Is there a fanbase that doesn't hate their bottom pairing dmen?

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I'm pretty content with Dillon-Schlemko

Indeed. If your worst problem on D is having Dillon on the 3rd pairing, you really don't have a whole lot to complain about. Remember when we had Brad Stuart's semi-animated corpse as our #1 LD after Vlasic got hurt in the playoffs just a couple years ago? Dillon may be the designated whipping boy at times, but that's more because people need SOMEONE to dump on... Schlemko, our other 3rd pairing guy, has been absolutely outstanding. Could easily be a 2nd pairing guy if not for our rather ridiculous depth these days.

Also, our #7 D-man, DeMelo, may well be better than Dillon, so it's a bit dispiriting seeing him sitting in the press box every night. But, once again: when your biggest disappointment with your D group is that the #7D is so good that he shouldn't be sitting on the bench all the time, you really don't have much to complain about.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
red wings fans dont really hate marchenko or ericsson. ericsson is hated on and off but marchenko has generally been a solid reliable bottom pairing guy

[mod] I have yet to meet a Wings fan who doesn't dog Ericsson. The guy has been a traffic cone for 5 years. I like that he fights, albeit very rarely, but he sucks. The Wings defense sucks in general lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad