Post-Game Talk: Islanders Defeat Flyers 6-1

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I really don't blame them. When you are scared to make mistakes you get poor performance. If you expect to get your ice time cut when making mistake your probably playing scared.

Hell, look at the f***ing articles being written...

... It's astounding, really. The entire team looks like the walking dead. The #2 overall pick is getting passed over by f***ing Torgo. The core veterans have visibly quit on the coach. We don't take shots closer than the blueline. Fans are clamoring for a firing. Yet, that is the article going up? Mind blowing. This whole operation is a clown show. Hakstol is the ultimate f***ing coward.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
... It's astounding, really. The entire team looks like the walking dead. The #2 overall pick is getting passed over by ****ing Torgo. The core veterans have visibly quit on the coach. We don't take shots closer than the blueline. Fans are clamoring for a firing. Yet, that is the article going up? Mind blowing. This whole operation is a clown show. Hakstol is the ultimate ****ing coward.

vM79RBr.gif

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
I really don't blame them. When you are scared to make mistakes you get poor performance. If you expect to get your ice time cut when making mistake you're probably playing scared.

Well, I'm just not sure that Lindblom is really an NHL player at the moment. He's pretty raw.

Patrick is a mystery to me. I hope he improves.

But I will agree with you about Sanheim. They have completely botched his integration into the team, and his minutes are a joke.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Yup, got 2 tickets lower level for 38 bucks to Avs game. All together it was like 95 for the two of them after fees. And they wanted 100 each from official website.
Again, another story to make me feel like a sucker paying full price during the season opener. Someone post that Barstool link again about the Flyers owing us (the Fans) an apology.

Barstool Sports

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
They are on a downward slope and the wheels are coming off.

Even Hextall as stubborn he may be has to realize that this team needs to be shaken up.
I fear he might be too biased towards keeping his buddy behind the bench that he will rather opt going the trade route and I f***ing hated all trades he pulled so far. Draft picks and cap dumps for roster players won't do it this time. Not for me.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
It seems our best players have become a mediocre bunch. At the same time our talents appear not to have it in them. If Hakstol follows the advice of the majority here it fails big time just as when he does the opposite.

The question is: Are all of our top players playing against the head coach to get rid of him? Or are too many of them coming out of a season where they have been overachieving?

What I don't buy is that just throwing in all young guns will automatically change everything. What I don't buy either is that Hakstol destroys all talent in the stock.

Last edited:

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010

Even Hextall as stubborn he may be has to realize that this team needs to be shaken up.
I fear he might be too biased towards keeping his buddy behind the bench that he will rather opt going the trade route and I ****ing hated all trades he pulled so far. Draft picks and cap dumps for roster players won't do it this time. Not for me.
The best thing for this franchise is complete failure. It’s the only thing to shake Hextall out of his malaise and make the necessary changes. I hope Hakstol is kept on in December so there isn’t some kind of miracle turnaround where this team sneaks into the last playoff spot again only to getter rolled in the first round.

Big changes are needed and unfortunately with the current management it will only happen with a big embarrassment of a season.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hell, look at the ****ing articles being written...

... It's astounding, really. The entire team looks like the walking dead. The #2 overall pick is getting passed over by ****ing Torgo. The core veterans have visibly quit on the coach. We don't take shots closer than the blueline. Fans are clamoring for a firing. Yet, that is the article going up? Mind blowing. This whole operation is a clown show. Hakstol is the ultimate ****ing coward.

kGAOLus.jpg

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Most of their tickets for the year were already sold on their end in full season ticket packages. You wouldn’t be able to hit them in wallet really until it’s time to renew for next year.

They’re still selling out or coming close to in paid attendance every game so far.

Yeah, I didn’t think of that with the STH base already buying all 41 games

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So if I have this right, the same coach who turned this team around to become one of the hottest teams in the league from December onward last year, despite awful goaltending, is the reason the same team (with JVR out) with the same scheme totally sucks now.

Something doesn't compute.

As far as playing "tight", afraid to make a mistake, if a team feels that way in October, what hope do they have in the playoffs when there is real pressure under any coach? A pro athlete who can't handle pressure doesn't have much of a future.

Reactions: DaphneLion

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

I fear he might be too biased towards keeping his buddy behind the bench that he will rather opt going the trade route and I ****ing hated all trades he pulled so far. Draft picks and cap dumps for roster players won't do it this time. Not for me.

Those were the trades you make at the beginning of a rebuild.
Now you make the trades Shero made, 2nd tier prospects and 2nd and 3rd rd picks for young, NHL ready players.
And move up some of the veterans to shake up the clubhouse.
If you just fire the coach, they'll ignore the next coach.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
So, if I have this right, a coach who's team is collapsing around him, can only come up with 'sack up' in an attempt to fix what's wrong with the team. Never mind that the Flyers have the worst PK unit and defense in the league, the best he can come up with to attempt to fix things is sack up.

Never mind that the PK has been in the bottom third of the league going on five years running and never mind that the assistant in charge of coaching the defense only has two years of a 15 year career in which his defenses finished in the top 10.

So, no defense, no PK, and yet the Flyers are god awful. Something doesn't compute.

In terms of playing tight, their defense and PK indicates that they aren't playing tight. If they were, they wouldn't be as bad as they are. Instead, we see a team that's defeated and deflated and nothing changes other than the lines and who the next scape goat is by the coaching staff.

See, that's called good coaching because that absolves any sort of responsibility for what's taking place on the ice and means that someone else is to blame for things.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
The game yesterday I saw the islanders anticipating the pass back to the point with two guys and the last three clogging the middle down low. It looked like that’s what they were told to do. It’s been the same for a bit now. The flyers didn’t really adjust. They did have a to. Of bad bounces. But they also seemed to look beaten once the other team scored.

I saw a team and individuals busting out there. They aren’t just being lazy. There is a problem. If teams figured out how to stop the system. Adjust it. But it was clear as day the other team knew what they were going to do. Same with the pp. and pk as well.

Jumbled lines are not adjustments. In fact. That look stupid. And desperate by the coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00