Value of: Islander Trades

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I have seen several Leaf fans offering up Gardiner as a key trade piece. The fact he is a ufa in 8 months should evidently not concern the other team.
The Leddy for Gardiner proposal was worth a chuckle

I would not be surprised on the return for Leddy. I think Isles fans will be pleasantly surprised on how much he will return if he is dealt.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I did not see Dobson listed.

Is he upcoming ELC going to be too much for Malkin & Ledecky?:sarcasm:

The backhanded insult of "I literally have zero interest in a single player on your team except maybe this one guy, and even then I wouldn't give very much for him" is a cherished and storied HFboards tradition.

But please, lets hear more from Rangers fans who wouldn't trade Marc Staal for Barzal because literally zero interest in all those awful Islanders besides Dobson.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
The problem is as much as I like Lee, I just feel he is a one dimensional player. Scores a ton of goals in front of the net, sure. But how many is he also responsible for giving up the other way because his skating is underwhelming. Is he the type of guy you give 7-8 million to if you want to build a perennial winner? I mean they have him now, and they're being outplayed in most games (been lucky to win several games thus far this year due to puck luck. Considering all this, and that he is probably our most valuable asset, does it make sense to trade him, get a lot back for him, and use that as a way to change the dynamic of this team?
Name the guy captain, then let him go?
Not gonna happen.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The backhanded insult of "I literally have zero interest in a single player on your team except maybe this one guy, and even then I wouldn't give very much for him" is a cherished and storied HFboards tradition.

But please, lets hear more from Rangers fans who wouldn't trade Marc Staal for Barzal because literally zero interest in all those awful Islanders besides Dobson.

Regret you felt no other possible interpretation of my comment then as a backhand insult. Such was neither intended nor attempted. I was simply trying to be direct and succinct.

I have been around a while, as you.
I try to be polite if not gregarious.
I do not insult people unless there is a reason, and that reason is usually a comeuppance to somebody picking on somebody else.

I know Rangers do not deal with Isles or Devils as a rule, even more so than other Div rivals. However, almost every rule has an exception, as witnessed by Grabner to NJ last year.

I was extending OP courtesy of a reply.

Obviously, some players on every club, including Isles, have strong if not universal appeal league wide, including as to Rangers.

It's fair for me to mostly want to hold pat with the hand I have.
I didn't ask for Dobson cheap.
How much I might overpay for him depends on currency.

Again no slight intended
I trust we good now.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I specified him as separate and apart from OP list.

Isles are building around 21 yr old Barzal.
Scouts are comparing 18 yr old Dobson to Pietrangelo and Seth Jones.

No interest in trading him.We can show the same patience for Dobson, that we showed for Barzal.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
What kind of contract would you want Nelson to receive?
he seems to be the player most improved under the new coaching staff/system .

is his next contract motivating him to finally see the light or is Trotz getting the most out of him via whatever means he's tapped into .

I suppose if isles want him locked up we're likely getting into the 5.75 x ? per range

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
:pens

Nick Leddy

:isles

Daniel Sprong
Calen Addison
Zach Aston-Reese
No. Not trading Leddy to strengthen the Pens unlesd the deal is too good to pass up.

Isles have a glut of promising blue line prospects, so Addison and Aston-Reese hold no interest.

Not moving Leddy for Sprong.

he seems to be the player most improved under the new coaching staff/system .

is his next contract motivating him to finally see the light or is Trotz getting the most out of him via whatever means he's tapped into .

I suppose if isles want him locked up we're likely getting into the 5.75 x ? per range

I am really leery of a career underachiever ,putting together the best season of his career,just as he is about to become a ufa .

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I am really leery of a career underachiever ,putting together the best season of his career,just as he is about to become a ufa .

I get the concern and theres probably some posts of mine that can be dug up suggesting nelson be shot into the sun but even trotz said that while he was coaching the caps that he wondered why nellie was underutilized by the past staff . He might want to test the ufa waters and not even be interested in coming back if he's one of the types that want to play for MIN so this could all be moot .

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Sprong, Maatta and a 2nd?
I do not see Maatta or Sprong as upgrades on the nyi own youngsters.

Zero reason to dump 27 yr old Leddy for a couple of unwanted pieces .

Not sure if Chia is desperate enough to move RHN,but that is the type of return I am hoping for.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Lee would be a great add for the Leafs but I’m not so sure we want to pay the price after his monster year last year. He also just became the captain, wouldn’t that indicate he’s not really for sale?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I get the concern and theres probably some posts of mine that can be dug up suggesting nelson be shot into the sun but even trotz said that while he was coaching the caps that he wondered why nellie was underutilized by the past staff . He might want to test the ufa waters and not even be interested in coming back if he's one of the types that want to play for MIN so this could all be moot .
In the preseason, Nelson gave a Newsday interview and said he wants an extension.

Not sure the 2 sides could reach agreement or even if Lou is interested, but Nelson has expressed interest.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Lee would be a great add for the Leafs but I’m not so sure we want to pay the price after his monster year last year. He also just became the captain, wouldn’t that indicate he’s not really for sale?
Considering the press reported Lou and Lee's reps have had extension talks and not one source is reporting the isles looking to move him , it would indicate he is not available.

Reactions: TMLeafs17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad