Post-Game Talk: Islanders in Ottawa, tonight 7:30

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Ceci has had an overall decent game today but I don't get his shot selections sometimes. No traffic in front. Throws a wrister to the goalies crest.
No he was bad
Too slow with the puck and often making the wrong decisions with it

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
White with 2 big faceoff wins against Cyzikas ... Not sure if he won another faceoff all night.. but won 2 when it might have counted.

3rd goal by the Isles was BS fluke crap

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
On the bright side, we actually played a solid game. They got a couple of their goals off fortunate bounces, this was a game that could have easily been a W.

Ceci had a really strong game on both ends of the ice. Still has trouble getting shots through from the point though.
I liked Balcers' game.
Wolanin looked like our best dman or a close second

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
On the bright side, we actually played a solid game. They got a couple of their goals off fortunate bounces, this was a game that could have easily been a W.

Ceci had a really strong game on both ends of the ice. Still has trouble getting shots through from the point though.
I liked Balcers' game.

Ceci had one of his better games ..still had tunnel vision on a couple plays but I think he and Wolanin played off each other pretty well and didn't just get buried in their own end shift after shift which was good.

I like Balcers game too.. He needs a playmaking c ; He has a great release and isn't getting a lot of chances to use it. He has shown really good compete level both ways. Good speed and nice hands.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So Smith is on the ice for empty net rather Duclair?

Smith is obviously Crow's goto guy... Boro on with 2 minutes to go down by 1 ... vs putting Chabot out boggles my mind... any competitive Peewee coach would have had Chabot go

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I really think if Craw had given a little more than 18:30 mins of toi to Smith he would have scored eventually. That's our problem right there.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I liked Balcers' game.

We've been lucky to face a team that's playing really badly lately. We're still losing though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We've been lucky to face a team that's playing really badly lately. We're still losing though.
That's fine, at this point it's not about wins and loses, it's about development, and the players are developing. Balcers looks to be gaining confidence. He could use a playmaking center though. Wolanin is really coming into his own. Tkachuk is always involved and making things happen.

There are lots of reasons to complain about this team; how they played tonight isn't really one of them.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Lindberg looked good today. Hopefully he builds on his game from today and does well getting a bigger role on this team then he did in Vegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad