Post-Game Talk: Islanders def. Canucks - 6-3 (Ekman-Larsson, Pettersson, Schenn)

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
After your critiques of Green and Bruce, I think you should be the coach.
You think its a good idea playing a useless checking line when we need 2 goals? We have 2 days off before the next game

Even a non skating couch potato like you should be able to see that is a dumb move

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
He's been like this for like 97% of his career. Couple flashes of brilliance, but I think we're over him.
Disagree. That said, after the first 20 games this season, I prognosticated a Horvat trade and still think it's as possible if not likely.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Still think that this game was a bit of a missed opportunity..Boudreau should have certainly hooked Halak after the 3rd goal..It was like the CBJ game where you knew everytime he conceded a goal, it was a setup for the one he will be conceding a minute and a half later...He was having a poor game

I remember Luongo having those games on occasion.

That first period wasnt all on Halak though, the rest of the team didn't look that sharp.

This loss really puts that pressure on to win against the Leafs on Saturday..who are superior to both the Canucks and islanders.

Last edited:
Reactions: geebaan

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Horvat and Boeser have been such huge disappointments this year. Same with Pettersson but at least he's finally playing good again.

Too many subs and scrubs

Reactions: lawrence

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Reality check will continue this Saturday unfortunately

quinn picked a bad time to party in the US

Reactions: bbud

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
It still blows my mind Myers has been paid like a top-pairing D-man all along but we've always known he could never pull it off. This game is what happens when he has to be the rock and he's obviously nowhere near that sort of class, and never has been.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
It's not difficult to see this is a very poorly assembled team, with a few of the better players looking checked out. I think Bruce has done a pretty good job keeping most of the games interesting, but this roster will never produce anything of significance. I really hope this management can move things in a positive direction and personally I no longer care for the vast majority of the roster (thanks Benning!), which makes seeing players I'd ordinarily be attached to easier to see traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad