Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Rangers 1/13 7:00 PM [Mod Warning p.#24 & 69]

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Huge four-point swing game.

My fear is that my Facebook feed (and the main board here) is going to be absolutely unbearable if the Islanders win, yet silent if the Rangers win. I just think that Islanders fans care a lot more about beating the Rangers than vice versa. It's always game 7 of the SCF to them.

Problem is, the Rangers need to be able to match that intensity.

Should be a very fun game - but it's huge in terms of the standings.

Win in regulation and the Rangers are three points behind with three games in hand and one more ROW. That's HUGE.

LGR

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
You know the Isles are going to be up for this game, with the little brother complex and all. We're going to need to match their intensity to start the game, then let our superior roster take over and grind them into dust.

Up and down, we have the better roster. No real reason not to win this game.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
You know the Isles are going to be up for this game, with the little brother complex and all. We're going to need to match their intensity to start the game, then let our superior roster take over and grind them into dust.

Up and down, we have the better roster. No real reason not to win this game.

Huge four-point swing game.

My fear is that my Facebook feed (and the main board here) is going to be absolutely unbearable if the Islanders win, yet silent if the Rangers win. I just think that Islanders fans care a lot more about beating the Rangers than vice versa. It's always game 7 of the SCF to them.

Problem is, the Rangers need to be able to match that intensity.

Should be a very fun game - but it's huge in terms of the standings.

Win in regulation and the Rangers are three points behind with three games in hand and one more ROW. That's HUGE.

LGR

Tuesday night @ MSG and against the Islanders. I don't think they will have any problem getting up for this game.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
I think now that finally this Rangers and Islanders game kinda means something we'll see the Rangers actually match the Islanders' intensity. I don't know though I'm too used to watching the Rangers come out the gate slow against those guys.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Biggest game of the season thus far. This game could have HUGE implications on who will get home ice advantage if/when we meet up with them in the first round.

I will be in attendance.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Huge game tomorrow. A.) cause we lost to them at home already and B.) Just can't fathom going 0-7 with zero points against TB, NYI and TOR (I know its not relevant but just popped in my head lol)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't know whether to laugh or cry reading the thread on the Metropolitan division on the main board.

Or think about how ridiculous all of the fans of the Atlantic division sounded when they said the Metro division was not even close to being good as the Atlantic.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The Rangers better be looking at the Islanders in the same manner that they were looking at the Ducks, Kings and Sharks.

While I get it that the Islanders are less proven over more than half a season, it's that very mindset that can burn you.

They are good. They beat good teams. They are deep up front, solid on D and I know there are more than a few here that do not believe in Halak, the dude's numbers everywhere he goes have been very very good. Career .917 svpct (Hank's is .920) Halak has won 55% of the games he's played (166 of 302) Hank has won 54%

I'm not saying that Halak is as good as Hank. I'm saying that Halak is a VERY under rated goalie in his own right.

The Islanders need to be looked at no differently than any other good team in the NHL this year. Failure to do that WILL result in a side-walk slam, followed by a curb stomp and finished off with a stunner.

No one wants that to happen.

NYRangerFan*

We need to come out focused, fast, and ferocious. I call it Triple F

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I don't think this game will matter too much in the long. I think we finish 2nd, behind the Pens regardless of the next few weeks.

That said, I don't know any Piles fans irl, but I'm sure I'll manage to find some unpleasant ones if they were to win. So... Don't let them win.?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The Rangers better be looking at the Islanders in the same manner that they were looking at the Ducks, Kings and Sharks.

While I get it that the Islanders are less proven over more than half a season, it's that very mindset that can burn you.

They are good. They beat good teams. They are deep up front, solid on D and I know there are more than a few here that do not believe in Halak, the dude's numbers everywhere he goes have been very very good. Career .917 svpct (Hank's is .920) Halak has won 55% of the games he's played (166 of 302) Hank has won 54%

I'm not saying that Halak is as good as Hank. I'm saying that Halak is a VERY under rated goalie in his own right.

The Islanders need to be looked at no differently than any other good team in the NHL this year. Failure to do that WILL result in a side-walk slam, followed by a curb stomp and finished off with a stunner.

No one wants that to happen.

The Rangers won't be underestimating the Islanders and vice-versa. Regardless of what some of the fans think about our current win streak I am sure that Capuano is preaching to the Islanders about how hot of a team we are and all the more reason to come out with intensity, blah blah blah.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Really want a win here, but in the end this game isn't going to make or break the Rangers.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
The Rangers won't be underestimating the Islanders and vice-versa. Regardless of what some of the fans think about our current win streak I am sure that Capuano is preaching to the Islanders about how hot of a team we are and all the more reason to come out with intensity, blah blah blah.

NYR need to be ready from the start.
These 4 games (NYI, B's, CBJ, Pitt) to Sunday are huge, all East teams.
8 points would be amazing, 5+ would keep us climbing, 4 would disappoint, but less than 4 would really suck

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012

Who cares? Let's get 2 pts, keep on with our winning ways, and let the rest of the league/fans think whatever they want.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
It may make or break the main boards, though.

That's why you avoid the main boards. The Rangers could win the Stanley Cup and they still wouldn't give them credit. :laugh:

I hope the team doesn't think that

Well, I would hope they bring intensity to every game. But regardless of whether they lose or win this game, I still think they will finish ahead of the Islanders. Losing one game is not going to change my opinion on that.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Discuss the teams, not the fans. If anyone from another board comes here to troll, you report the post; Do NOT respond.

Also, please don't do the same on other boards. Thanks all, enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille