Halak
Neuvy

2cftchl.gif

AxofPfO.gif

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I was going to go in and center the images and videos but I don't want to upset the delicate balance of voodoo

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah we are all torn up sorry about the bloated GDT copy paste but I wanted to get to it on everyone's radar how dangerous buttercup and his mule kicks are. No way to better get a message out than by having it pinned on the mains all day.

Our annual tradition of not making a mains playoff game thread has gotten us exactly... no where fast. Why fight it?

Last edited:

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Must win game time for the offense to step up. :yo:

Maybe for once we can have a good start to the game. Have been playing way too much from behind. Looks like Isles are started to get banged up a bit. Time to keep the preassure up.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
O/U on how many times the phrase "pivotal game 5" will be typed or uttered today? A few thousand prly.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am thinking Bura scores tonight, rekindling the famed Kuz vs Bura thread.

Everyone watch Buttercup when the throws his hits. I had to slowmo the DVR but he kicks up his skate on checks. So far he did it to Gleason behind the goal, Joe Hansen (the Dane) and Orpik at the blueline. I am sure there are more.

I would like to see our entire forward crew target Hickey tonight. In the playoffs the best scoring chances often come from defensemen choking under pressure. There are significantly fewer odd mans, PPs, plus a ton of BS. The DMan turnover is gravy since the forwards are starting up ice.

Holtby is going to get crowded bumped and screened tonight. Big time. The Isles know damn well why they lose. It's not their PP either.

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
I feel like Kronwall in Detroit lifts off slightly before he hits too, or at least he used to, a lot, and he'd get away with it a lot. I haven't watched the Wings much lately though. I love Kronwall though.

I think probably some players are good at getting away with it. I'm not really seeing the buttercup doing it at full speed. I will have to slow it down.

Otherwise, I've been impressed by him this series.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Their 4th line arguably has been the most consistent line of both teams, and maybe the 2nd best line overall.

While Wilson has their fans on tilt, at least he only gets 7 TOI. Fred Flintstone starts every period with his 4th line, and they are leaving their mark. I think Carlson Green and others are on tilt. I want to see our forwards /offside D slow them down on the dump ins, like I am seeing all teams do league wide in the playoffs. Just a tiny nudge.

At least Green launched Martin into the boards proper that one time. There are some gif worthy Martin clips to be made, including his embellishment on the Green high stick.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Remain Calm. All is w'ell.

Headed home with home field, they lost a Dman, we stole a little Mo, Wilson is not in jail, we escaped Nassau alive, we got some new bodies in...

and we have a grinder on every line :sarcasm:

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Remain Calm. All is w'ell.

Headed home with home field, they lost a Dman, we stole a little Mo, Wilson is not in jail, we escaped Nassau alive, we got some new bodies in...

and we have a grinder on every line :sarcasm:

Maybe the grass on our home field was why we were so slow in the first game, skates don't glide well on grass. :sarcasm:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe the grass on our home field was why we were so slow in the first game, skates don't glide well on grass. :sarcasm:

Our pond is subject to outdoor humidity and temps seemingly more than many others.

For out of towners, today is going to be cool and low humidity, so the rink should be close to normal.

Normal meaning expect a few panes of glass to fall out, and the ice to sa sa sa sa suck

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
First game of the series in which they have the chance to play with some confidence. Game 1 - stellar net-minder ailing and gives up an uncharacteristically bad goal early. Game 2, already in a must-win situation and we fall behind. Game 3 start in Islanders decrepit - albeit insane - building and get on our heels early. Game 4, another must-win.

This is certainly a "pivotal" game 5 (you're welcome) - but maybe we can come out confident and dictate a bit, instead of coming out nervy.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Im looking forward to facing the Rangers.

The amount of whining the Isles are doing in the media...they are done.

Last edited by a moderator:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Pivotal game, but the game after a win which means they come out flat and get scored on early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad