Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Guess at generic trade value in terms of picks:

Lee - 15OA
Bailey - 9OA
Eberle - 35OA
Leddy - 15OA
Nelson - 25OA

The Jackets would be interested in Bailey. In return the Isles get to pick two of: Gabriel Carlsson, Oliver Bjorkstrand, 1st round pick, and they get Sonny Milano as a sweetener (He has to be an Islander at some point, right?). Lee might get a little more than that if he would sign in Columbus.

I'd do Carlsson, Milano and a 1st for Bailey. Probably most Islander fans wouldn't, and I doubt he gets traded after taking a team friendly deal. But ignoring things like loyalty and other GM quirks, I'd do that if/when the Isles fall completely out of contention.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I think the only 2 offers I've seen here that would actually benefit the Isles are Leddy for RNH (probably pretty fair and probably a good move for both teams) and Leddy + for Nylander. What that plus has to be can be discussed but again, I think this is a trade that could be a win/win for both teams.

There are many players from the Isles I'd like to poach as a Flyers fans (and I'm not talking "steal", we would have to offer more in the way of futures) that would not make much sense for the Isles. You certainly wouldn't be better today and you'd have to be banking on winning the trade "long term" (a serious gamble).

I don't think the Isles are anywhere close to a "burn it to the ground" state. A few tweaks and they could be very good. Tbh, I believe that you are in a better position going forward than the Flyers are and that makes me sad

Reactions: IODCPiper

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I'm sure we already have a thread there somewhere. I don't want to overpay for Nylander either but I hardly would consider Leddy and some kind of add an overpayment until the TML fan who commented discusses it further. On a message board where trades are discussed not every response has to be like yours. We have no control over what trades happen anyway, it's a conversation. We aren't even trading real hockey cards here....
My last Nylander discussion was Leaf fans insisting RHDs Dobson + Pulock for Nylander was not an overpayment.

As I said with 20 Nylander trade threads, I had little desire for thread 21.

Reactions: PWJunior

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
EDM fans telling Isles fans that Eberle isn't that great. Funny considering some of the Eberle for Hamonic+ trade proposals we were getting a few years ago.

Can we at least agree that Eberle is better than Ryan Strome? :rolleyes:

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
See what PK wrote above. You obviously have no idea who Eberle is playing with at all. Best stick to things you know and not things you don't know. Because, in this case, you really don't know.

Eberle was, and still is a good player for us. The Islander fans that weren't thrilled to get him were pleasantly surprised, and he's doing no less than what we expected even with being away from Barzal this season. He's what we had hoped Strome would become, but never did.
I watched Eberle when he was a Regina Pat, so dont try and tell me you know him better than I do. His linemates through the last 20 games may have varied by the big picture hasnt changed at all.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
there's just no need for a total breakdown of this team.

we need to get Sorokin over here. We need to acquire/develop a top 2 dman. We need to continue to let our prospects develop. This club is probably a bubble team now, and if things fall correctly, they can be a real threat in the east in 2 or 3 years. There's just too many good players here under contract to justify an all out rebuild.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
My last Nylander discussion was Leaf fans insisting RHDs Dobson + Pulock for Nylander was not an overpayment.

As I said with 20 Nylander trade threads, I had little desire for thread 21.

I wouldn't call that an overpayment either. What exactly has Pulock done this season? The one that was supposed to be a breakout for him..... An outsider looking in is going to think Pulock doesn't carry much value. Only Islander fans and their shiny prospects will oooh and ahhhh over him.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I watched Eberle when he was a Regina Pat, so dont try and tell me you know him better than I do. His linemates through the last 20 games may have varied by the big picture hasnt changed at all.

And I once saw a caterpillar so I absolutely know what it looks like as a butterfly. Nice logic...."Uh duh, uh duh, I know who Eberle plays with on the Islanders uh duh uh duh, because I watched him play ten years ago, uh duh, uh duh."

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
What part of this goes over your head?
I still think Eberle has been a good pickup for the isles and if the nyi did not have top wing prospects pushing for nhl spots, I would want Eberle extended.
Isles biggest needs are #2C , top pairing LHD and settling on a longterm goalie.
Last I checked, Eberle does not play any of those positions.
The thing is although Ebs is a very talented forward still in his prime (and a smart one), as Isles have the most depth in RW position and some of these prospects have similar attributes to Ebs (gifted offensively but not solid defensively) it makes the most sense to trade him and keep one of Lee & Nelson or both as LW/center depth are now thinner with the departure of JT and Ladd being so injury prone. The fact is that they can either trade for an upcoming LW or centre prospect, a 1st round 2019 pick so they have the chance to draft one themselves. Either that or just let Ebs walk and use that cap space to sign a solid 2 way UFA center this summer. I personally really like Ebs dating back to his WJC days and was thrilled when Isles acquired him but as an Isles fan, I think that Isles will do best to trade him. I also believe that he is quite capable of helping another team to succeed if he gets to play with a solid 2 way centre with size, someone similar to O'Reilly on the Blues or Kopitar on the Kings.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I wouldn't call that an overpayment either. What exactly has Pulock done this season? The one that was supposed to be a breakout for him..... An outsider looking in is going to think Pulock doesn't carry much value. Only Islander fans and their shiny prospects will oooh and ahhhh over him.
He has unlocked potentials - his shots once he can score like he did last 1/2 season & during the pre-season games plus his size. It will be up to him to put in the hard work in the summer to improve the other part of his game - skating and protecting the pucks.

Reactions: Ruddy64

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I'd guess some contenders would come calling for Eberle if lou-trotz dont sense that he'd resign or perhaps he's not the type of guy they want to pay 7m+ x 5+ years to .

depending on a teams desperation level to add scoring he should fetch a decent return

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I have no interest in overpaying for a highly skilled 60 pt winger, when between the isles prospect pool and nhl roster is deepest at that position.

The shiny top prospects argument reminds me of the Duchene for Barzal + discussions between Avs and Isles fans..what the hell had junior prospect Barzal done to make isles fans consider him to be untouchable?

And Pulock has played probably 110 nhl games. Way too soon to know what the finished product is.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah hell no to trading nylander.

Especially for anything the isles have "available".

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have no interest in overpaying for a highly skilled 60 pt winger, when between the isles prospect pool and nhl roster is deepest at that position.

The shiny top prospects argument reminds me of the Duchene for Barzal + discussions between Avs and Isles fans..what the hell had junior prospect Barzal done to make isles fans consider him to be untouchable?

And Pulock has played 100 nhl games. Way too soon to know what the finished product is.

Trotz is grooming Pulock into a top pairing d-man, that doesn't happen overnight and we won't know for a little while if he has that type of upside. In any case, Pulock is the 2nd most valuable asset the Isles have right now behind Barzal. He isn't going anywhere, his positional value and upside have big value. His contract is dirt cheap despite it being a bridge as well.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
And I once saw a caterpillar so I absolutely know what it looks like as a butterfly. Nice logic...."Uh duh, uh duh, I know who Eberle plays with on the Islanders uh duh uh duh, because I watched him play ten years ago, uh duh, uh duh."
Lol. Quite the retort. Short on both intelligence and humour which is quite the accomplishment. Go ahead and keep relying on Eberle and bask in his glory. You’ll go far.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Trotz is grooming Pulock into a top pairing d-man, that doesn't happen overnight and we won't know for a little while if he has that type of upside. In any case, Pulock is the 2nd most valuable asset the Isles have right now behind Barzal. He isn't going anywhere, his positional value and upside have big value. His contract is dirt cheap despite it being a bridge as well.

I feel 100x more confident with Trotz developing the kids then I did with either Cappy or Weight.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Eberle played almost exclusively with (i.e. road the coat tails of) Barzal, which I’m aware of. Notice I said Tavares provided cover for Eberle, which he most certainly did. Now that Ebs and Barzal are facing top line D pairs, he’s back to his old self. But do keep your head in the sand narrative going.

Says the man who does not notice how often Trotz changes combos in the Top 6 . . . keep criticizing our team, we're overachieving and happy about it.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Last year Isles fans got fooled into thinking Ebs was anything more than a complimentary player. It’s not your fault. Tavares drawing the top opponents and having Ebs with a very good offensive center in Barzal was the perfect fit for Eberle. Isles fans were all over me saying what an awesome player Ebs was and worth every penny of his $6M. Now I get to come back with an ‘I told you so’ after Ebs is being relied on to play a big boy game on a top line and is getting caved.

Bailey is the #1 RW on this team and has been the last 3 years, Eberle is not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad