Did Marchand get punched or wrecked clean? (MOD NOTICE post #175)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Looks like a bit of a half hearted punch to me. Punching from your back shoulder is likely to take some of the force off to it though.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It's clearly a punch lol, Bennett lets go of his stick and punches him straight in the face as he's skating towards him. But it's Marchand so no one cares.
You mean this post?

Why do you do this to yourself?

You should go back and read again carefully

At no point did I make the statement that he released his stick, but keep the strawman going
Strange

• Haha
Reactions: AvroArrow

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
I really naively believed people were against headshots

But I’m leaning today lots of people don’t actually care, as long as it’s someone they don’t like.

Reactions: BB79 and swiftwin

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
You mean this post?

Why do you do this to yourself?

Strange
Now tell me which part of that says "he released his stick"

Why do you do this to yourself ? I know you specifically hate me and the team I root for but this is a horrible look my guy lol

It is clearly a punch. Bennett clearly lets go of the stick with his left hand, as he punches Marchand with his right hand holding the stick up. Sorry writing it very descriptively just in case there's some sort of other misinterpretation.

Once again, please tell me the part where you read that I said "he released his stick" I'll wait

But I’m leaning today lots of people don’t actually care, as long as it’s someone they don’t like.
Marchy has injured several players with dirty hits, that's why no one cares.

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He punched him with the hand that had the stick.

8pr54v.gif

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

I actually need to see the player get hit in the head to consider it a “head shot” but that’s me.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Now tell me which part of that says "he released his stick"

Why do you do this to yourself ? I know you specifically hate me and the team I root for but this is a horrible look my guy lol

It is clearly a punch. Bennett clearly lets go of the stick with his left hand, as he punches Marchand with his right hand holding the stick up. Sorry writing it very descriptively just in case there's some sort of other misinterpretation.

Once again, please tell me the part where you read that I said "he released his stick" I'll wait

Marchy has injured several players with dirty hits, that's why no one cares.
If you wish to quibble over the slight difference in meaning between release and let go, clearly all you are looking for is a chance to dunk on both teams.

You hate Bennett and Marchand, because of past experiences. At least stand by your original post, which was clearly incorrect.

But don't wish for injuries for players.

Bennett and/or Marchand both would be fan favorites in Toronto if they played there.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
No one likes whataboutism and whining about double standards, but if Marchand suckerpunched someone and knocked them out for the series with a concussion, he'd be getting a 7 game suspension.

I don’t see the blow to face some are seeing, and it sure looks likes Marchand hurt his shoulder, so I don’t know why people keep talking about a concussion.

Edit: “loaded language” removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaos2k7 and bme44

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don’t see this horrific blow to face some are seeing, and it sure looks likes Marchand hurt his shoulder, so I don’t know why people keep talking about a concussion.

I too use loaded language to downplay things, it's a very great way to have a bad faith argument.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I too use loaded language to downplay things, it's a very great way to have a bad faith argument.

I can take out the adjective if it will make you feel better, not sure how it changes my argument.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I think something I hate more than anything is hypocrisy.

Big bad Bruins crying about Marchand is really.......cringey.

He got hurt. Not sure if it's the punch, I don't think it is I think he hurt his shoulder or already had a bad back or shoulder.

I hope he gets better. Would love him on my team.

But the whining from Bruins fans of all people on this soft ass shit...........

Cats are going to anhialate the B's. (I'm always wrong though so I sort of messed up there with that prediction)

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Marchand's lack of a neck and abnormal body proportions make for awkward impacts. The guy seems to have a literal 2×4 for a spine. Obviously it comes with its own benefits and detriments. Guy can be an absolute bull in most situations but still crumple like some origami piece when pressured in the right place.

He's a genetic anomaly.
WTF !!

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Slow motion doesn't tell the story. At full speed Marchand basically ran himself into that.

It’s a big reverse hit, that’s the part Montgomery is actually bitching about, not any supposed punch to the face.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Slow motion doesn't tell the story. At full speed Marchand basically ran himself into that.
Slow motion tells the story of whether or not Bennett extended his arm in a punching motion, which has been disputed quite a bit in this thread.

About to hit him?

It was during the hit where he ran into his fist holding his stick high in the air. That was no punch that I've ever seen.
:laugh:

Okay bud you see what you want to (or don't want to) see.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It’s a big reverse hit, that’s the part Montgomery is actually bitching about, not any supposed punch to the face.
How can that be seen as a reverse hit? Marchand hit center chest.
Slow motion tells the story of whether or not Bennett extended his arm in a punching motion, which has been disputed quite a bit in this thread.

:laugh:

Okay bud you see what you want to (or don't want to) see.

I see Marchand hitting center chest causing his right side/arm to keep moving forward.

• Haha
Reactions: PB37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad