Post-Game Talk: Is There Others Game Of The Season Yet? (Habs 2-6 Jackets)

DOTG? (28/03/2019)

• Total voters

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Memo to Clode: You can’t sit on a 1-0 lead for 59 minutes

Embarasssing effort all around in a must-win

Oh well I predicted this team would only hit 62 pts this year, time to YouTube our next 1st Round Bust Options
he can't but it't all MB fault, he didnt give him enough Weal or Thompson.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Truth is, if we can't beat the Canes and the Jackets when it counts the most, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
Habs had three huge 4-point games recently

loss vs Blue Jackets: 6 goals on 30 shots
loss vs Hurricanes: 2 goals on 40 shots
loss vs Penguins: 5 goals on 25 shots

One great goaltending performance but 2 pretty sorry ones :(

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
The difference between 15 and 16 is negligible. At this point there would be no loss to try and make wildcard spot.
Lucky for us that we didnt make the playoffs then because we have so many more points than out west we would have drafted around 18-19th. Its not simply 15th vs 16th draft position.

should have traded petry and last night showed why. He had good value even if its a playoff teams picks. Then you collapse for a lack of any D outside weber and pick top 10. Or trade futures and try to make the playoffs. Ott king martinsen all over again. We are the leafs.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I am not Belial, if that is what you meant. There just seems to be too much negativity on the board, as always.

A lot of people thought the schedule would catch up and it looks like it did. It was predicted 10-15 games ago that if we left it to the games against the Jets, Lightning, Capitals, and Leafs that it would take a miracle to make it in. We had a chance to give ourselves a bit of a cushion going into those games with head to heads with both Carolina and the Bluejackets and we blew it. It’s not impossible to make the playoffs, but we’re in a lot of trouble.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Ok reality sinking in, 75% or our team actually overachieved to get to this point

We are who we thought we were....

A borderline PO team needing a whole lot of things to go right to make it.

Not adding assets in-season was incredibly short-sighted, waisting assets for bargainbin shopping even worse.

On the right side, Molson & MB can just press replay on the season post-mortem, except maybe this year its better beer instead of better hot dogs, and all Drouin's fault instead of Patches...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Lucky for us that we didnt make the playoffs then because we have so many more points than out west we would have drafted around 18-19th. Its not simply 15th vs 16th draft position.

should have traded petry and last night showed why. He had good value even if its a playoff teams picks. Then you collapse for a lack of any D outside weber and pick top 10. Or trade futures and try to make the playoffs. Ott king martinsen all over again. We are the leafs.

I forgot which pick I looked at in the past but it was random picks like 12th and 8th overall.

12th overall had better careers in last 20 years.

Of course that doesn’t mean 12th is better, more so that randomness and luck is more of a factor after the top tier than anything else.

If you believe 15th is a different class than 18-19 that is your opinion.

For your consideration(it will include guys drafted before 20 years but who played in last 20 years):

19th overall accumulated stats for last 20 years:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...ionDraftPickMax=291&sort=points,goals,assists

15th overall accumulated stats for last 20 years:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...ionDraftPickMax=291&sort=points,goals,assists

18th is worse than both. The sooner people realize the difference is negligible the faster we can move on.

At that range it barely matters.

If we're talking say top 5 picks or somewhere just passed that then I'm sure we'll see.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
This loss has me fuming. We got manhandled and embarrassed yesterday.

On the other hand, I have to give credit to Werenski and especially Seth Jones. What a catch for Columbus. Talk about poise with the puck, sound on both ends of the ice and mobile for his height. He'll be in talks for the Norris every year.

Reactions: swimmer77

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
We win out the rest of the season and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon.

Probably, just depends IF they do it.

Habs were a bubble team by anyone objective to start the year. It's just heartbreaking if they get this far and slip out over a few must win games they didn't win.

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
I am so over Drouin. Ill bet he didnt even have to shower after that game once again.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
We win out the rest of the season (...)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Runner77

In100years

Mar 18, 2019
Truth is, if we can't beat the Canes and the Jackets when it counts the most, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
True. We were 1-0 up on both, but couldn't defend it (or attack). 1st line minus 4ish down in the latter. There is no buts or ifs if we miss the playoffs in the end. Those others deserve it more.
But I'm not too disappointed. Guys gave everything they had. Next year should be better.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Were gonna win 3 of our last 4

I hope itll be enough. I still say Carolina drops out

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
It's sad. We are one of the top teams at even strenght and like we've seen this year, players play with their heart out.
Add a Radulov to our team to improve our PP and the team already has at least 5 more wins/100 points and a chance to do good things in the POs.
Sad, sad, sad.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
The way I look at it...Habs 4 games left, Canes (1 point up, own tiebreaker) and Jackets (tied own tiebreaker) 5 games left.

So basically between now and the end of the season, the Habs need to get 1 more point than Columbus and 2 more points than Carolina. Whatever record that is, that's what they need. Considering both teams have an extra game AND our remaining schedule...chances are very slim.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Sadly I'd say we're toast. And we were probably toast even if we'd won last night. The last four games are brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad