Post-Game Talk: Is There Others Game Of The Season Yet? (Habs 2-6 Jackets)

DOTG? (28/03/2019)

• Total voters

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
We win out the rest of the season and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon.
Well yeah, sure. If the Habs can take three of the next four against good teams, they deserve a little love.

Last night's results pissed me off for a couple of reasons. First of all, we dropped a crucial game. Bad timing to suck. Second, it was symptomatic of the Habs' nasty habit of choking away a lead. We all knew that early goal was a mirage and sure enough, as the BJs pushed back harder, the Habs couldn't answer.

I checked the numbers to see if it was just my biased perception. It's not. Montreal is a bottom-third team in 3rd period scoring. That's troubling.

Reactions: Forum93

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We are who we thought we were....

A borderline PO team needing a whole lot of things to go right to make it.

Not adding assets in-season was incredibly short-sighted, waisting assets for bargainbin shopping even worse.

On the right side, Molson & MB can just press replay on the season post-mortem, except maybe this year its better beer instead of better hot dogs, and all Drouin's fault instead of Patches...
Slight correction, we need a whole lot of things to go right for us to possibly make it.
As it currently stands, we are not making anything.

Reactions: habsgirl5000

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We win out the rest of the season and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon.

**** no

I won't give any support for this **** show p***yfooting the middle road, can't take a direction and worst of all, their mentality is one of bending you over for all your spare change.

People buying into this are fools and only fools rush in.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Imagine playing Tampa.......

Wasted lottery draw if we make 8th.
That is the silver lining. Tampa would absolutely crush us.

As much as I'd love to watch some playoff hockey, it wouldn't be fun watching the club get absolutely smoked. And Tampa is the best team in the league right now by a mile. Their D is absolutely stacked, great goalie and they've got this year's runaway Hart winner.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Imagine playing Tampa.......

Wasted lottery draw if we make 8th.

Congrats, now you have your 1% chance of winning lottery.

I wanted us to finish bottom 5 again this year but we knew in December that we were playing better than we thought so I was pulling for playoffs (even tho we would lost in the first round). At least, we gave not even a 7th draft pick for help at TD, thanks Bergervin.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Congrats, now you have your 1% chance of winning lottery.

I wanted us to finish bottom 5 again this year but we knew in December that we were playing better than we thought so I was pulling for playoffs (even tho we would lost in the first round). At least, we gave no even a 7th draft pick for help at TD, thanks Bergervin.

3% odds as there are three draws at 1%

It's simple pragmatism. Selling one major piece at TDL would've sigificantly reduced our capacity to win and given us better draft odds.

In the end, if it comes down to between playing Tampa or getting lottery odds, i'll go with the latter.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

It's simple pragmatism. Selling one major piece at TDL would've sigificantly reduced our capacity to win and given us better draft odds.

In the end, if it comes down to between playing Tampa or getting lottery odds, i'll go with the latter.

I know what you mean BUT if we do that, your players will be pissed. They believed in themselves. You don't let your team like that. Bergevin did nothing like he had too in this case. Columbus went stupidly all in.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I know what you mean BUT if we do that, your players will be pissed. They believed in themselves. You don't let your team like that. Bergevin did nothing like he had too in this case. Columbus went stupidly all in.

A good GM, with good communication skills, which we do not have, would've easily pushed back player concerns.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
A good GM, with good communication skills, which we do not have, would've easily pushed back player concerns.

Seriously, the guys overachieved this year, we agree right ? They gave it all and you would try to convince them.. hey gang... give up, we need to miss playoffs this year.

NOBODY expected the team to have 10-12 career years this year. We were supposed to be a bottom 5 team. This is a dream year for this roster... the best we could have done. We will most likely return to normal next year and miss it again.

You just can't let your players down like that, nobody will want to play for a team managed by Bergevin again. I know I would be pissed.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Might as well just look at the silver lining either way...

We make it? Great. Wouldn't have won the lottery anyway. We don't make it? At least we don't have to face Tampa.

Reactions: habergeon

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Seriously, the guys overachieved this year, we agree right ? They gave it all and you would try to convince them.. hey gang... give up, we need to miss playoffs this year.

NOBODY expected the team to have 10-12 career years this year. We were supposed to be a bottom 5 team. This is a dream year for this roster... the best we could have done. We will most likely return to normal next year and miss it again.

You just can't let your players down like that, nobody will want to play for a team managed by Bergevin again. I know I would be pissed.

I think that's already the case for players of significance, not tge Alzners of this world though.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Might as well just look at the silver lining either way...

We make it? Great. Wouldn't have won the lottery anyway. We don't make it? At least we don't have to face Tampa.

The silver lining would be to at least get odds. Making the playoffs was completely pointless from the getgo. I'd have more chances boinking Isidora Goreshter than the habs winning the cup this year.

It's simple. Ownership WANTED the playoffs above all else. A decision made against the needs of tge franchise if the goal is to win a SC.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
The silver lining would be to at least get odds. Making the playoffs was completely pointless from the getgo. I'd have more chances boinking Isidora Goreshter than the habs winning the cup this year.

It's simple. Ownership WANTED the playoffs above all else. A decision made against the needs of tge franchise if the goal is to win a SC.

Sure, they like the money but Blue Jackets wanted playoffs above all else (look at their moves), what Bergevin did to assure us making the playoffs again? Nothing. The players played above their heads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad