Is there a fanbase that doesn't hate their bottom pairing dmen?

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
red wings fans dont really hate marchenko or ericsson. ericsson is hated on and off but marchenko has generally been a solid reliable bottom pairing guy

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Yes and no for the Coyotes, I think. We hate the two who are currently on our 3rd pairing to start the season, but we have some guys injured and I don't think many of us mind who would be our "regular" 3rd pairing guys.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Isn't the Blues bottom-pairing Edmundson-Parayko or something like that? That's pretty good.

When Oilers get Davidson back, Nurse-Davidson won't be too bad either.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
They are usually the worst players on the roster, aside from the 4th liners. It's normal that they receive more hate than their top 4 teammates, because they rarely have a big positive impact on the game. More often than not, they're just out there to let the top 4 rest.

For the Caps, Orpik is the player that the fans would like to see leave the most. And Schmidt, we cut him more slack because he's young but some days he's atrocious in his own end.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Technically the Blues bottom pairing is Edmundson - Parayko. I think everyone knows what we think of Parayko. Edmundson has his moments both good and bad but I don't think I know any Blues fans who "hate" him.

For the Blues in general I think our offense gets more hate than our defense. Guys like Berglund and Lehtera get racked over the coals on a nightly basis.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I don't mind Boro and Wideman for the Sens...although I may be alone in this.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If the Oilers were healthy, no. Davidson-Nurse is alright.

But with Davidson hurt Gryba is playing, so... yes.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wild is a no, unless Prosser is in the lineup for whatever reason.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
The Penguins generally like Cole-Schultz as a bottom pair, but injuries happened

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It depends on which bottom pair you're talking about. The actual bottom pair or the one who's playing on our 2nd pair :sarcasm:

More seriously we have maybe 3 top 4 guys I don't hate(Rielly, Gardiner, Zaitsev). Carrick on the bottom pair I don't hate. Marincin I wouldn't hate there either. But When 1 of Marincin, Polak, or Hunwick is playing 20+ minutes per game then yeah I hate my bottom pairing D playing top 4 minutes.

though I'm pretty sure I'd hate Hunwick even if he were playing 5 minutes per game.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I hate last years but this year's I'm hopeful in LA. Our problem is more our #4 guy. And I doubt we fix this problem until after the expansion draft.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
There are hated defencemen on the Flames, but our current bottom pairing is technically Hamilton-Jokipakka. Not a lot of hate for either guy.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
There are hated defencemen on the Flames, but our current bottom pairing is technically Hamilton-Jokipakka. Not a lot of hate for either guy.

I'm also happy when it's Kulak and Engelland

But Smid-Engelland was incredibly despised and I know by more than just me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad