Post-Game Talk: Islanders in Ottawa, tonight 7:30

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Tierney has 1 point/goal in last 9 games without stone, duchene, and dzingel

We missed our chance to sell high. Stone and Duchene should have been moved weeks before the deadline so our understaffed front office could focus on selling the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) tier pieces at the deadline.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Kinda confused how Tierney got to this level to be honest, he always looks absolutely gassed and his effort almost always looks like he does the minimal required .. I'm obviously wrong and he is skilled and all but jeeeebus he can be frustrating player to watch.

As for these past games with Crawford, not sure what to make of it but it's way more pleasing as a casual fan to watch.. more aggresive and less standing around looking confused.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Dang. He's got a pretty good thing going in London though, so not sure I blame him.

The Hunters don't need the $$$, so they can be pretty choosy about where they go and what they do in hockey.

As for last night's game, I was impressed with our effort and the way we are supporting the puck. Thought we deserved a better fate, TBH. That winning goal was butt ugly, and was the direct result of - surprise! - a garbage turnover from Zack Smith. 15, 74 and 5 are just boat anchors out there - the kids and the newcomers are playing fairly well. (Oh, and Ben Harpur is not an NHL defenceman either - we've learned that.)

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That's a real low standard to hold him to, though.

"Hey honey, your meatloaf doesn't taste like literal dog poop! Good job!"

Sadly this sounds like meatloaf at my place. I love meatloaf. Its one of my favourites and my wife to her credit is a pretty good cook but her meatloaf....but i decided from the getgo if she cooks, i eat, and thank her for the effort.

Reactions: chipsens

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Hunters would be great in Ottawa as a GM & HC & Dale Hunter could beat the crap out of EM every time he opens his mouth & says something really stupid. They are also really good with younger players & have developed good young players for over a decade now & it wouldn't surprise me if a number of x-players would like to come here to play for them again. Dorian would have to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad