Is there a fanbase that doesn't hate their bottom pairing dmen?

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I wouldn't say I hate the Bruins bottom pairing D I think they have a very good bottom pairing. Of course they are playing on the second pairing right now so there is that.:laugh:

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
Under ideal circumstances it be nurse-Davidson. Davidson is pretty popular due to his story/actually being really solid. Nurse might be our most divisive player but most people have positive opinions of him, it's just that there's debate on wether his trending towards meeting his high potential or just becoming an ok dman.

Problem is Davidson is hurt and his replacement is Gryba who doesn't do much good outside of throwing some good hits.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I like Engellend and Kulak

I think we should resign Engellend though. At under a million I would like him as our #6/#7 for the next two years anyway until the young guys can play.

Daniel M

Dec 2, 2014
:stars

Nobody likes Jordie Benn. Then there's a bunch of AHL guys who have been bad, and a bunch of AHL guys who haven't actually played much but everyone loves them. But they'll probably be bad too.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Blackhawks have a 3rd pair I don't hate at the moment. Seabrook and Kempny aren't terrible, especially in the ozone where they see most their time.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
To be honest I think the better question would be what teams don't hate whichever players their teams trying to push as their top pairing.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Coyotes fans love half of the third pairing with Chychrun.

And are divided on Schenn. I'd say most like him in a 3rd pairing role.

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
Phi: Yes, MacDonald, Streit are over paid and no longer effective.

Ana: Stoner and Bieska

Both over paid but Stoner is solid. Bieska on the other hand is terrible.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
I'm happy with Edmundson-Parayko and we have some quality young talent coming up as well. Now if we could just learn to draft centers we would be set.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
For the Devils I'd say the top 4 gets a lot more hate than the bottom pairing. The bottom pairing of Auvitu - Whoever brings the most offense.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
As a Leafs fan, I sometimes wonder if there's any non-rookie that don't have a vocal portion of the fanbase hating them. Actually, most rookies are not exempt either.

I don't think anyone dislikes Komarov. That's about it.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Sabres have had 4 players on the bottom pairing so far this season (assuming tonight's game)

Everybody hates Franson.
Most of us like Casey Nelson to some degree after his couple games last season. He only played against Montreal this season and that was on his off-hand with Franson... I sure don't hate him and I don't think many do.
Dmitri Kulikov had the rest of the games with Franson. Most of us agree that he's been pretty awesome.

And tonight, Jake McCabe is probably the bottom pairing LHD. He's good so we like him.

So in the end we just hate Cody Franson. And Josh Gorges, but he somehow doesn't play on the bottom pairing...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad