Value of: Islander Trades

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
If Nylander already is reluctant to sign in Toronto why on earth would he want to sign for NYI?
Nylander isn't reluctant to sign in Toronto because of the location. He is reluctant to sign at a discount in Toronto because he worries that he would immediately get delt for a defenceman and he can't sign a NTC.

If he gets traded then all those worries go away because hes obviously been traded. You'd just pay him the 8m or whatever he wants, and he would sign.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Just read about how Chiarelli wants a puck moving defenseman. Isles need a 2c. Would a base around Leddy for Nugent Hopkins be something that can work for both teams. If the answer to that question from an Edmonton perspective is no, then what in your opinion would have to be added to make the deal feasible?

Leddy + Nelson + for RNH + Nurse

Reactions: IODCPiper

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
is there any purpose to this thread ? Islander fan here but this is just random wet paper towels tossed at the blackboard while the teacher has her back turned.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
is there any purpose to this thread ? Islander fan here but this is just random wet paper towels tossed at the blackboard while the teacher has her back turned.

I think the thread starter hopes to see Lou stock up on high draft picks + good prospects.
Not a bad idea if Lou is not interested in bringing back Nelson and Eberle, but makes no sense in Bailey's case or even Lee ( unless he cannot be signed).

Reactions: IODCPiper

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Not an Isles fan, but I just dont see why the Isles would have a fire sale. They have some good young players and more in the system. I can see a move or two, but a full tear down seems unnecessary at this point.

member 147413

I'd be interested in a leddy+eberle for Nylander+ deal if there is interest on both sides.

Nylander would give the islanders plenty of talent.

Maybe they see eberle playing the same sort of role as nylander at a more reasonable caphit.
That’s crap for Toronto

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Not an Isles fan, but I just dont see why the Isles would have a fire sale. They have some good young players and more in the system. I can see a move or two, but a full tear down seems unnecessary at this point.
Lou said in one of his first interviews , that this is a retool and not a rebuild, that he has more pieces in place on LI then he had when taking over in Toronto.

So, you are right.Lou does not see the isles needing a full tear down.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Lou said in one of his first interviews , that this is a retool and not a rebuild, that he has more pieces in place on LI then he had when taking over in Toronto.

So, you are right.Lou does not see the isles needing a full tear down.
Well he's not wrong....Barzal, Lee, Bailey and a defense that can actually defend is far ahead of what he had here in 2015.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
How about our classic 3rd liner (#6 defender) + 2nd round pick + B prospect? Its a tradition for us. :surrender
I have seen several Leaf fans offering up Gardiner as a key trade piece. The fact he is a ufa in 8 months should evidently not concern the other team.
The Leddy for Gardiner proposal was worth a chuckle

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I have seen several Leaf fans offering up Gardiner as a key trade piece. The fact he is a ufa in 8 months should evidently not concern the other team.
The Leddy for Gardiner proposal was worth a chuckle

We do what we do. We make a lot of posts like this, and then claim to others when this is pointed out that we don't. Of course, we have a huge fanbase, so they run the gamut. There is that, which is valid of course, but I think lots of ppl hide behind that. That's when we like to play the persecution card.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I as well think that Nylander is excessive

idk... Tim Liljegren + 1st (or 2nd+3rd) something in that line (cap dump if needed)
Isles are stacked with quality ,blueline prospects: Pulock,Dobson, Toews, MVS, Wortherspoon, Wilde.
No interest in Liljegren . I would much rather see the nyi develop their own promising blueline prospects.

Also, isles have no cap issues.

Would like to see Lou land a quality young center like RNH for the 2nd line or even a high end center prospect.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
How about our classic 3rd liner (#6 defender) + 2nd round pick + B prospect? Its a tradition for us. :surrender

Ah yes, the years of the Leafs offer being Kulemin and a 3rd for all the best players . Let us not forget the Cody Franson add as a sweetener if needed. The good ole days here in HF were only a few years ago.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers pass on OP players offered.
Only interest is in Dobson, and I doubt we could get on the same page as to value, but feel free to prove me wrong.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Rangers pass on OP players offered.
Only interest is in Dobson, and I doubt we could get on the same page as to value, but feel free to prove me wrong.
I did not see Dobson listed.

Is he upcoming ELC going to be too much for Malkin & Ledecky?:sarcasm:

Reactions: sebsisles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad