Injury Report: Islanders Injuries (Latest: Grabo to IR, the Mallrat called up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
I really like Grabo in the lineup. This will hurt us a little without him in the lineup. But to have Colin McDonald and Cizikas in the lineup is exactly what we need for the playoffs. Grabner looking like he is back to his old self. Lets hope it sticks.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Soooooo....if Grabovski is out, does that mean we see the return of our buddy Conacher? Zeeker can't come back to the lineup until the 23rd since he was put on IR retroactive to the 16th, which means someones gotta get called up for the 2 games this weekend

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Soooooo....if Grabovski is out, does that mean we see the return of our buddy Conacher? Zeeker can't come back to the lineup until the 23rd since he was put on IR retroactive to the 16th, which means someones gotta get called up for the 2 games this weekend

We are short 2 centers which means either they move Strome to center or they call up a center. Maybe they can look at dressing 7 defensemen

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
We are short 2 centers which means either they move Strome to center or they call up a center. Maybe they can look at dressing 7 defensemen

True....maybe deHaan can get back into the line-up. If they do this though, who do you double shift for C duties? JT, Strome, Nelson or Franz?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
[/B]

True....maybe deHaan can get back into the line-up. If they do this though, who do you double shift for C duties? JT, Strome, Nelson or Franz?

They were rotating tonight. You rotate the centers 1, 2, 3 and the lines 1, 2, 3, 4...and so at some point each center will play with every set of wings. You can try to set lines a little bit using commercial breaks and whatnot.

Also, if we call anyone up, it'd like be Harry Zalphabet and not Conacher.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Sounds like there will be a call up once Grabbo is placed on IR:

Has he been better than Sundstrom? Looks like they want a center to keep everyone else in place I guess.

Nevermind, checked the stats myself...and the answer is...Yes! Yes! Yes!

Keyserfrans

Feb 14, 2015
Shannon Hogan ‏@Shannon_Hogan 16m16 minutes ago
Islanders Transaction: Mikhail Grabovski has been placed on the team's IR list.Kael Mouillierat has been recalled on emergency basis. #Isles

Thoughts?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Shannon Hogan ‏@Shannon_Hogan 16m16 minutes ago
Islanders Transaction: Mikhail Grabovski has been placed on the team's IR list.Kael Mouillierat has been recalled on emergency basis. #Isles

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that his name is harder to spell than Harry Zalphabet's.

Assuming he plays, this will be his first NHL game, right? If he does in fact play, who will be the scratches, healthy or otherwise? With the injuries mounting, I can't keep track of who is or isn't on IR. Obviously Donovan is scratched - who else is on the active roster now?

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008

Assuming he plays, this will be his first NHL game, right? If he does in fact play, who will be the scratches, healthy or otherwise? With the injuries mounting, I can't keep track of who is or isn't on IR. Obviously Donovan is scratched - who else is on the active roster now?

de Haan and I'm pretty sure that is it. I think we have only been rolling with 22.

Okposo, Grabo, and Cizikas are on IR.

Keyserfrans

Feb 14, 2015

Boulton(Has he played this season?), Okposo, Cizikas and now Grabowski are on IR.

If he plays it will be his first ever NHL game, He's got ok stats from AHL and leads Bpt this year in points....
Looks like we only have 12 fresh forwards atm?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
so our lineup looks as follows:

Lee - JT - Bailey
Grabner - Nielsen - Strome
Kulemin - Nelson - Clutter
Martin - Kael - CMac

Not ideal but it will have to do. Its 3/4 through the season - need to expect injuries like these to pile up. Zalphabet passed the test - hopefully Kael will as well.

Nuch3232

Nov 22, 2013
Long Island
I agree.

They put Cizikas on the IR back on 2/16, so I think he should be back by Tuesday's game, no? I could be wrong. When he comes back, just plug him back on the 4th line.

Brock has played better in his last two so hopefully that carries over and he can start to step it up.

Smash255

Oct 22, 2003
Farmingdale
none.com
I agree.

They put Cizikas on the IR back on 2/16, so I think he should be back by Tuesday's game, no? I could be wrong. When he comes back, just plug him back on the 4th line.

Brock has played better in his last two so hopefully that carries over and he can start to step it up.

Correct, Cizikas can't play either game this weekend, but if he is healthy can play Tuesday

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I assume they want a center so Mall Rat has been recalled on an emergency basis.

I would have preferred Harry Z, I just like his hustle and style of play slightly better, but I guess they are tossing MallRat a bone, and an NHL game check or two, this time.

All I know is that we must follow our ABC's - Anybody But Conacher!

If it is possible, he has been even more useless with the BST than he was when he was with the Isles.

I fear that if we called him up he would collide with Tavares in a pregame skate, hit Boychuk in the face with an errant shot or somehow infect the entire team with bird flu and derail the Isles season.

Leave him in the AHL.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
League needs to do what NFL does and start fining teams for not reporting injuries, I mean seriously the dude has a concussion just effing tell us that, teams aren't going to go around in 6 weeks shooting pucks at his head because they know that

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
League needs to do what NFL does and start fining teams for not reporting injuries, I mean seriously the dude has a concussion just effing tell us that, teams aren't going to go around in 6 weeks shooting pucks at his head because they know that

It's part of the CBA. The union doesn't want these disclosed as it may hurt a player in contract negotiations where management deems them less valuable due to a chronic injury.

And yeah, not having the opposition target the injured area...

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Why do YOU care?

You ask that every time someone complains about this. Obviously people care! We invest an inordinate time in the irrational act of watching sports. It's totally normal to want to know what injuries guys on the team suffered, a possible time-table for their return, etc. In addition, just as a human being, it's reasonable to be invested in whether or not teams are handling concussions properly given what we now know the potential costs to be. We don't all view these guys as replaceable laundry.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Moullierat is playing well in the A and is one of the teams highest scorers.

Unfortunately, Halmo is only bottom 3 and he's also not a centre....plus he's not much of a scorer.

Sunstrom is really not improving. I don't know if he has hit his ceiling or something else has hindered his development. It's a shame, but right now, the top scorers are:

Quine, Mouillerat, McDonald and ZolWTF, so I figure the team wants every opportunity to call up a new guy to see what they can do instead of having a mystery call up down the road and have no clue what to expect.

I am pretty sure Quine is the next call up...

I know we make fun of Conacher, but MAYBE we can help him develop. The kid has the best "tools" in the A I think. He just doesn't have a toolbox to put them in.

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
I would keep Nelson on the "4th line". The past 2 games Nelson showed more on the 4th line than he has in the past 25.

The real 4th line is Kulemin-Moullierat- Cowardbuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad