Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 5 7pm 4/23/15

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
You'll know Wilson has arrived when Don Cherry starts talking about him, either positively or negatively.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This but I'm just afraid his bad reputation is just gonna keep piling on, which sucks.

This didn't stop other players from changing their game and I don't expect it to change him. It's not like he kneed a superstar like Neely. The hit was clean unlike Ulf's. Had that been an Islander player making that hit, the Nassau would have erupted.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
He already is becoming the Ulf Samuelsson/Claude Lemieux of his time (Claude Lemieux I wouldn't mind -- as much as opposing fans despised him, he was great to have on your team).

When he actually injures a player on intent, I might look at him this way. Right now, he hasn't made cheap shots on players like Draper or Neely. Marchment was another player who had a reputation.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Lol at the Ulf or Claude Lemieux comparison. It's a sad day in the NHL when Tom Wilson is viewed as a dirty player. He wouldn't have even been in the top quarter of physical/dirty players 20 years ago.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Tavares said "we can hit like that", but can/will Tavares hit like that? I always thought of him as a Crosby type, a dandy.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Ovie all the sudden targeting Tavares (like he did Malkin to start that one series) would bring me great joy.

Yeah that would be hilarious. OV was jumping Malkin so much I almost started feeling bad for Malkin. Like OV was bullying him. If OV did that to Tavares I'd think Tavares would have some sort of breakdown.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Yeah that would be hilarious. OV was jumping Malkin so much I almost started feeling bad for Malkin. Like OV was bullying him. If OV did that to Tavares I'd think Tavares would have some sort of breakdown.

"I could hit like that too... if I wanted to."

El Gato Bodegero

Oct 22, 2008
Mexico City
Very anxious for Game 5.

Kuz is one of the unluckiest players Ive seen on the Caps. He's setting up plays, shooting and creating opportunities but so far no points... We need him to produce to get far.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Imagine if Trotz started Wilson on the top line just for the first few shifts with OV and Latta and matched them with JT's line, Wilson and Latta drop the gloves after Wilson destroys someone and things kick off, they lose two of their top players. Would be amazing to watch.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
So if the Hawks win tonight and advance we play at 8pm sat
if Nashville wins we play at 3pm

so GO Hawks, I would miss the 3pm game

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

Ovi (or maybe more, Backstrom) is already bullying Tavares. Islanders fans are pissed that Capuano is putting Tavares's line out there against Ovi's because they're always hemmed in their own zone. :laugh:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Ovi (or maybe more, Backstrom) is already bullying Tavares. Islanders fans are pissed that Capuano is putting Tavares's line out there against Ovi's because they're always hemmed in their own zone. :laugh:

Seriously the best adjustment that was made for us was by Capuano, trying to match JT's line with Nicky+Ovi.

I hope Trotz saw we were dominating that line and matches those lines tonight.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Alright people, I'm heading down to the game, so prolly won't be on this much tonight due to VC hating every service that isn't Verizon apparently.

Hopefully the arena will be ready to unleash the furry and get very loud tonight!

unleashthefurry.jpg

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Alright people, I'm heading down to the game, so prolly won't be on this much tonight due to VC hating every service that isn't Verizon apparently.

Hopefully the arena will be ready to unleash the furry and get very loud tonight!

Throw a beer at Clutterbuck for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad