Islanders name Anders Lee captain

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't know if you made this up or if you actually listen to the dumbest "analysts" out there, but just looking at his eliteprospects page, Lee has gone PPG in the following years at the level listed:

06-07 High School (41 in 31)
07-08 High School (43 in 25)
08-09 High School (66 in 25)
08-09 HS Elite League (29 in 18)
09-10 USHL (66 in 59)
10-11 NCAA (44 in 44)
12-13 NHL (2 in 2, not exactly a huge sample size)
14-15 AHL (5 in 5, again only a brief stint)
16-17 World Championships (8 in 8)
and now so far in 18-19 NHL (11 in 10)

He also would have led the Leafs in goals last year.

He also just turned 28 and had the best season of his career so "exiting his scoring prime" is a bold statement.

And all of this ignores that none of what you and the Toronto blowhard media have "deemed noteworthy" has anything to do with whether he'd make a good captain.
Good post. Nice to see " internet facts" shown for what they are.
As someone who watched him play HS, and, while not close, know of him through many people, he is not only a good person, but a fierce competitor and a winner. Always has been.

Last edited:

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
5 yrs left on a $5.5m per contract.

Too much term and dollars left to simply bench Ladd.
Gotta try to get as much contribution as possible out of him.
It's a sunk cost, so really how much he makes is irrelevant. But he's certainly still an NHL caliber player who deserves to play. He really hasn't been too bad at all this season.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Fake News

Laughs fans on HFboards told me Lee is a product of Tavares even after Isles fans proved that JT only assisted on a minority of his goals last year.

I do think an argument could be made while they really didn't have many primary assist goal plays together, both did open up the ice for eachother.

On a side note given the Islanders can really use a 2nd line center I would like to see him(along with Bailey and Beauvillier) all given a shot to see if they capable to play there. In the case of Lee his skating probably would be a problem but if he can play center, having a big center like that would be sweet

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
They are very different players

Both are good, I don’t see why they have to be compared just because Tavares used to be captain.

I believe their totals are being compared because all summer certain fans insisted that Tavares had nobody to play with in New York, and that guys like Lee and Bailey were a product of how super awesome Tavares is.

The fact Lee (and to an extent, Bailey) are still producing without Tavares kind of disproves that myth.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I don't know if you made this up or if you actually listen to the dumbest "analysts" out there, but just looking at his eliteprospects page, Lee has gone PPG in the following years at the level listed:

06-07 High School (41 in 31)
07-08 High School (43 in 25)
08-09 High School (66 in 25)
08-09 HS Elite League (29 in 18)
09-10 USHL (66 in 59)
10-11 NCAA (44 in 44)
12-13 NHL (2 in 2, not exactly a huge sample size)
14-15 AHL (5 in 5, again only a brief stint)
16-17 World Championships (8 in 8)
and now so far in 18-19 NHL (11 in 10)

He also would have led the Leafs in goals last year.

He also just turned 28 and had the best season of his career so "exiting his scoring prime" is a bold statement.

And all of this ignores that none of what you and the Toronto blowhard media have "deemed noteworthy" has anything to do with whether he'd make a good captain.
bu bu but top analysts said it's fact he hasnt been a ppg player :laugh:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Starting to believe Tavares is more a product of Marner given his production away from PPG players in Bailey and Lee..

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Fake News

Laughs fans on HFboards told me Lee is a product of Tavares even after Isles fans proved that JT only assisted on a minority of his goals last year.

We should probably wait to see the numbers a little later in the season. NYI has the worst High Danger Chances for in the league, but they are very opportunistic. We aren't sure yet how that will stabilize.

The only thing I ask of Lee is that he doesn't turn out to be a fake or a traitorous snake.

Hey, thanks for the snek! He's awesome :)

1 degree of separation from the Leafs. Naturally.

Seems to be other fans or Isles fans bringing up JT more than Leaf fans.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm convinced Shannon Hogan also has a Lee poster on her wall.

(Islanders pre / post-game and in between periods host)

Haha. We did used to joke at how they were secretly dating.

I just pray his contract extension is digestible, more in term rather than dollars. I'd be thrilled if it's 5 years, but I don't think that's realistic. Might be more in line with Kane's 7 year term and that scares me.

As the new C, he is a great choice. He's a legit power forward, a dying breed. As long as his body holds together, he's going to score a ton of greasy goals. He is built like Thor so maybe he doesn't decline off a cliff after 30.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018

Agreed. I am sick of all the Tavares talk, let’s save it for when the isles and leafs play.

Lee is a great player, I am glad that he is captain. Hopefully he resigns, he looks better than last year

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Haha. We did used to joke at how they were secretly dating.

I just pray his contract extension is digestible, more in term rather than dollars. I'd be thrilled if it's 5 years, but I don't think that's realistic. Might be more in line with Kane's 7 year term and that scares me.

As the new C, he is a great choice. He's a legit power forward, a dying breed. As long as his body holds together, he's going to score a ton of greasy goals. He is built like Thor so maybe he doesn't decline off a cliff after 30.

If I were Isles fans, I'd look at what Hornqvist re-signed with the Pens for. That should be roughly the ideal price and term for what that type of player is worth.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
We should probably wait to see the numbers a little later in the season. NYI has the worst High Danger Chances for in the league, but they are very opportunistic. We aren't sure yet how that will stabilize.

Hey, thanks for the snek! He's awesome :)

Tavares is going to get shit (rightfully so) from islander fans until he retires so best to learn how to deal with it.

Reactions: PopaneNightscare

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I would be over the moon with 5-years and $5.3M, but I think Lee's camp will point to JVR and Kane's $7M as the target.

It might not ultimately have an effect, but I think the difference is those two signed as UFAs with new teams (or in Kane's case, a relatively new team) they had little to no ties with prior. Hornqvist (and now Lee) might not have gone for every dollar because of the whole loyalty/comfort thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00