Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Rangers 1/13 7:00 PM [Mod Warning p.#24 & 69]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
At this point I think I want the win more because of just how much they care rather than how much I actually do. So I'm starting to care. :laugh:

I just don't think it means all that much. Points, standings, yes... obviously, all Eastern and especially Metropolitan games do. In terms of potential playoff match-up or measuring stick of some sort? Bah. Doesn't mean all that much if we lose.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'm usually of the camp that will say if we lose its not a big deal. However....

I am blood thirsty for REVENGE on these clowns and their stupid stealing of the "Yes" chant. I usually could careless about the Islanders, but their fans have been horrible this year because they don't know how to embrace winning. And they are so unbelievable ignorant when it comes to the facts. All you hear from them is how they beat us last time. But they neglect that we had Michael Kostka playing for us that game...

As I said the other day, they should be very nervous for this one. The Rangers are a well oiled machine right now and they are standing on the tracks. I want this one bad...and not just want it bad...but I want to steam roll them in all facets of the game. Defense, offense, forechecking, goaltending, special teams, everything....other than, well...faceoffs :sarcasm:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I want to [Mod] Soak in the win of the Rangers. Forthwith.... descend down to the depth of their dwellings... unto them, hark: Thine Rangers be-ith thy prevalent club. They. Cannot. Compete.

Pls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I just remember it from the zerg guilds in games like Lineage II back in the day. Pwnt. Rekt. All those great words. I was 17 at the time and loved it.

edit: There was also SmashT. And they capitalized the T. Just some ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I just remember it from the zerg guilds in games like Lineage II back in the day. Pwnt. Rekt. All those great words. I was 17 at the time and loved it.

edit: There was also SmashT. And they capitalized the T. Just some ideas.
Sorry I should have been more clear. :laugh:

Net Front Presence

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 29, 2009
I'm usually of the camp that will say if we lose its not a big deal. However....

I am blood thirsty for REVENGE on these clowns and their stupid stealing of the "Yes" chant. I usually could careless about the Islanders, but their fans have been horrible this year because they don't know how to embrace winning. And they are so unbelievable ignorant when it comes to the facts. All you hear from them is how they beat us last time. But they neglect that we had Michael Kostka playing for us that game...

As I said the other day, they should be very nervous for this one. The Rangers are a well oiled machine right now and they are standing on the tracks. I want this one bad...and not just want it bad...but I want to steam roll them in all facets of the game. Defense, offense, forechecking, goaltending, special teams, everything....other than, well...faceoffs :sarcasm:

Was he? I seem to remember him playing for the Islanders that game.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Do not respond to trolls.

The report button --
report.gif
-- is conveniently located beneath a user's vCash amount/post count, below their avatar.

RangersOwnNewYork*

This Rangers team is so much better than the Michael Kostka led team in October that lost to the fishsticks. I expect a great game and a Ranger win.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
What the bleep is everyone's obsession with the main boards here? Why do they hate the Rangers? Is it a NY thing?

The main board obsession is a few posters who get butt hurt when they don't think the Rangers get their due. Nothing more than that really. I don't find fans of opposing teams hate the Rangers. In fact, I know a lot of people all the world over who follow the NHL, aren't NYR fans, but think we have an excellent team. I don't think folks hate the NYR per se, I observe it is more directed at NYR fans. Two very different things, but many NY fans are some of the rudest, most obnoxious and classless fans I've ever seen. And this is coming from a NYC kid. The NYR fans here aren't too bad, but some of the comments/actions I've seen elsewhere and at live events were, to me, embarrassing and entirely unacceptable.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Discuss the teams, not the fans. If anyone from another board comes here to troll, you report the post; Do NOT respond.

Also, please don't do the same on other boards. Thanks all, enjoy the game.

Allow me to reiterate because it's already been borderline pre-school on the main boards all week.

-Posting in this thread from other boards just to troll Rangers fans will result in an infraction.

-Responding to such posts will be met with the same.

-DO NOT read the Islanders board and then come back here and relay all the funny stuff you found, or flame their fanbase.

-If you go to the Islanders board and get in trouble, we don't have your back. Don't do it.

-Responding to mod warnings such as this one with a snide remark will be disciplined. It's been happening too much, and we need you guys to take this game seriously.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
One crazy game we had against them was a couple of years ago I think. We came out firing and scored 2 goals quickly then proceeded to get dominated and lose in OT.

That was last season. Nash scored a breakaway goal on Poulin like 2 mins in. It was a game on a day with a huge snowstorm, people were wondering if the game was gonna be cancelled.

Actually the Nash goal on Poulin is used every single game as one of the tiny replay clips they show with some MSG promotion next to it on the bottom of the screen during a break in the action. It's a behind the net camera up high.

Good memory over here.

Net Front Presence

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 29, 2009
That was last season. Nash scored a breakaway goal on Poulin like 2 mins in. It was a game on a day with a huge snowstorm, people were wondering if the game was gonna be cancelled.

Actually the Nash goal on Poulin is used every single game as one of the tiny replay clips they show with some MSG promotion next to it on the bottom of the screen during a break in the action. It's a behind the net camera up high.

Good memory over here.

[NHL]2013020748-82-h[/NHL]

What play by Girardi. Fakes the pass off the boards and throws it up the middle.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Will hoping for a great game be OK MH? Hopefully a injury free exciting game!

That's what I hope everyone does. Yeah I hope it's a good one. I don't hate the Islanders like I hate other teams, but apparently a lot of people in this rivalry do because it doesn't take much for things to get stupid. Most of all, I just hope it's clean on here :laugh:

Zuccarello Awesome*

I think now that finally this Rangers and Islanders game kinda means something we'll see the Rangers actually match the Islanders' intensity. I don't know though I'm too used to watching the Rangers come out the gate slow against those guys.

Exactly!

I have a feeling the Isles win this game in a shootout.

I can just picture Isles fans talking about how they beat us twice in the regular season and thus will stomp us in the playoffs en route to their first of four Cups.

Nah, screw that.

My prediction:

Rangers win 5-3

goals from Nash, Miller, MSL(2), and McDonagh. Dan Boyle with 3 assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad