Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Rangers - 10/14/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Glen you have been a pretty smart man this year, give Allen the phonecall asap. AV has nothing to say in this matter.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think all this bad crap will stop, just a matter of when. Thought it would be tonight...Thursday maybe?

Almost stopped tonight...they looked good through 2 periods. They have to stop giving up when a few bad things go against them, that's the big issue much like last year

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's new faces and an awful lot to figure out, and injuries, I understand that but I do have some long term concerns here.

1)AV can't coach like that. Calling that performance bush league is an insult to bush league.

2)Marc Staal and our 2nd pair in general. I knew losing Stralman would be a problem, and now with Boyle hurt it's an even bigger problem. Staal needs a babysitter. Instead he got Mike Kostka tonight. And this guy wants 6 million.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I think Kostka mercifully played his last game in the NHL with us tonight. Think we'll see McIlrath in his place.

I'll tell you guys something. I've never left a game at MSG early. Tonight was the first time. I thought I was going to be physically I'll if I stayed.

The Islanders are no joke anymore. But when you get out-coached by Jack ****ing Capuano, there's a problem.
Please, we dominated them for a full two periods! It really sucks when your D plays for your opponent.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
John Moore was just fine until everyone on the team was collapsing. One bad pinch when your'e already down 4-2 and playing like crap isn't the end of the world, especially when the resulting goal is a complete fluke.

AV didn't say Hunwick played bad, he just wanted to see a right handed D on the right side and Hunwick is a left D.

hopefully he never mistakes Kostka for a NHL defenseman again

Thank you.

John Moore was fine. One mid ice step up And fluky goal off his partners arm and it's his fault. He made numerous good step up pinches the whole game.

He was +1 in that **** show and led the team with 6 hits.

While kostka girardi and staal went combined -6

Some people need someone to rag on. John Moore is an easy target for the uninformed.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I think all this bad crap will stop, just a matter of when. Thought it would be tonight...Thursday maybe?

No, this isn't going to get much better. It will somewhat, once Stepan and Boyle get back. But Vigneault will still be pulling the strings, and we'll have the same deficiencies--both in terms of talent and depth--on defense and at center. These are massive holes to patch. You can forget about coming anywhere near replicating last year's success.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Thank you.

John Moore was fine. One mid ice step up And fluky goal off his partners arm and it's his fault. He made numerous good step up pinches the whole game.

He was +1 in that **** show and led the team with 6 hits.

While kostka girardi and staal went combined -6

Some people need someone to rag on. John Moore is an easy target for the uninformed.
moore was probably our only decent d man. By the way macdonagh is off to a tough start

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Almost stopped tonight...they looked good through 2 periods. They have to stop giving up when a few bad things go against them, that's the big issue much like last year

A hockey coach I had years ago always told me to put the mistakes out of your head during the game and go back to the good, but do a bit of thinking after the game about what went wrong and how.
Dunno, but yeah, you make a good point about how quickly the air goes out of the balloon.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
Nash, Duclair and Stemp looked good. Hayes had his moments, I think he sticks. He is better than Miller.

I bet the car taking Kostka to Hartford burned rubber the first 2 blocks. We have seen the last of him.

Malone wasn't that bad either, made a case for keeping him in the lineup. I am not sure why Glass is on the team, please someone give me a reason.

The defense is terrible and there are five returning starters from last year. On paper they should not be so bad. Awful last game and Kostka wasn't playing so it can't all be on him.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
First of all, the NHL did them no favors with the early season schedule. Four games in six nights after a busy preseason is a recipe for poor play, especially when your opponents are offensive-minded.

It's good the get these losses out of the way early. AV said in camp the ENTIRE month of October was going to be a carousel of rookies and fill-ins. Boyles injury exacerbated it.

They were dominating a game late in the 2nd with a lead and the coach had to play his super scrub because the last thing you want to do is destroy your top-4 with overwork in the 4th game of the season.

It's extended camp. Just take a bite of the **** sandwich. You guys are screaming for more rookies, but when they mess up you want their heads on a plate.

Makes no sense to me. Either you don't understand the art of the full regular season or your one of those "instant gratification me me me me" generation types who don't understand that player development at all levels is also an art.

Like McIlrath will fix things. With what? A fight?

Things will fix themselves, whether it's with Kosta or Hunwick or Miller or whatever.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Just watch, when Stepan and Boyle come back and the rest of the team starts playing well Nash will stop scoring.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Nash, Duclair and Stemp looked good. Hayes had his moments, I think he sticks. He is better than Miller.

I bet the car taking Kostka to Hartford burned rubber the first 2 blocks. We have seen the last of him.

Malone wasn't that bad either, made a case for keeping him in the lineup. I am not sure why Glass is on the team, please someone give me a reason.

The defense is terrible and there are five returning starters from last year. On paper they should not be so bad. Awful last game and Kostka wasn't playing so it can't all be on him.

Pretty much this.

Believe it or not, last season's start was even worse, so Ill give these guys the benefits of the doubt until they get healthy.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Dear Rangers Front Office,

Please trade Marc Staal

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I miss the days of Eminger as our 7th D.

Wasn't the greatest skater, but has a great teammate, that blocked shots, cleared pucks out of the zone if he didn't have a pass, didn't turn it over.

The guy was an old NHL player, simply didn't have the mobility needed post-lockout II, but he was well coached, and disciplined, and made nice easy outs, and never hurt the team.

Hell even Stu Bickel had a streak of 39 games in a row in 2012 where we he wasn't out there for goal against. Granted he never saw more than 5 minutes a night, that was a still a hell of a lot better than what Kostka showed.

I hope Hank teed off on him in the locker room.

Questions for Kostka:

What the ****?

What were you thinking?

Do you prefer playing in the minors?

What's going on through your head when you turn the puck over on back to back shifts that cost the team the game?

Are you taking the train or bus to HFD?

How good is your agent that you scored a one way deal?

Are you color blind?

Do you know the difference in the logos between the two NY hockey teams?

Did Hank hurt your feelings?

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Kostka is an absolute pylon, and I said it from the first day of training camp. I thought Allen played well in 13-14 pre season but we were full. Please use him, or anyone else for that matter.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
LOL, what the hell did he do? Hes better off playing with a mannequin as a partner at this point.

Yup, Staal was probably our best defenseman through the first 3 games, and he is the only defenseman to have scored any points so far. He wasn't good tonight, but that's not surprising considering who his partner was. Every defensemen on this team has looked lousy this season, including McDonagh, which leads me to believe that they are struggling with the system yet again.

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
I dont think I have ever witnessed such a self destructive game as Kostka's obviously doesnt belong here. Hank needs to go into god mode soon! The team let him down big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad