Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Rangers 1/13 7:00 PM [Mod Warning p.#24 & 69]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
So ****ing pumped for this one! The build up to this game has been crazy, the hype is real.

4-1 win :handclap:

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Two mod warnings by page three. I kind of like it, shows that things are heating up and sort of illustrates how the rivalry is more significant than it's been in a long time. I'd hate to be a mod, though :laugh:

Just one out of 82, but still, two points here would really help to close the gap. Lets win it in regulation!

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
It's amazing how this team has such a long winning streak and the NYI are still ahead of them... yea I know more games played, but I have not watched any NYI games this year so it's shocking for me to see them doing so well.

Even when they were playing for lottery picks, they would still play very well against the Rangers. I love the rivalry.

RangersOwnNewYork*

My head says this is 1 game in 82 and this will mean nothing when the real action starts in April. My heart says under no circumstances should we lose this game and we must crush them tonight.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
We need a proper GDT! Arguably the most important game of the season thus far and Loffen is slacking :cry:

Breaded Fox

Nov 8, 2010
NJ
Is Wade Dubielewicz going for the icelanders?

But in all seriousness, I was very young when I learned to have a deep hatred of the islanders. Eventually it faded and NJ was and is my favorite team to hate forever for so many reasons. But I love the fire coming back to the NY/NY rivalry.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
In the past few years we've seen the Islanders get up for these games more than the Rangers. For obvious reasons.

The significance of tonight's matchup won't be lost on anyone. Both teams should come out flying. The Rangers may even have the chip on their shoulder due to the standings. Should be a good one.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
I feel a lot more confident about this game than the first time around. Might be the fact that we have our #1 center in the lineup, Boyle in for Mike fricken Kostka, and both Glass AND Malone aren't destroying our bottom 6.

Even so, the Rangers outplayed the Isles for the most part last game with the difference being 2 gifted goals from Kostka and Klein putting one in our own net.

Isles are a good team. All you can ask is that the Rangers continue the top to bottom solid play that they have had over the past month.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
The main board obsession is a few posters who get butt hurt when they don't think the Rangers get their due. Nothing more than that really. I don't find fans of opposing teams hate the Rangers. In fact, I know a lot of people all the world over who follow the NHL, aren't NYR fans, but think we have an excellent team. I don't think folks hate the NYR per se, I observe it is more directed at NYR fans. Two very different things, but many NY fans are some of the rudest, most obnoxious and classless fans I've ever seen. And this is coming from a NYC kid. The NYR fans here aren't too bad, but some of the comments/actions I've seen elsewhere and at live events were, to me, embarrassing and entirely unacceptable.

Go to a Rangers game at the Rock. Or at the Coliseum. A huge portions of the Rangers fanbase are REALLY f'in obnoxious bandwagoners* who go to other teams arenas more to talk trash than because they care about the team. The board here is not representative of Rangers fans as a whole by a long shot.

*Not to say other teams don't have them too, but just due to the size of NYC we have a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino