH for 5 years I'm happy to hear about the team honoring tenure. They should copy the Devils and give out tenure jerseys for milestones like 5, 10, 20 and 25 years.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
We are already at work planning improvements for the 2016-17 season. You can anticipate seeing six additional weekend games added to the schedule. There will be more access to the team through new events and a tenure-based benefits program. We will replicate and build upon your playoff entertainment experience next season. We will continue to work with the management team at the Long Island Rail Road with the goal of providing train service similar to the 2016 playoffs.

We are looking forward to more great moments with the Islanders, and to seeing you back at Barclays Center for the 2016-17 season.

Good that there will be more weekend games.....

I think someone looked at the Barclays schedule this year and there were a lot of weekend days/nights open. They should definitely be scheduling as many weekend games as possible. If they can get half their games on weekends, they can really set themselves up for next year as the weekend games have a strong demand. And if the Rags games and opening night are NOT on weekends, you're looking at close to 25 high demand games right off the bat.

Edit - looks like there were 15 weekend games last year. So if we get over 20, that's a pretty good number.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I think someone looked at the Barclays schedule this year and there were a lot of weekend days/nights open. They should definitely be scheduling as many weekend games as possible. If they can get half their games on weekends, they can really set themselves up for next year as the weekend games have a strong demand. And if the Rags games and opening night are NOT on weekends, you're looking at close to 25 high demand games right off the bat.

Edit - looks like there were 15 weekend games last year. So if we get over 20, that's a pretty good number.

That s gotta be the goal. IMO at least every other weekend we should see the isles on Saturday, and the nets on either Friday or Sunday. Barclays should leverage every weekend they can.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
That s gotta be the goal. IMO at least every other weekend we should see the isles on Saturday, and the nets on either Friday or Sunday. Barclays should leverage every weekend they can.

As far as afternoons go, NBC has the exclusive for Saturdays and Sundays at 1:00 or 3:00 PM EST after the All Star Break. I think that they would have to front load that schedule.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
As far as afternoons go, NBC has the exclusive for Saturdays and Sundays at 1:00 or 3:00 PM EST after the All Star Break. I think that they would have to front load that schedule.

Is that a new thing? The Islanders have always had a Saturday afternoon game in late March/ early April the past few years. This year they played the Penguins, last year the Ducks. Year before that, the Caps.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Is that a new thing? The Islanders have always had a Saturday afternoon game in late March/ early April the past few years. This year they played the Penguins, last year the Ducks. Year before that, the Caps.

I was wrong. I just looked it up. I'll tell you what the policy is after I check it after work.

Regardless, I'm excited for the schedule to come out.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Walking over to Barclays in a few minutes to check out potential seats. Never been a season ticket holder before.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I was wrong. I just looked it up. I'll tell you what the policy is after I check it after work.

Regardless, I'm excited for the schedule to come out.

There's no reason the isles couldn't just have games on Saturday nights not broadcast on nbc. They can be on MSG+ for all I care, but attendance will be so much better if we have more sat night games.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
There's no reason the isles couldn't just have games on Saturday nights not broadcast on nbc. They can be on MSG+ for all I care, but attendance will be so much better if we have more sat night games.

They can do that. I don't believe they can have a game during NBC's exclusive window. It is usually a Saturday or Sunday 1:00 or 3:00 start after the All Star Break.

usahockey1980

Apr 30, 2016
Mike Bossy Playoff Offer

Did anybody get the Mike Bossy offer?... $22 each Full Season Tickets.
I bought 2 seats at Center Ice in Sec 225 Row 21 so total cost $1,936. I guess I might still lose money on them but at that price I should not hopefully not lose all that much. Hoping people buy the unpopular weekday games from me on this site. Unfortunately, the Islanders will not have these tickets in my account until within 24 hours of the game so selling them might be a problem unless people are willing to wait for the tickets to be emailed. Someone said that what the Islanders are doing, not putting the seats in my account until 24 hours is illegal because they do not ship out hard tickets. The 24 hour rule is only for the Bossy offer.

Last edited:

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Did anybody get the Mike Bossy offer?... $22 each Full Season Tickets.
I bought 2 seats at Center Ice in Sec 225 Row 21 so total cost $1,936. I guess I might still lose money on them but at that price I should not hopefully not lose all that much. Hoping people buy the unpopular weekday games from me on this site. Unfortunately, the Islanders will not have these tickets in my account until within 24 hours of the game so selling them might be a problem unless people are willing to wait for the tickets to be emailed. Someone said that what the Islanders are doing, not putting the seats in my account until 24 hours is illegal because they do not ship out hard tickets. The 24 hour rule is only for the Bossy offer.

Honestly, I don't think that offer was very good based on the price and the market prices. The ticket location is waaaay up there, and secondary market prices for some of the weekday games are like $5-$10 for seats that I think are better than those. The fact they won't load the ticket on your account until 24 hours before seems ridiculous, and a blatant attempt to ensure you're not selling on stubhub, but yes it is illegal if they are not giving you hard tickets.

FYI, i opted to go for the limited view seats in section 28. They are $50 a ticket, but the value of those tickets is terrific imo. The view is barely limited and offer some of the best sight lines in the arena. Section 105 (again, limited) are $35 a ticket, and are also really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad