Is there a disconnect between the Senators organization and the fans?

Is there a disconnect?

• There is a minor disconnect

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Where did you come up with more than half of the fanbase were okay with Karlsson being traded?
Erik Karlsson says he has no regrets as he returns to Ottawa

It was at %50 last time I read it with some people uncertain still ,whereas, that poll done here would likely have much different results or a poll done by any other group of people.

Most of the polls don't really reflect half the fanbase or most of the fanbase though, they actually just reflect just what certain minorities think of the way things are going and not the entire fanbase. They're not scientifically accurate and can be used as guides or references only but not very good ones.

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

It was at %50 last time I read it with some people uncertain still ,whereas, that poll done here would likely have much different results or a poll done by any other group of people.

Most of the polls don't really reflect half the fanbase or most of the fanbase though, they actually just reflect just what certain minorities think of the way things are going and not the entire fanbase. They're not scientifically accurate and can be used as guides or references only but not very good ones.
Karlsson was just another episode in this whole ordeal. I would wager if you take another poll now where the number of participants is large enough it could paint a much more accurate picture of where the fanbase stands.

Attendance is bottom 3 isn't? If that's not a clear indicator of a disconnect between the organizaton and the fanbase then I am not sure what to tell you.

Countless calls, emails, texts to TSN1200, social media, attendance, when does it NOT become a minority? All avenues of communication are basically littered with unhappy customers/fans. You don't have to go far to look evidence...

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Karlsson was just another episode in this whole ordeal. I would wager if you take another poll now where the number of participants is large enough it could paint a much more accurate picture of where the fanbase stands.

Attendance is bottom 3 isn't? If that's not a clear indicator of a disconnect between the organizaton and the fanbase then I am not sure what to tell you.

Countless calls, emails, texts to TSN1200, social media, attendance, when does it NOT become a minority? All avenues of communication are basically littered with unhappy customers/fans. You don't have to go far to look evidence...
Most of the fan base doesn't know how we made a good team with alfie and company, or they do and choose to ignore it. They also have no awareness of what other franchises go through, or they do and choose to ignore it.

The disconnect is not having an awareness of what other teams go through. yes attendance goes down in all franchises that rebuild.

My example remains that one groups thinks this, and the other groups thinks that. Disconnect.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Most of the fan base doesn't know how we made a good team with alfie and company, or they do and choose to ignore it. They also have no awareness of what other franchises go through, or they do and choose to ignore it.

The disconnect is not having an awareness of what other teams go through. yes attendance goes down in all franchises that rebuild.

My example remains that one groups thinks this, and the other groups thinks that. Disconnect.
You don't need to compare what other franchises go through to understand how mismanaged this one is.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
You don't need to compare what other franchises go through to understand how mismanaged this one is.
Except that every other team that turns to crap and has to rebuild, and it happens to many, is also blamed for being a mismanaged franchise.

Do you not remember the Leafs for years or do you forget about it, they had all the money in the world, but not a good hockey team.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Except that every other team that turns to crap and has to rebuild, and it happens to many, is also blamed for being a mismanaged franchise.

Do you not remember the Leafs for years or do you forget about it, they had all the money in the world, but not a good hockey team.

Who rebuilds like this with the best vets on your team being Pageau , Smith, Tierney.. the Sens have kids that would blow by these guys with some mentors on the ice.. Its an absolute joke the way Dorion has orchestrated this.

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
When was the last time a team gutted its star players while they are in their prime? It never happens.

Its as though the following didn't happen in your eyes
  • Alfie leaving the organization twice and his comments about the Sens needing a new owner
  • Ex players voicing past experiences while employed by him
  • Jim Watsons comments about the difficulty of working with Melnyk
  • The law suits between Melnyk and Ruddy
  • The back stories about his dictatorship from ex employees
  • The constant stories reported by NHL reporters/insiders about management/ownership
  • The fan outcry
  • The billboards?!?!

the list goes on and on, but you're here trying to convince US FANS that there is no disconnect?

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Who rebuilds like this with the best vets on your team being Pageau , Smith, Tierney.. the Sens have kids that would blow by these guys with some mentors on the ice.. Its an absolute joke the way Dorion has orchestrated this.
I guess that would depend on looking at other teams that succesfully rebuilt and who were their veterans that were so important?

Did the Leafs insulate rookies with veterans or did rookies show up and be among the top players on the team without help from any veterans whatsoever?

Your team gets better with better players that are young and on the upswing not by having more key veterans with declining skills.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
When was the last time a team gutted its star players while they are in their prime? It never happens.

Its as though the following didn't happen in your eyesAlf
jagr on the penguins, the team wasn't winning, fans went down by 5k, traded him, then had crosby malkin,fleury+

another example of how people don't bother to look at other teams

maybe not the last time, but it happens or apparently, never happens.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
jagr on the penguins, the team wasn't winning, fans went down by 5k, traded him, then had crosby malkin,fleury+

another example of how people don't bother to look at other teams

maybe not the last time, but it happens
Alfredsson
Karlsson
Stone
Duchene
Dzingel

3 we're pillars to the Ottawa Senators

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
No trust, no fans
Only happens to us, no other teams though right?

You might not care about other teams but not acknowledging they go through pains is ignorant.

Alot of these ignorant people are the ones that make fun of the teams near the bottom of the standings but when it starts happening to the team they cheer for it's not so funny anymore.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
So you agree that there is no trust.

I could care less whether other fanbases trust their owners or management groups. It doesn't have any impact on me one iota.
and there u have it, will paste what i typed

"You might not care about other teams but not acknowledging they go through pains is ignorant.

Alot of these ignorant people are the ones that make fun of the teams near the bottom of the standings but when it starts happening to the team they cheer for it's not so funny anymore"

Sensfan5

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
Only happens to us, no other teams though right?

You might not care about other teams but not acknowledging they go through pains is ignorant.

Alot of these ignorant people are the ones that make fun of the teams near the bottom of the standings but when it starts happening to the team they cheer for it's not so funny anymore.

Out situation is best compared to Chicago of the late 90s, early to mid 00’s with Bill Wirtz. His son had to regain the trust of the fan base. Melnyk has to do that (spoiler: he won’t) or sell the team.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

So we must be in some extreme echo chamber here. Can you then point me to the forum where all the Melnyk/Dorion fans are? Because I wouldn't mind hanging out with Wiseman Lorenbg and her friends, they're kinda hot.

Reactions: Boud and Deku

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
The pot is boiling over.

How the heck does this Melnyk era end?
I wish there was more I could do than just tweet #MelnykOut.

I love the Sens with all my heart. I have gone to and enjoyed 3 games this year - BUT they were all gifted and free to me. I will not spend a dime on Melnyk’s team. However, if he were to sell, I’d immediately buy a 10 game pack. I’m finally old enough and making enough money to do so, but hey...Eugene flapping Melnyk, everyone!

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
So we must be in some extreme echo chamber here. Can you then point me to the forum where all the Melnyk/Dorion fans are? Because I wouldn't mind hanging out with Wiseman Lorenbg and her friends, they're kinda hot.

Not Melnyk or Dorion fans, but people that are aware of other franchises that have to rebuild their rosters at times. Particularily ones that has been around for at least 25 years. ie blue jays,the athletics, the leafs, the penguins, before they traded jagr, and the Senators!!!.

Those people are pretty rare though in the online world.

It's either lack of awareness, uneducated or ignorance.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Says the guy literally laughing at the Oilers 3rd line in the pre-game thread.

Post something else about ignorant people. Please.
Took them 10 years to get that line but the sens are worse than them apparently, and you're a sens fan backing up the Edmonton Oilers!! Congrats you found your new favorite team.

Last edited:

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
true, but to be fair the attendance issues started well before they announced a rebuild.
Yeah the attendance started dropping a few years after our Cup finals appearance in 2007. We always seemed to be a borderline playoff team that was never good enough to compete for a Cup, nor bad enough to get a lottery pick. Fortunately we drafted great players, unfortunately they all left.....Many fans knew that something was amiss around this time period, because we kept getting mixed messages from ownership regarding the true direction of the team. Never quite bad enough to fully tank and go full rebuild; it was always labelled as a retool. The Sens HAD a passionate fanbase, but in my opinion, it was this decade of poor ownership and misdirection that started sinking the ship. At this point in time we've most definitely hit the lowest point in the franchises history, and this couldn't come at a more inopportune time.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
Yeah the attendance started dropping a few years after our Cup finals appearance in 2007. We always seemed to be a borderline playoff team that was never good enough to compete for a Cup, nor bad enough to get a lottery pick. Fortunately we drafted great players, unfortunately they all left.....Many fans knew that something was amiss around this time period, because we kept getting mixed messages from ownership regarding the true direction of the team. Never quite bad enough to fully tank and go full rebuild; it was always labelled as a retool. The Sens HAD a passionate fanbase, but in my opinion, it was this decade of poor ownership and misdirection that started sinking the ship. At this point in time we've most definitely hit the lowest point in the franchises history, and this couldn't come at a more inopportune time.

It started way back then eh?...Yeah i left Ottawa in 2007 and then lived on a mountaintop in a little log cabin for 6 years so I kinda didn't follow what was going on all that much-lol.
It's been obvious the past couple of years as to what's lead to this current disconnect but I was, and still am perplexed as to how it all started in the first place. I guess your post sheds a little light on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad