Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 5 7pm 4/23/15

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Kuz: "Right now I stay here and you guys all watching me like I’m a celebrity. But not. Whole team celebrity today."

I love this kid.

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013
Had to work, only caught highlights.

Can someone give me cliffs on buttercups going after Laich? Was it ugly or just annoying?

Ovechado

Oct 7, 2013
Imagine if we hadn't made the trade. Mother of dragons.

But we still played one helluva game and I look to finish them off on Saturday.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
My god, Kuznetsov was incredible tonight. I could tell right from puck drop he was going to make a difference. 2 goals, could have had like 4. I can't wait for him to hit his NHL prime... he is going to be scary. Every bit as good as Tarasenko, albeit a different type of player.

Now kick their ***** in Game 6 and let's wrap this round up early.

edit: just put 2 and 2 together and noticed... No Brouwer on his line, and Kuznetsov looks great. What a coincidence!

Last edited:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Great win, and very happy that Kuz played well and finally got rewarded for it.

With Backstrom, Kuz, Alzner, Carlson, Holtby, the Caps look to be set at the important positions for a long time. And Ovi of course, hopefully they can get the other pieces in order -- and in time to help him win a Cup.

Bura also has brought much-needed creative energy to the bottom 6. Understandably he is not yet quite in the zone like Kuz, but after he showed what he can do at the start of the season, I never really doubted that he'll end up a solid top-6 player. So it's fun to see him getting there.

And damn you, McPhee. The hockey equivalent of some villain in a Greek epic :)

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
That was such an awesome joy of a game to watch. And that we actually won 5-1 without a single goal or assist from 8 or 19 really says something about Trotz and this team. I love it. Also, it has to be said... Kuzy was AMAZING!

Finally, amin723, you called it! :handclap:

let them target the players. We'll target the goal.

I fully expect a 5-1 thrashing by the Caps while the Islanders run around with salty tears in their eyes.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Great win, and very happy that Kuz played well and finally got rewarded for it.

With Backstrom, Kuz, Alzner, Carlson, Holtby, the Caps look to be set at the important positions for a long time. And Ovi of course, hopefully they can get the other pieces in order -- and in time to help him win a Cup.

Bura also has brought much-needed creative energy to the bottom 6. Understandably he is not yet quite in the zone like Kuz, but after he showed what he can do at the start of the season, I never really doubted that he'll end up a solid top-6 player. So it's fun to see him getting there.

And damn you, McPhee. The hockey equivalent of some villain in a Greek epic :)

If you knew that trading a future Calder candidate and playoff hat trick guy was a bad move, you would be in hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad