Post-Game Talk: Islanders Defeat Flyers 6-1

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You know it’s bad when Laughton is being touted as the bright spot and he has the second worst Corsi of anyone to play every game behind Simmonds.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
If Hextall doesn't sack up and fire Hak, he needs to be gone too. There's too much complacency in this organization and if he's not prepared to make a change, he's not the man for the job. If I'm ownership, I'm sitting down with Hextall and telling him to give me his plan right then and there, and that it better include gutting the coaching staff.

Magua

Clutchest Genes to Ever Gene
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
iuZvGZx.gif

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
An unassisted Jori Lehtera goal is the only tally for the Flyers in the last two games. Let that one sink in.

Unassisted by a 4th liner, over 2 games? I would think this shows chaos and little to no system or structure whatsoever, but maybe its the players and their damn youth.

Oh and better goalies of course.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Will not being watching another game for a while. Not even enjoyable watching when they win. Such a boring uninspired team. No passion, no hard work, terrible representation of the city. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. To think that we spend our hard earned money supporting this product is asinine. Enough is enough and it’s time for a change. If Hexy doesn’t make one than Holmgren has to step in and do so.

I love the flyers and will always love the flyers but they’re really testing that lately.

Bleed orange

Mar 28, 2013
Let me preface this by saying that Hakstol absolutely should be fired.

That being said, I know the popular thing around here is to pile on deadead, but one thing he has a point about is that the vet players on this team are not getting it done at the moment. I love Giroux, Coots, Voracek, Simmonds etc. as much as the next flyers fan, but they are not getting it done right now. I don’t know if a coaching change will get them going. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t. That’s for hextall to decide. I just don’t think the players, the leaders and vets of this team specifically, should be absolved I’d blame just because of a terrible coaching staff. Everyone is dog sh*t right now.

That being said, it’s a lot easier to fire a coach mid season than it is to fire the players, so Hak and his staff need to GTFO

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The spotlight is firmly on Hextall right now. That’s what happens to a GM when you keep getting embarrassed in your own building.

Let me preface this by saying that Hakstol absolutely should be fired.

That being said, I know the popular thing around here is to pile on deadead, but one thing he has a point about is that the vet players on this team are not getting it done at the moment. I love Giroux, Coots, Voracek, Simmonds etc. as much as the next flyers fan, but they are not getting it done right now. I don’t know if a coaching change will get them going. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t. That’s for hextall to decide. I just don’t think the players, the leaders and vets of this team specifically, should be absolved I’d blame just because of a terrible coaching staff. Everyone is dog sh*t right now.

That being said, it’s a lot easier to fire a coach mid season than it is to fire the players, so Hak and his staff need to GTFO

Deadhead wanted them to trade Voracek and Ghost in December because Hak managed to conjure up a 10 game losing streak. He’ll always blame the team’s best players over the coach, even when they are performing well.

Bleed orange

Mar 28, 2013
The spotlight is firmly on Hextall right now. That’s what happens to a GM when you keep getting embarrassed in your own building.

Deadhead wanted them to trade Voracek and Ghost in December because Hak managed to conjure up a 10 game losing streak. He’ll always blame the team’s best players over the coach, even when they are performing well.
I agree deadhead takes it to the extreme. Trading Ghost would be idiotic. I wouldn’t actively try to trade voracek, but if a team wants to overpay I would listen. Hakstol and the coaching staff are the biggest issue with this team I agree, I just don’t think the players are blameless because of the coaching staff

Reactions: DaphneLion

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The logistics are bad for a hak firing. THis road trip saved him
You're probably right. Now they're probably going to win 1-2 games in California and nothing will change.

This season is lost already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->