Islanders name Anders Lee captain

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
??? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?

I thought Bailey was the obvious choice??????

122499.jpg

Reactions: SantaClaus

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
That's outta left field. Not a star player and I never really saw him as a leader

Not out of left field, either him or Bailey were the top choices and why isn't he a star player? 74 goals in the last two years.. I think Ovi and like Kucherov only have more? Maybe Taresenko or Laine I forget.

EDIT:
Ovi 82
Laine 80
Kucherov 79
Malkin 75
Lee 74

The man is the best in the league in front of the net.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
We’ve heard for a while from those that cover the team that Lee is a legitmate leader, for those who aren’t Islanders fans.

If they were going to name a Captain this season (which no one was expecting) it was going to be Lee.

This could mean that he’s close to signing an extension, as Arthur Staple did report his agent Neil Sheehy was in town last week to meet with GMLL.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Not out of left field, either him or Bailey were the top choices and why isn't he a star player? 74 goals in the last two years.. I think Ovi and like Kucherov only have more? Maybe Taresenko or Laine I forget.

He's been very productive but I don't consider him a star player or one of the better players in the league. Idk, this is semantics anyway

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
in this thread : Hf posters think they know who the leader in the islanders dressing room is.

You don't have to be the best player on the team to be captain. Hes a damn good player anyway. Not sure what the issue is.

And what do you know about the Islander's dressing room again?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
As someone who has followed him since HS, I am not at all surprised. He oozes intangibles, can score with the best, and is a physical beast who won't back down from anybody. As another local star athlete said of him, " He's a winner".

Reactions: Bronson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->