Post-Game Talk: Islanders Defeat Flyers 6-1

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
If a coach is willing to throw a 21 year old to the wolves publicly, imagine what he is like behind closed doors. Could that possibly indicate a reason for all the young players looking extremely tentative.

Is it more likely that they are all extremely tentative out there, and a bit soft. Or is their confidence being underminded by one individual who can directly effect their confidence?

We all agree. Hakstol brings nothing whatseover, and it seems very likely he's actually impacting the young players in a direct, negative way.

I am annoyed by the man, but it's Hextall who brought the disease to this town. Every day Brett's Coach is behind the bench is another day Hextall is giving us all the finger.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Nolan Patrick got bumped in favor of Jori Lehtera today and no one is even talking about it.

Take a step back and ponder that for a second.

Look how desensitized we are at this point! Barely an eye is batted. We've been conditioned to just expect crap like this to happen. Oh my god.

This is what it's come to.

The Flyers are so ****ed up.

Patrick f***ing sucks right now. Fire Hakshit

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
If a coach is willing to throw a 21 year old to the wolves publicly, imagine what he is like behind closed doors. Could that possibly indicate a reason for all the young players looking extremely tentative.

Is it more likely that they are all extremely tentative out there, and a bit soft. Or is their confidence being underminded by one individual who can directly effect their confidence?

A week ago I commented that I thought TK looked a little shaky and speculated that Hakstol was affecting his confidence.

But I got attacked by the leader of the clique here. "How dare you say TK may not be playing great" I guess he interpreted that as me defending hakstol in some way.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We are feeling terrible tonight, but imagine if you were someone who somehow had been fooled into being a fan of auto racing. That never ever has a chance of being any better. It is always going to be dips***s and d****elords driving around in circles and nothing more. So we aren't being clowned by Hak worse than auto racing fans are being clowned by auto racing.

Nope, that doesn't help. Sorry. Fire Hakstok.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Patrick ****ing sucks right now. Fire Hak****

I just don't get it. In the playoff series last year, Patrick was at times our best forward, even dominant in a couple periods late in the series.

He looks like he got castrated this offseason.

What is this staff doing to these young players? Telling them to play more like Filppula and Amac to earn a letter eventually?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Reading through this thread, i'm just disgusted and the painful negativity is completely justified.

It's next to impossible to care about this team knowing their mentality. It doesn't matter what happens when Hart makes the team; he'll be left out to dry by the defense anyway. It doesn't matter what happens when Frost makes the team; he'll be reprogrammed to play like Torgo. It doesn't matter what happens if they get Jack Hughes; he'll only get 10 minutes a night and be forced to play on a "3rd line" with wingers like Weal and Raffl.

They need to either fire Hak tomorrow, or immediately after the draft lottery where they lock up the #1 pick. His cancer cannot be allowed to fester through any more parts of our future.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The more boring you play the better your chances of playing & playing more time in this organization.

Wouldn't it be great if Hexy looked over at LA, and saw how crap they are now, and went "You know what, **** this, I'm going to shop for a new paradigm that isn't so terrible. Jeff? Get the **** out of here. Brett, go to your room. Ian, come here, I am going to donkey punch you in the sack." Et cetera. And then the organization started playing like it was 2018.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
If deadhead wasn't already like 50 years old when 90s boy bands came out, he'd be talking about how much better LFO was than Backstreet and 'N Sync.
RIP Rich.

Now, of course she’s hot. Smoking. I’d even listen to deadhead for 24 hrs straight to get an hour with her.

But fer ****s sake, can’t somebody please end this duck lip ****?
Jeez. I didn't realize she had lips until you said something.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Glad I worked instead of watching

I keep saying the team is a poor mash up of players. .but gonna add in this is a poor mash up from top down...time for a change in core and philosophy

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
We are feeling terrible tonight, but imagine if you were someone who somehow had been fooled into being a fan of auto racing. That never ever has a chance of being any better. It is always going to be dips***s and d****elords driving around in circles and nothing more. So we aren't being clowned by Hak worse than auto racing fans are being clowned by auto racing.

image7.img.jpg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Comcast would notice if people stopped going to the games. They probably dont give a **** if you boo or chant Fire Hakstol so long as the building is full. Convince everyone to stay home and maybe they will notice. Maybe.

Most of their tickets for the year were already sold on their end in full season ticket packages. You wouldn’t be able to hit them in wallet really until it’s time to renew for next year.

They’re still selling out or coming close to in paid attendance every game so far.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Glad I worked instead of watching

I keep saying the team is a poor mash up of players. .but gonna add in this is a poor mash up from top down...time for a change in core and philosophy

Watched college football and had to go grocery shopping for dinner tomorrow. The better half is making lasagna.
Checked the score at about 4 pm. Wasn’t even mad. Just expected the team to get smacked. Looked like another lifeless, emotionless game led by the moron behind the bench.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown

I've always had the theory that racing fans are created out of the necessity to have a car if you live where there's virtually no people in a big radius. I think it's Pavlovian. Few people means few girls, and if you get home from school and look out the front door and have basically no options, you need to get a ride asap for the sake of getting laid. You go buy some beat down junker that doesn't run, get a summer job and spend 3 months fixing it up buying parts and some of the mechanic work with the job money. Fast forward to the big day --- it turns on. Fast forward a few weeks or months and you're popular because guys your age need rides, and also, boom, you have a girlfriend, at 16. Then you keep fixing it up and trading up for hotter girls because before you know it you're not driving some junker that barely runs, you're driving something flashy.

I certainly don't like racing, and I seriously think it's because I never needed a car where I lived. We just walked everywhere and were still able to have social lives and girlfriends. Not that a car wouldn't have helped, but it wasn't 100% essential. No reward is more impactful to a straight man than the reward of vag :D

Anyway just a theory. I honestly think it fits.

Just looking for distractions, cuz this sucks right now.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
It is alarming how poorly the young players are performing.

Lindblom, Patrick, Sanheim all look extremely tentative out there, and frankly a bit soft.

Vorobiev - look, while Hak's comments are pathetic and inexcusable, he looked absolutely terrified on that early PP2 shift where he fumbled the puck repeatedly before turning it over, offsides, on a zone entry.

Hextall absolutely needs to make a change right now.
I really don't blame them. When you are scared to make mistakes you get poor performance. If you expect to get your ice time cut when making mistake you're probably playing scared.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad