Islanders name Anders Lee captain

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
It might not ultimately have an effect, but I think the difference is those two signed as UFAs with new teams (or in Kane's case, a relatively new team) they had little to no ties with prior. Hornqvist (and now Lee) might not have gone for every dollar because of the whole loyalty/comfort thing.
I'd be thrilled with anything 6 years or less and an AAV starting with a 6

Something like 7x7M makes me uncomfortable, but I'd be good with 6x6M or 5x7M type deals

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I'd be thrilled with anything 6 years or less and an AAV starting with a 6

Something like 7x7M makes me uncomfortable, but I'd be good with 6x6M or 5x7M type deals
He wants to be here, and he is worth the investment. Get comfortable with the idea that Lee is going to be an Islander for a while.
We have a Captain who bleeds orange and blue, finally!

Reactions: sabremike

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
We should probably wait to see the numbers a little later in the season. NYI has the worst High Danger Chances for in the league, but they are very opportunistic. We aren't sure yet how that will stabilize..

Can we begin admitting, maybe, that Anders Lee has a high shooting percentage for good reasons. (Reasons: he's an ox, he shoots from the slot, and he has slick hands.) I don't think he'll score 40 this year, but (barring injury) he'll score 30.

What's interesting about Lee's play this year is that without Tavares, he's rounded out his game. 6 ES assists lately is way over his pace.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Can we begin admitting, maybe, that Anders Lee has a high shooting percentage for good reasons. (Reasons: he's an ox, he shoots from the slot, and he has slick hands.) I don't think he'll score 40 this year, but (barring injury) he'll score 30.

What's interesting about Lee's play this year is that without Tavares, he's rounded out his game. 6 ES assists lately is way over his pace.

NHL players get pigeon holed way too often. Just because you are known as a goal scorer doesn't mean you can't be an adept play maker (and vice versa). The vast majority of above-average NHL players have good all around skills and can adapt to a variety of different roles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad