Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Rangers - 10/14/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship*

I'm surprised at how many Rangers fans are surprised by the loss to the icelanders.

Really? You didn't see that coming?

We are spent after that Cup run, and it is going to take some time to regroup and adjust to major roster changes.

Meanwhile, the Isles have added excellent PP personnel, and are gertting damn good goal tending. Will it last? Dunno, but it seems more likely this year than any other recent years.

This could make for some very exciting playoff hockey next spring with the new format. And a refreshed rivalry heading into Brooklyn.

When you pretty much play 2 solid periods of hockey, you don't expect the team to get blown out the way that they did. That's the surprise, the collapse.

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
When you pretty much play 2 solid periods of hockey, you don't expect the team to get blown out the way that they did. That's the surprise, the collapse.

I wouldn't characterize it as "2 solid periods". More like glimmers of potential. JMHO

Frankly, I'm not expecting this team to get above .500 until sometime in January. Again JMHO.

Further I would not be at all surprised if we had a classic "letdown year".

A lot of posters predicted negative longterm impact from the moves we made last year to try to "win now", but I was "all in" for the moves. Having said that, we are now, to some degree experiencing that impact.

We have to expect to pay the piper to some degree.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I wouldn't characterize it as "2 solid periods". More like glimmers of potential. JMHO

Frankly, I'm not expecting this team to get above .500 until sometime in January. Again JMHO.

A lot of posters predicted negative longterm impact from the moves we made last year to try to "win now", but I was "all in" for the moves. Having said that, we are now, to some degree experiencing that impact.

We have two of our most important players injured in Stepan and Boyle.

Stepan:
-1C
-Best 2-way C
-Leading PKer
-RH Shot on PP

Boyle:
-2RD
-Main offensive D
-PPQB
-RH Shot on PP

Any team that loses players filling the aforementioned roles is going to struggle. Having key players injured is not a "letdown," it's bad luck.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

What win now moves? Trading our captain who was proving difficult to re-sign?? Or was it not re-signing Stralman? You falsely assume that the Rangers are in 100% control of every situation. They are not. There is 2 sides to every coin. We made the win now moves and fell 3 wins short of the Stanley cup. They were the right moves to make.

Also, as revelation said above. We are without our #1 C and #4 D. Any team that loses both of those is going to be in a tough spot. Many people advocated to "play the kids". We are playing the kids. A lot of them. This is the result. Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad