GDT: Islanders @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Just got home. Oh man what a game. Thanks again for the tickets elk. You da man!!

I was sitting back behind the goal on the side the Blues defend twice so 8 or 9 goals were scored on the other end of the ice so I didn't have the best view of all of them. The one I did see up close was the third one on Allen and even though it is never good to get beat short side, that was a hell of shot by Okposo. I mean he had maybe a inch of space and he just roofed it. Hell of shot.

Other than that a few notes.

Steen was a man possessed tonight. All over the place. Easily our best player.
Pietrangelo was a monster on defense. Made a ton of nice plays in small space. Shades of last year.
Oshie had some real swagger in his game. Looked really good.
Backes, Stastny, Berglund and Shattenkirk all had really strong games as well.
The STL was good but seemed to lose energy as the game went on.
You could tell Bouw is still nursing an energy. He looked good but missing some explosiveness in his first couple of steps.
Stastny needs someone who can open up space for him to make moves. Lindstrom who I thought had a decent game just isn't that guy.
Why the refs would stop the play for Reaves to fight and then jump in before anything baffled just about everyone in the building.
We dominated the game for 50min it was the second half of the second period that we got in trouble. We just stopped skating for 10 minutes. Even my little brother who is 12 called the Isles goal(s) before they happened. His exact quote was, "Why aren't our guys skating, the other guys are gonna score if we don't start skating."

and I think that is it. It was blast thanks again elk. BTW we got a 2014-2015 Blues yearbook with a bunch of cool information as a door prize. I let my little brother take one but I think it is only fair that I offer the other one to you since it was your tickets. Let me know if you want it and I can ship it to you.

Good night guy and as always LETS GO BLUES!!!

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Disappointed by Allen's performance. He is lucky that they were playing the Islanders because there are a lot of teams out there the blues won't score 6 on

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think they were all pretty weak honestly.

The first one was kind of a fluke and he should have had it. Second one, I guess there was a partial screen, but honestly Allen should have had it. Third one just kinda happened, so I don't really know what to make of that.

The Blues had a collapse, but I don't think it was a collapse that warranted two goals. I hope Allen figures it out soon, because I'm slowly losing faith in him for this season. (granted he is a rookie)

My faith in him hasn't waivered too much. He is a rookie goalie. Almost 100% of goalies have a couple long stretches of poor play in their first 50 NHL games. The last rookie I can think of that didn't have a big slump was Steve Mason...who still hasn't had a season as good as his rookie year.

It is really hard to play goalie in this league. Almost everyone needs some time to figure it out. This is why I laughed at my friends who said we should just dump Elliott and make Allen the starter. He is going to have some clunkers and that is just part of his development. Luckily, this team is usually good enough to overcome an off night by the goalie.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
BTW we got a 2014-2015 Blues yearbook with a bunch of cool information as a door prize. I let my little brother take one but I think it is only fair that I offer the other one to you since it was your tickets. Let me know if you want it and I can ship it to you.
It's ok, I think you should have it. I will probably move to Germany soon, so there's a good chance this yearbook will get lost somewhere in the post office.
Glad you had a great game :yo:

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Didn't get a chance to post my thoughts last night after the game but I was able to snag some lower bowl tickets which was nice. It also gave me a chance to see all the little things that Pietrangelo does so well when exiting the zone. You see it on TV and it's great but seeing it close in person was really impressive. I usually have to sit in the upper deck because I'm a poor college student.

With all that said, my thoughts pretty much coincide with Blanick. The 1st period was great, the 2nd wasn't, and the 3rd was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad