Injury Report: Islanders Injuries (Latest: Grabo to IR, the Mallrat called up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I try to quell my grammar criticisms as much as I can, but I thought you should know that you just said he'll have a big year unless he's healthy at the start.

Haha thanks. :p:

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Thank God they called up McDonald and Harry Z and left Conacher at the Bridge. I watched him last night and he was utterly worthless on the ice. His game might have regressed even more than when he was with the Isles - if that is even possible.

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
What a rough couple of seasons for Grabner :shakehead

I guess. He's got a kid, a bunch more tatoos, and about 9M in the bank to show for it.

Feared he's a take the money and run player.... and he appears to be. I'm sure he's not getting injured on purpose, but I never got the feeling he was a guy who was committed to his craft.

Don't know him, could be completely wrong. Just my gut instinct.

Got his large contract after one breakthrough season and hasn't built on it since.

Ashame.

Never to be confused with a great passer, but speed is the biggest asset in the NHL. Could have been a top flight PKer and dangerous winger. Went from 2-3 breakaways a game 3 seasons ago to not so much.

Couldn't have been luck, could it?

Nuch3232

Nov 22, 2013
Long Island
You can teach speed, but if he had any finish to his game he could be a dangerous player. Very dangerous. Just seems off to me as well.

It sounds like he is committed and has a good relationship but IDK. COuld be bitten by the bug, just a little too much tho. My gut tells me he may be the piece moved if and when the Isles make a deal.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
I guess. He's got a kid, a bunch more tatoos, and about 9M in the bank to show for it.

Feared he's a take the money and run player.... and he appears to be. I'm sure he's not getting injured on purpose, but I never got the feeling he was a guy who was committed to his craft.

Don't know him, could be completely wrong. Just my gut instinct.

Got his large contract after one breakthrough season and hasn't built on it since.

Ashame.

Never to be confused with a great passer, but speed is the biggest asset in the NHL. Could have been a top flight PKer and dangerous winger. Went from 2-3 breakaways a game 3 seasons ago to not so much.

Couldn't have been luck, could it?

you are completely wrong IMO. He works like a madman in the off season, speed like that has to be earned. He is on pace for 25 goals /82 games for his career, while he hasnt been able to reproduce the success of his rookie season that really isnt bad for a guy averaging like 14 mins/game (playing with greats like pre-breakout okposo, reasoner, regin and nielsen) and no pp time.

For a guy who cost nothing, grabs sure gets a lot of flack around here. He has shown to be injury prone, but that is simply not predictable and could happen to any of our players.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
New York IslandersVerified account
‏@NYIslanders Capuano: Bumps and bruises for Grabner and Clutterbuck. Nothing serious. The two of them and Calvin de Haan each skated this morning. #Isles

Good news.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Does anyone have a pic of how bad de Haan was cut? I remember feeling my heart sink when I saw that skate go up and clip Calvin.

Honestly, I almost snapped that it happened right in front of the ref and the red didn't blow the play dead immediately.

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
www.beyondthetestprep.com
o5q936.jpg
Current Injured Players:

flashing-red-siren.gif
2v9vhpv.jpg
xub84.jpg
r8tbfk.jpg
2zfmrle.jpg
2dgqbuo.jpg
rh0hgw.jpg
flashing-red-siren.gif

Injuries as pictured:
de Haan - Clutterbuck - Grabner - Okposo - Boulton - Carkner

Latest News:

de Haan

Clutterbuck

Grabner- IR

Okposo - Upper Body Out 6-8 Weeks

Boulton - Sent to IR

Carkner - on IR, back surgery -Season likely done (Nov. 1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am trying to keep this updated as best as possible. If you hear news of an injury please post it and I will update the main post

Pretty sure that is the most people we've had injured at one time this year. Sounds like we'll be getting a few guys back soon though.

BroadwayJay*

wow check out CdH's eye in this pic. Looks like it was a close call

Is it weird that Matty Donovan and Cal de Haan are wearing the exact same grey button down?

I wear a suit every day and I don't even own a grey button-down. How do TWO guys have the exact same grey button down?!?

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Is it weird that Matty Donovan and Cal de Haan are wearing the exact same grey button down?

I wear a suit every day and I don't even own a grey button-down. How do TWO guys have the exact same grey button down?!?

Lol, and they appear to be wearing matching black hats as well, right? Maybe one of them is passing his hand-me-downs to the other?

But that makes two of us. I wear a suit almost every day, maybe mixing in the occasional sweater when it is really cold outside, and I do not have one drab, grey dress shirt in my wardrobe, like the two they are sporting.

Of course I also do not want to be mistaken for a 1950's door-to-door vacuum salesman either. They look like two guys who show up on your doorstep and ask, "Have you found salvation yet?" ;)

BroadwayJay*

Lol, and they appear to be wearing matching black hats as well, right? Maybe one of them is passing his hand-me-downs to the other?

But that makes two of us. I wear a suit almost every day, maybe mixing in the occasional sweater when it is really cold outside, and I do not have one drab, grey dress shirt in my wardrobe, like the two they are sporting.

Of course I also do not want to be mistaken for a 1950's door-to-door vacuum salesman either. They look like two guys who show up on your doorstep and ask, "Have you found salvation yet?" ;)

LOL indeed. Perhaps this is some kind of hazing ritual? What other explanation can be given to that wardrobe decision?

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Clutter? Keep Cmac with Martin and Casey. Move Clutterbuck up.

Agreed if CC is indeed returning. CMac is serviceable in the role and he worked hard with the BST to get back to the NHL (even if it is just for a handful of games). Again I am very thankful they did not recall Conacher. He was useless, when he wasn't scoring goals, for the BST in the games I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad