Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Rangers 1/13 7:00 PM [Mod Warning p.#24 & 69]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangerFan*

That's why you avoid the main boards. The Rangers could win the Stanley Cup and they still wouldn't give them credit. :laugh:

Well, I would hope they bring intensity to every game. But regardless of whether they lose or win this game, I still think they will finish ahead of the Islanders. Losing one game is not going to change my opinion on that.

Well, this is a chance to stop them from getting points for once and we can pull closer

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Isles getting those 4 points in 24 hours Fri/Sat was HUGE for their fans.

They were dreading this matchup if NYR had a chance to win and pass them.

Crush them. Ruin the nights of Isles fans. Ruin, their, night.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
I don't think this game will matter too much in the long. I think we finish 2nd, behind the Pens regardless of the next few weeks.

That said, I don't know any Piles fans irl, but I'm sure I'll manage to find some unpleasant ones if they were to win. So... Don't let them win.?

We will destroy them on the senjougahara (Battlefield)!

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
We`re not gonna win the next 43 games of course, but please dont loose this one....

NYR90

Apr 15, 2012
Los Angeles
Going to this game with an Isles poster on this board. For the love of my sanity and enjoyment of the main forum explosion following the game I pray the Rangers win.

That all being secondary to Rangers picking up points within the division. Don't want the Rangers too invested in the emotions of this game, they need to stay the course and come out like the last 15 games.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I cant wait until the Rangers meet the Isles in the playoffs. Tomorrow will just be a tease

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Teams tend to be too relaxed sometimes in that first game at home after a Western swing . They get sleeping in their own beds...eating home cooking and sometimes have no legs :laugh::laugh:....however....like my last GD prediction....I hope I am wrong again and we blow them out....:nod:

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
A win would be great, but I hope everyone doesn't overreact to a loss. It's one game, and we've been on such a roll that we're certainly likely to drop a couple eventually.

The crowing from Isles fans would be unbearable, but there's still plenty of time to catch up in the standings.

That being said, PLEASE WIN.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
A win would be great, but I hope everyone doesn't overreact to a loss. It's one game, and we've been on such a roll that we're certainly likely to drop a couple eventually.

The crowing from Isles fans would be unbearable, but there's still plenty of time to catch up in the standings.

That being said, PLEASE WIN.
Don't hold your breath. :laugh:

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
I'm calling a 4-2 win. The Isles teams of recent years have been bad and the Rangers consequently played down to their level. Isles aren't sneaking up on anyone now. With AV, I feel he does an excellent job of getting his teams up for big games.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Pressure is all on them. They're the ones who have something to prove after not having accomplished anything of substance in over 20 years.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Gonna be the toughest battle of the season against the Stanley Cup caliber Islanders with Strome, Bailey, Martin, and All-star Grabber lighting up the world. We can't handle them...

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
I'm calling a 4-2 win. The Isles teams of recent years have been bad and the Rangers consequently played down to their level. Isles aren't sneaking up on anyone now. With AV, I feel he does an excellent job of getting his teams up for big games.

Would be nice to see. We usually come out very slow against the Islanders.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Feeling very confident we'll come out with a win...Especially at MSG. I'm thinking we'll see a lot of goals.

SwedeAmerican

Dec 5, 2011
What the bleep is everyone's obsession with the main boards here? Why do they hate the Rangers? Is it a NY thing?

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
What the bleep is everyone's obsession with the main boards here? Why do they hate the Rangers? Is it a NY thing?

New York teams generally aren't liked by other fans because they're popular, on top of the fact that New Yorkers typically aren't friendly.

SwedeAmerican

Dec 5, 2011
I was very bothered by the amount of icelander fans at MSG last time. What are the chances that happens again?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
New York teams generally aren't liked by other fans because they're popular, on top of the fact that New Yorkers typically aren't friendly.

Cause we **** on everyone else. deal with it.

Anyhow, We are good. People hate when popular teams or rivals are good the most.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Not used to this rivalry yet... the Islanders have, literally, never been good in my lifetime. I always just disliked them because even when they sucked they'd always play us hard.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Going to this game with an Isles poster on this board. For the love of my sanity and enjoyment of the main forum explosion following the game I pray the Rangers win.

That all being secondary to Rangers picking up points within the division. Don't want the Rangers too invested in the emotions of this game, they need to stay the course and come out like the last 15 games.

Hahaha, it might be a few days before we talk again after this game.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Hahaha, it might be a few days before we talk again after this game.
8eql8.png

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: