Islanders name Anders Lee captain

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I don't know if you made this up or if you actually listen to the dumbest "analysts" out there, but just looking at his eliteprospects page, Lee has gone PPG in the following years at the level listed:

06-07 High School (41 in 31)
07-08 High School (43 in 25)
08-09 High School (66 in 25)
08-09 HS Elite League (29 in 18)
09-10 USHL (66 in 59)
10-11 NCAA (44 in 44)
12-13 NHL (2 in 2, not exactly a huge sample size)
14-15 AHL (5 in 5, again only a brief stint)
16-17 World Championships (8 in 8)
and now so far in 18-19 NHL (11 in 10)

He also would have led the Leafs in goals last year.

He also just turned 28 and had the best season of his career so "exiting his scoring prime" is a bold statement.

And all of this ignores that none of what you and the Toronto blowhard media have "deemed noteworthy" has anything to do with whether he'd make a good captain.
He also did a lot of hockey while played football weekly prior to college. When you can handle both sports well plus having sufficient academic marks to get to college and finish your degree, it says a lot about his commitment to what he does. He also have his own personal charity and dedicated a lot time for it as well so he still does do a lot both on and off ice. Very deserving to be a captain. Hope he will resign with Isles and keep on giving to the organization.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Love Lee’s approach to captaining so far, he appears to be taking his new responsibilities seriously. Good player and good community guy

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I thought Tavares played "with nobody" on New York, how come they're so productive without him? Barzal has stepped in and replaced Tavares with ease.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
I thought Tavares played "with nobody" on New York, how come they're so productive without him? Barzal has stepped in and replaced Tavares with ease.
Lee and bailey arent even playing with barzal. They been with brock nelson!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Trotz plays Ladd a lot and I feel LL must like him. If he's that bad why not just bench him?

5 yrs left on a $5.5m per contract.

Too much term and dollars left to simply bench Ladd.
Gotta try to get as much contribution as possible out of him.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Nelson is really the one that has stepped up. In years past he had played much better on the wing but thus far early in the season he’s been solid st center. It is Broctober though so with Nelson he’s always really good in the beginning of the year.

I don’t think you can replace a #1 Center with ease. I’d rather have both to be honest. The main difference on the islanders this year is the coaching. Trotz knows what he’s doing and has the isles playing sound defensively and very structured full 60 min games.

Reactions: Medvescak

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Obviously the type that quits on his team halfway through the season and then bails on July 1st

Our record with Judas through 10 games last was 5-4-1. Our record this year without Judas after 10 games is 5-4-1 minus the 11 million contract. We didn't make the playoffs the last 2 seasons and we can certainly miss it without him but I would rather use the 11 million paid to a worthy captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad