HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Barron seems like a type of player that will follow the Jeff Petry development path. I think he has the tools to figure things out , I don't think the org will have the time to see it happen though , with other guys knocking at the door.

Lanky guy that skates well but is a bit awkward, he needs to work on his reads and processing power because the tools are definitely there
With less than 100 NHL games it would be a shame to give up on him this quickly.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
With less than 100 NHL games it would be a shame to give up on him this quickly.
If you’re getting fair value for him in a deal, are you really losing out? Would you not rather the team invests in an asset it trusts/ needs more? We have too many Ds as it is.

Management pulled their offer???? Pretty much a sign that Brind'Amour will have to test free agency.
« Management » aka Dundon strong arm pettiness tactics.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
My predictions for Western conference are pretty spot on so far. I had said:

Edmonton in 5. I think they end it tonight
Colorado in 5. Got it right
Vancouver in 6. Still sticking to it
Vegas in 6. This is the toughest matchup of course, but I suspect Vegas bounces back for game 5 and wins, and ends up winning in either 6 or 7.

I see Edmonton going all the way this year, and winning out the Western Conference.

As for East, I had said:

Rangers easily over Caps. I thought Caps might put up a bit of a fight and steal a game or two, but outcome was never in doubt, Capitals is not a good roster.
Emotions had me pulling for Patrick Roy and NYI, but I figured Carolina would win, so no surprise there
I had predicted Tampa - I really thought their core had one more big run, so definitely misread that one.
I also said Toronto would win. Would still love to see that happen. Both because I hate Boston, and because Toronto doing well in playoffs would by wildly entertaining to follow, a bit like a trainwreck.

My ideal finals matchup is Toronto vs Edmonton, with McDavid sweeping cup + smythe (and possibly challenging Gretzky's single playoff run record of 47 points).

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Kraken should swoop in and pick up Rod Brind'amour before the Leafs do it after this series.

Reactions: Tyson

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Barron seems like a type of player that will follow the Jeff Petry development path. I think he has the tools to figure things out , I don't think the org will have the time to see it happen though , with other guys knocking at the door.

Lanky guy that skates well but is a bit awkward, he needs to work on his reads and processing power because the tools are definitely there

His reads are terrible, though. He takes way too long to decide what to do with the puck in defensive zone. He holds it so long he gets checked, coughs up the puck on a turnover then usually a goal against us occurs.

If we can use him to get a young forward or to move up in 1st round from Winnipeg Jets' pick, we should do it.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
His reads are terrible, though. He takes way too long to decide what to do with the puck in defensive zone. He holds it so long he gets checked, coughs up the puck on a turnover then usually a goal against us occurs.

If we can use him to get a young forward or to move up in 1st round from Winnipeg Jets' pick, we should do it.
I think he's just a victim of circumstance. More time in the ahl and id gladly keep him in the plans but because of his waivers status we might as well deal him because of pragmatic reasons but also because that is the actual reason for his needing to be dealt. He'll fetch a better return than some think because GMs won't be considering him a bust. Package him with WPGs 1st and move up/add a young forward

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

I would tend to agree, but I would like to see if we can pump his value up a bit more before moving him. Does anybody expect us to go with a RD corps of Rein/Mailloux/Barron? That's pretty young. If they have high confidence in the first two, the third one is bait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad