Is there a fanbase that doesn't hate their bottom pairing dmen?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
red wings fans dont really hate marchenko or ericsson. ericsson is hated on and off but marchenko has generally been a solid reliable bottom pairing guy

What??

There's a poll on who would be the Red Wings whipping boy this season and Ericsson won by a landslide. He's been hated for several seasons.

He's looked great so far this season but one bad game and I'm fairly certain Wings fans will be gathering and lighting the torches.

And with Ericsson's good play, fans have definitely turned some of their bashing towards Marchenko.

To the OP's original question, yes I think most fans hate their bottom pairing d-men because they have the unrealistic expectation of them playing like a middle or top pairing.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Vancouver has a big hate on for Sbisa, although I've always kinda liked the guy.

We haven't seen enough of Larson yet to take a stance, although I'd like to see Tramp come in against the bigger teams.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Isles have one of the best 5, 6 and 7's in Hickey, Seidenberg and Pulock (recently injured and has a high ceiling).

This is the deepest isles' D 1 through 8 (Mayfield is the 8) in decades.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Are we talking 'handful of hfboarders on team boards' or actual fanbases?

My answer would be a definite yes if the answer above is the obvious one. Arguing a players short-falls is not hating. The "hate" is normally confined to the GDTs when posters are high on emotions and almost always when the other team managed to mismatch and have their best forwards against the 3rd pair.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Bitetto has grown on most Predators fans.
I'm certainly one of these fans, but I figured when we traded Seth Jones our 3rd pairing could be questionable at best in the near future, which it currently is. But, if you have Jones parked on your bottom pair then you, ya know, may take that gamble.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I wonder if the players have a forum where they get to hate on their fans?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
So far I've been really impressed with Forbort. I wish Gravel was up instead of Greene and Gilbert, though.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
seems like they are always hated universally

without checking the last 4 pages,
As an islander fan I could not expect any better than Seidenberg / Hickey as our 3rd pair.
The team has come a long way since Timander / Cairns
Or more recent Thomas Pock / Jack Hillen with a splash of Bruno Gervais.
Oh wait , that was our second pair.

Last edited:

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Isles have one of the best 5, 6 and 7's in Hickey, Seidenberg and Pulock (recently injured and has a high ceiling).

This is the deepest isles' D 1 through 8 (Mayfield is the 8) in decades.

I'd say Mayfield is the 9th man now.... Adam Pelech beat him out before we signed Seidenberg.

Leddy - Boychuk
de Haan - Hamonic
Hickey - Seidenberg/Pulock

Pelech
Mayfield

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
nah, not this season........so far. Going from BraIn Strait to Seidenberg is a huge upgrade. I didn't expect much from Seidenberg, and I didn't think he'd be as effective as he has been.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I like Emelin, Beaulieu and Pateryn... whichever two occupy that bottom-pairing on any given night.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
Yeah pretty crazy depth.

I was upset when Pulock didn't make the top 6 out of camp but Seidenberg has been solid. Can't be too upset about that anymore. And the impact of his broken foot hasn't been too bad because of guys like Pelech and Mayfield. Our D is great this year.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Tampa hated Carle, but now that he's gone we're fine with Nesterov-Coburn. However we would rather see a younger prospect (Koekkoek) take the 6th spot from Nesterov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad